Baldur's Gate 3

Ruki

21 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Been working through the Goblin Camp 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

This shit got a lot easier once I rescued Halsin. Wish I did that before everyone there started attacking me on sight...

The Iron Throne

Spoiler

CAN GET FUCKED! I am never doing that again no matter how badly I did. I saved the mind flayer guy and my main character survived along with some of the family members or whatever but literally everyone else died and there were like 500000000000000000000000000000000000 enemies down there. Totally unfair bullshit. Can I get my dead companions back somehow and just live with this result? If not can I just not ever do that part?

If you are required to finish that part with everyone alive or something I might be done with the game. Just seemed completely unfair and not at all fun to play

Pretty sure you can skip the Iron Throne, obviously you'd miss out on

Spoiler

Wyll's father

but the quest itself isn't worth the headache. I remember it being super stressful (I lost a few of the NPCs, no companions). 

Apparently if you speak to Withers he can revive your companions. 

13 hours ago, Ruki said:

Pretty sure you can skip the Iron Throne, obviously you'd miss out on

Hide contents

Wyll's father

but the quest itself isn't worth the headache. I remember it being super stressful (I lost a few of the NPCs, no companions). 

Apparently if you speak to Withers he can revive your companions. 

If you know what you're getting into, it's a bit easier.

Spoiler

The two key things are to take party members that can travel quickly (Misty Step, Dimension Door, Teleport, etc) and to summon as many allies as possible before you get on the submarine. I had two elementals with me and they did most of the fighting while my party went around opening doors. 

It's still a total pain in the ass, even when fully prepared.

24 minutes ago, Your Mom said:
  Hide contents

Just a random skull I think. It's for the ritual to go to the house of hope and get the hammer. I have no idea where I sold it but I found another one so I'm hoping that works

Apparently any skull will do. And the vender apparently has a 'ritual pouch' on them with extra. 

That mission is a lot of fun though. Challenging, but really, really good loot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

So I have a question about something at the end of the game here

Hide contents

So either Orpheus becomes a Mind Flayer or I do? That's some bullshit. I'm a little upset right now

There's another option...

Spoiler

If Karlach is with you at that scene she offers herself up as a Mind Flayer.

You could have also accepted the Emperor's deal. But fuck the Emperor. 

13 minutes ago, Your Mom said:
  Hide contents

Well I missed her so I just wasted 70 hours

Naww, I don't think you did. 

Spoiler

Orpheus is who I chose to become a Mind Flayer as well, and it feels like I got the good ending. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Naww, I don't think you did. 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That's what I was thinking too but there are a couple of problems with that at least as far as my personal playthrough goes. I've been doing anything I could to try and help restore the Githyanki and now I'm just going to steal their prince away from them at the last minute. I imagine they would all hate me especially Lae'zel who just so happens to also be my partner. I can't imagine we get much of a happily ever after if I do that. So the game is swiping that from me at the last minute too.

Also this reminds me of the whole Fallout 3 debacle. Like why does it have to be me as the mindflayer? Why can't it be any of the companions who also have the tadpoles in their heads? Is this another "I wouldn't dare rob you of your destiny" piece of fuckery?

I never noticed you can just play a full game with one of the other characters if you want. I started a new game just to mess around with what my next character might be and you can choose any of the other characters. So like I would just play a full game as say Shadowheart if I wanted and it would all take place with her backstory and pov instead of the original character I used this time? This game is crazy replayable it seems

44 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I never noticed you can just play a full game with one of the other characters if you want. I started a new game just to mess around with what my next character might be and you can choose any of the other characters. So like I would just play a full game as say Shadowheart if I wanted and it would all take place with her backstory and pov instead of the original character I used this time? This game is crazy replayable it seems

Yup! I'm not sure about what differences it makes sadly. BUT! Dark Urge lets you customize your character and gives you...extra. I'm using it on my evil playthrough and it's dark.

Spoiler

Instead of pulling Gale out of the portal, you bite his hand off.