Baldur's Gate 3

Ruki

Ok I was in the Goblin base at the start of the game and...

Spoiler

I found this dude who basically offered to spank me so I would feel better. So I figure what the hell I'm here might as well take the ride right? Anyway he starts going to work and I hit a good performance check so like I'm into it which makes the dude really get into it and then Shadowheart who I'm kinda into is getting into it so now I'm (Srar) kinda into it.

So I took part in a bdsm scene and now I have the blessing of the Goddess of Pain and I feel a little dirty. What kind of game am I playing exactly? :pervert:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Ok I was in the Goblin base at the start of the game and...

Hide contents

I found this dude who basically offered to spank me so I would feel better. So I figure what the hell I'm here might as well take the ride right? Anyway he starts going to work and I hit a good performance check so like I'm into it which makes the dude really get into it and then Shadowheart who I'm kinda into is getting into it so now I'm (Srar) kinda into it.

So I took part in a bdsm scene and now I have the blessing of the Goddess of Pain and I feel a little dirty. What kind of game am I playing exactly? :pervert:

Spoiler

Probably one of the horniest games of the year, tbh. 

• Like 2

Cool. Finally got this game. Have to dig in and create my character. Any suggestions for a first-time player? See a lot of people suggest the pure melee classes of Fighter and Barbarian, and apparently Rogue isn't necessary because you get a Rogue in your party early. Other people say go with Bard since the support spells are good, you can ace the dialogue options, and it doesn't really matter in combat since you pick up melee party members anyway.

Any other suggestions? Druid? Cleric? I was a Druid in the lone D&D campaign I played on 3e 20+ years ago...

• Like 1

I really liked my bard character. Was really able to embrace the jack of all trades thing. Great in conversation, and in combat could sling spells (offensive or support) and be half decent with a blade.

But really, go with whatever you think you'll enjoy most.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Cool. Finally got this game. Have to dig in and create my character. Any suggestions for a first-time player? See a lot of people suggest the pure melee classes of Fighter and Barbarian, and apparently Rogue isn't necessary because you get a Rogue in your party early. Other people say go with Bard since the support spells are good, you can ace the dialogue options, and it doesn't really matter in combat since you pick up melee party members anyway.

Any other suggestions? Druid? Cleric? I was a Druid in the lone D&D campaign I played on 3e 20+ years ago...

Personally in these games I roll with whatever gets me high charisma so I can get speech checks.

Bards are always a very strong choice because they are a phenomenal gadget class, and arguably overpowered in how flexible they can be.

Idk about bg3 specifically, but Spellcasters are good fun too, but can struggle early on and in general with how many spells you can get. A sorcerer has high charisma, and a smaller more selective spellbook, so they can be super good to avoid being overwhelmed.

There's also stuff like Paladin's, but they can be overly limiting.

As unhelpful as it sounds, honestly just go with whatever class appeals to you. You don't have to min max, and from what I read the game isn't dependent on a charisma build, lots of angles to approach situations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

I really liked my bard character. Was really able to embrace the jack of all trades thing. Great in conversation, and in combat could sling spells (offensive or support) and be half decent with a blade.

But really, go with whatever you think you'll enjoy most.

On one hand there's these benefits of Bard, on the other hand I can play as a Barbarian and swing enemies at other enemies. Two great options.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

I looked up all possible companion classes first to pick one I wouldn't run into, and still ended up going with wizard, which is fine because I treat Gale like he doesn't exist.  You won't get a druid until Act 2, but you could also end up getting two druids in Act 2.  

How about a Paladin?  You get the fighting ability of fighter/barb, plus some healing, plus some dramaaaaa if you break your oath.

• Like 1

I'm a Rogue but I just chose what fit the kind of character I like to play. I think my party is probably weak in some areas. For example I don't really do support spells at all. Everyone is geared towards offense so far. Shadowheart has some good healing when I need it but I don't generally buff people at all and haven't had many problems.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

After almost missing Gale at the start of the game I decided to look it up and see if I missed out of any other potential companions and it looks like I missed 3! :( More motivation for the next playthrough I guess

Which 3 did you miss?

27 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I know for sure I missed Wyll and Minthara and I may have missed Karlach but the description was a little unclear so it's possible I didn't

If you are doing the good (or even neutral) route, you had no chance of getting Minthara. Not getting Karlach though sucks :(

Did you already enter act 2? Are you able to go back to where they should be?

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

If you are doing the good (or even neutral) route, you had no chance of getting Minthara. Not getting Karlach though sucks :(

Did you already enter act 2? Are you able to go back to where they should be?

Spoiler

I'm not sure if I'm in act 2. I don't think so. You're right I did kill Minthara. I just met the Harpers if that helps with where I am. I don't remember ever seeing Karlach. Wyll helped during that first fight with the Goblins and then I honestly forgot he even existed :P 

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:
  Hide contents

I'm not sure if I'm in act 2. I don't think so. You're right I did kill Minthara. I just met the Harpers if that helps with where I am. I don't remember ever seeing Karlach. Wyll helped during that first fight with the Goblins and then I honestly forgot he even existed :P 

Spoiler

Ah, you're in the shadow cursed lands, so that would be act 2. Sadly you can't go back. But for your next playthrough...Wyll can be found in the druid grove where the training dummies are, and he has a mission that leads you to Karlach. 

• Thanks 1