Favourite Video Game System Control Pad

Guest muddatrucker

Currently, the PS2 controller.

I always liked the Mega Drive controller too, even though looking back at it it wasn't that good.

But the rectangular/two button deals of the Master System or NES were just Hardcore. :thumbsup:

GC for me, it just fits into my hands so well. Like it was made specially for me.

I still have a special place in my heart for the SNES controller, even the dodgy 3rd party one that I have. Classic. *wipes tear from eye*

N64's was easy to use, just had to be a bit quick with your hands. I think either the Dual Shock (PS1 original was too light) or the N64. X-Box's layout pisses me off, with the select, start and black/white buttons being under your palm

How fucking big are your palms? :P

The best ever controller was obvioisly the Atari 2600 :P

Atari2600-c-pad.jpg

:shifty:

I'm now getting flashbacks of using that Atari pad on my Acorn to play Quest For Gold. Got quite a lot of blisters from that thing.

My favourite pad would probably be the PS2 pad. The PS1 pad can't compare now as it feels far too light and I haven't used an original SNES pad for donkeys years so i've been using a 3rd party pad. Back when 3rd party stuff actually worked and continued to work after being used.

Does anybody else get buildups of dirt in the gap between the front and back parts of a controller, or do I just sweat too much from my clammy hands?

Nope. Happens here too. Best bet is to grab a business card or a library card, and scrape that shit out. Don't use a knife because if you use it on the edges and scrape out the rubber/glue, the whole thing'll fall apart.

*looks at old VCR controller held together with rubber bands*