Sports Illustrated done for good?

I know many a sports fan has grown up with Sports Illustrated and was also always a staple of being in waiting rooms as a magazine choice possibly. Turns out their parent company has laid off the entire print and digital staff.

https://frontofficesports.com/sports-illustrateds-publisher-lays-off-entire-staff-future-unclear/

Haven't read SI - even the swimsuit issues - in well over a decade. And them proclaiming Deion Sanders "Sportsman of the Year" makes me think I haven't missed much. But this is a shocker.

24 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Haven't read SI - even the swimsuit issues - in well over a decade. And them proclaiming Deion Sanders "Sportsman of the Year" makes me think I haven't missed much. But this is a shocker.

Wow. Not even the swimsuit issues?!

• Haha 11
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

My nostalgia is for Sports Illustrated for Kids in the 90s. I loved that shit.

I think I have thrown all the magazines I got in the 90s and early 00s but I know I at some point was gifted a sub to Inside Sports. Another sub was ESPN the Magazine. But there definitely was a run with SI. I can't say I'm nostalgic for any of them though. Sports almanacs and watching Sports Center in the morning before school? That's my nostalgia.

• Like 2

This looks more like Arena being in chaos behind the scenes due to Manoj Bhargava being an idiot and Authentic getting fed up with their non-payment. SI will probably relaunch as at the very least an online outlet under a new operator and quite possibly still as a magazine too.