Baldur's Gate 3

Ruki

Since it's coming to Playstation in just a couple of weeks, and @Maxx suggested it, here's a thread just for that!

Myself, I am just finishing up act 2 at about 40-45 hours. My party is level 9 and I am rocking a Tiefling Swords Bard. Absolutely loving this game. 

I haven’t been able to play too much but I just got my guys to level 3 not long ago. I went with a college of lore bard (I hope I don’t regret not going swords), Shadowheart, Gale and I’ve just got Karlach which resolves my problem of not liking Astarion.

The game is really good so far and I’ve seen but a small fraction of it so far.

4 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

I haven’t been able to play too much but I just got my guys to level 3 not long ago. I went with a college of lore bard (I hope I don’t regret not going swords), Shadowheart, Gale and I’ve just got Karlach which resolves my problem of not liking Astarion.

The game is really good so far and I’ve seen but a small fraction of it so far.

You won't regret. You can switch at camp for 100 gold.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Think I'm going to get this on the PS5. I'll wait for reviews to make sure it works well on console first though.

From what I've seen, it works well enough on Steam Deck, which is less powerful than the PS5. Keyboard and mouse controls will be preferable, but the game is perfectly playable with a controller.

For those so inclined, there's a mid that gets rid of the companion limit. Unrelated advice that might qualify as a tiny spoiler below:

Spoiler

If you eventually get summons - especially undead ones - make sure to dismiss them before sleeping, as they explode otherwise, meaning you wake up damaged.

13 minutes ago, Toe said:

Am I the only one finding Act 3 to be a bit of a slog? 

I just started Act 3...

Spoiler

Just got arrested at the gate.

So not yet! Although, I did get annoyed to learn about one of the quests I picked up...

Spoiler

Finding clown body parts all around the city?! That's gonna be a huge pain!

Woo! It got announced today that this is going to come out on Xbox this year after all - the Series S version is going to be dropping the local co-op however, but I don't think that's going to be a massive issue. Playing a game of this length solely in co-op doesn't feel all that feasible in the first place.

Just now, Maxx said:

@Ruki tell me about your character

100% a jack of all trades! A tiefling swords bard who dips into melee, ranged, and spell slinging. Choosing all the good, heroic options and just went on a fancy date with Karlach once we reached the city! I can also summon a cambion demon to help out, I'm not using any mindflayer powers (that's for Astarion and his now swiss-cheese brain), and I cast Speak with Animals so I can talk to all the good boys in the world. 

• Like 1