Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

30 minutes ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

How we're spending 115m on Caicedo and still spending 60m on Lavia and 45m on Olise makes no sense to me.

Cause FFP means diddly squit apparently

800+mil in 3 transfer windows is baffling. 

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

Cause FFP means diddly squit apparently

800+mil in 3 transfer windows is baffling. 

Amortisation for spending coupled with lump-sum credit for sales has always made FFP infinitely easier than people assume it is.

15 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Amortisation for spending coupled with lump-sum credit for sales has always made FFP infinitely easier than people assume it is.

I read that apparently you're able to bypass UEFAs new 5 year rule cause you're not in Europe. 

Could be true. Could be bollocks. I don't know what's what anymore with rules and football

I read that too. What perplexed me is that people construed it out of Caicedo's 8 year contract - whereas my understanding was that UEFA weren't banning super-long contracts in themselves, just the way amortisation could be calculated on them (so an 8 year contract would still have to be amortised over 5, regardless).

Given the way FFP is always measured over a rolling number of years, it would seem silly to me if UEFA had set it up to have a "oh we missed Europe one year so LOL we can get away with anything and return the next year like nothing happened". So I therefore doubt this faff that's been reported about Chelsea this season is true. More likely ill-informed people have immediately jumped to the THERE MUST BE SHENANIGANS AFOOT conclusion.

Chelsea are basically me in the first season of my Parkvilla FM save. Throwing money around at everyone but also having to play kids because I have no players.

10 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Chelsea are really starting to field a tasty squad though. 

Shouldn't be hard considering they've signed about 900 people 

Again don't blame Lavia. Longer contract and probably better terms. Just leaves us scrambling now with everyone knowing we've got money to spend. 

13 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Chelsea are really starting to field a tasty squad though. 

I think they need at least 11 more