Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

2 hours ago, Adam said:

West Ham have agreed deals for Harry Maguire and James Ward-Prowse, £30m each.

They are very Moyes-style signings. Add them to Alvarez coming in to replace Rice and it looks like they might have finally sorted out their squad after a lot of dithering this summer.

From the sounds of it, a lot of conflict behind the scenes between Moyes and Technical Director Tim Steidton. Looks like the owners have decided to compromise and get the players both want - Maguire and JWP for Moyes, Alvarez for Steadton.

35 minutes ago, FestiveJack said:

From the sounds of it, a lot of conflict behind the scenes between Moyes and Technical Director Tim Steidton. Looks like the owners have decided to compromise and get the players both want - Maguire and JWP for Moyes, Alvarez for Steadton.

A manager and a DoF who fundamentally disagree with each other on signings. Surely a recipe for success.

• Like 1

I've already seen people making fun of West Ham for these signings, but I think they're actually great signings for how David Moyes likes to play, Maguire especially. He made his name playing in the lower block units and that's exactly what Moyes likes to play. JWP will also be able to help West Ham score tons on set pieces teeing up Maguire, Soucek, Antonio, etc. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Twist said:

Is that a Linfield kit? Not a sight I expected to see today. Wow.

It is!

For those who do not know: Leo Varadkar Ireland's Prime Minister for those who do not know was in Belfast today and took in a tour of Windsor Park, home of Linfield whose fanbase are historically loyalist.

A wholly unexpected photo op

Edit: Linfield have not acknowledged his visit on their social media!

• Haha 1