Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

That's nothing Dan, you should see the ass whoopings I took while managing Guatemala. Nothing spells fun like and 8-1 beating in Mexico (9-0 if you want to get picky, our goal was an own goal -_- ) and a 7-1 beating in Costa Rica (Friggen refs apparently forgot that going offsides is illegal)

I started a new game and I am at Liverpool. I'm looking for a good midfielder or central defender to add to the team before the season starts. I'm thinking somewhere in the 4-6 million dollars (U.S.) range. Any suggestions?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The game hates me.

I'm playing as Chelsea. Going into Christmas I'm two points adrift from Man Utd, and I have two games in hand. Then Robben and Terry get injured. Day later, Drogba and Cech go down. Then I lose my next four games. FOUR GAMES~!

Fucking game.

Who?

EDIT:

Well, my newest Liverpool season is going OK, but could be better. I'm 3rd after 13 games, but the injuries are piling up. Currently injured are:

- Steve Finnan

- Milan Baros

- Harry Kewell

- Luis Garcia

- Stevie Gerrard

- Jerzy Dudek

Add to that, Didi Hamann has only just recovered from an injury he got in pre-season training.

It's going to be difficult to strengthen in January as well, because of my cheap-skate board. My season's budget was £4.2 million, of which I only have £500,000 left (I spent a load on youth players at the start of the season, and it looks like they'll be making up a large portion of my first-team squad).

Edited by The Rock Box

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Jan Lastuvka got injured in the 33rd minute of my cup tie against West Brom, I was already 1-0 down, and due to not having a keeper on the bench, De Jong had to give up his defensive duties and take the gloves. I changed my tactics to ultra-defensive and somehow managed to attack the shit into them and win 2-1 after extra time.

Sheffield Wednesday are the most difficult and frustrating team I have ever played with. All the players get unhappy pretty easily and its difficult to get a run with them. Normally Wednesday win a couple then draw and then loose a few. This has resulted in me chasing the playoffs and currently being 6 points behind...

Its frustrating because just when we have a chance to catch up we always seem to come a cropper to lower down teams like Luton and Doncaster. Thank God it's only February and theres a few months left before the end of the season...

Heres my current team anyways:

(4-4-2 Def)

1. Lucas - GK

2. Stearman - DR (£150,000 from Leicester City)

3. Heckingbottom - DL

5. Branston - DC

6. Lee - DC

14. Nalis - DMC (£16,000 from Leicester City)

24. Marsden - DMC

8. McGovern - RM

16. Mikalajunas (Free Transfer) / 20. Brunt - LM

10. Peacock / 9. Ndumbu-Nsungu - FC

12. Adebola (£9,000 from Coventry) / 15. Junior Agogo (£3,000 from Bristol Rovers) - FC

Just managed to sign Keith Gillespie and Les Ferdinand on frees for next season however in preparation for my squad reshuffle come June which excites me a tad.

Oh man.

I just had the best match ever.

Chelsea vs. Deportivo. Champion Cup Qtr. Final, Leg 2 at Stamford Bridge.

Going into the match Deportivo lead 2 - 1 on arr.

Match starts off slow. I scored the first and it's 1 - 0 (2 - 2). Deportivo score in the 80th minute. 1 - 1 (3 - 2). 89th minute. Drogba breaks down the middle and scores a perfect goal, 2 - 1 (3 - 3).

We go in extra time. First half is very slow but Deportivo score in the dying seconds. 2 - 2 (3 - 4). I have to score twice in the second half of Extra Time. 108th minute, Robben crosses and Drobga hits a header, it crosses the line. GOALLLL~!. It's now 3 - 2 (4 - 4). Deportivo lead on Away goals. I need to score again.

118th minute Chelsea with a corner. Robben takes it, it sails over the box. Everyone jumps. Terry connects and it beats the keeper. CHELSEA SCORE.

Chelsea win. 4 - 2 (5 - 4)

I'm a happy man.

Edited by Krazy_K

Guest Red Devil

I've just completed my second season with Real Betis. I thought i'd go continental as i hadn't played outside the Premiership. Turns out that the Spanish league is crap other then a few of teh top teams. Both seasons i won the La Liga, first season had no europe and got kncoked out early in the cup. Second season lost in the 2nd round of the CL against Liverpool and the semi-Final of the Spanish Cup to Real Madrid. My team looks like this,

GK: Seba Frey

DR: Marek Junkolwski

DL: Phillip Lahm

DC: Rio Ferdinand

DC: Vincent Kompany

DMC: Cesc Fabregas

MR: Bastian Schweisteiger

ML: Daniel Beirhofka

MC: Tote (soon to be replaced by Totti coming in on Free)

FC: Samuel Eto'o

FC: Lebohang Mokoena

The 30million sale of Joaqin to Man Utd funded most of the buys and selling my best player gave me 3 or 4 more great players to replace him with. Next Season i wanna go and win the Spanish Cup and the La Liga and the next i wanna win the Treble. If all that happens succesfully i'll probably stay another season and try to defend my trophies and then move on to another club and try to build someone else up.

Coming from a team thats spent £132,000,000 in just over 3 seasons compared to my modest £56,000,000?

Suck my dick Abramovich.

EDIT: Don't you guys get bored of signing the same bunch of players for each team you play as, and the same bunch of young players that always turn into future stars? that sucks.

post-38-1104450169_thumb.jpg

post-38-1104450169_thumb.jpg

Edited by muddatrucker

Guest The Real Deal

I just qualified from my Champions League group. Im Aston Villa and we had Valencia, Leverkusen and Anderlecht in our group.

Last match was against Leverkusen and they were ahead by goal different 2 80+ minute goals from Dyer and Gravesen put us through :)

After a fantastic start with Yeovil Town, bringing them to 2nd/3rd in the table, my team decided to hit the self destruct button.

I had Mark Burchill on loan and was doing great, but then his loan expires and he goes back to Portsmouth. Fine. Not only that, two of my other strikers go down injured for 4 weeks. OK, great. I bring in Will Johnson from Blackburn on a season-long loan and he does ok, scoring 3 goals before...I get sacked.

13 games without a win, about 10 or 11 were defeats, I got fed up up. Tried everything I could think of to get my team to win, but no cigar. So, I issue an ultimatum to the board for more transfer fees, but they tell me to stick it and send me packing.

After a month floating around, I get offered the Notts County job. First game is a good 2-0 win, second I believe I lost but I also got FIVE players injured! Bloody bastards...

One thing thats pissing me off is my players complaining about not topping the table when I'm 5th due to having 5 games in hand, come on you cunts, you do the maths.

Just when I think I've got a chance to make the fixtures up, the teams above me have more matches too.

I just wasted 45.5million on a first option for Kaka too, I've never done it before so didn't know exactly what it mean't either way, I've effectively given away my transfer budget at the start of the season and got nothing in return.