Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It comes up wit a little menu saying things like "mamase physical stats" and "auto win next game".The buttons don't actually work though, they were just left in there from the debug verion which only people at SI have. Just a little men to look at is all.

And yeah, I've managed England before on a few gmes, to varying degrees of success.

So I finished my first season at Leeds (post patch) and hey, I didn't get fired. Finished 8th in the end behind QPR on goal difference and 4 points behind Reading who were 6th. The problem was in our goal scoring, check this out.

Leeds United Goals for: 46 Goals Against: 34

QPR GF: 62 GA: 49

Crewe (finished bottom) GF: 40 GA: 73

The bottom team nearly got more goals then me. The next season should be better though as I have a modest 1.3m to spend after selling Seth Johnson plus I signed Noel Hunt to join my band of strikers, Healy, Mathis and Fabian Estoyanoff who I signed on a free and only settled in at the end of the season. Also got Anders Svensson, Eddie Lewis and Sunday Oliseh on frees. Plusss Gary Mckenzie from Rangers who the fans think will be a great prospect. Looking forward to the new season now, hopefully I can keep the job.

Just got Graham Stack and McManaman in and Shaun Derry and Jermaine Wright look to be moving on. Woohoo, Dennis Bergkamp. :wub: My wage bill has been shot to bits but Ken Bates can shove it caus I got the non-flying Dutchman.

7 games gone and Stack is on fire. 4 goals conceded, 4 clean sheets and 3 man of the matches. Hunt has 3 goals and Bergkamp has 3 assists. I'm loving it.

Edited by King Ellis

AHH! Decisions!

Chelsea just offered 50 million for Bojinov. Best striker in Europe in 2009 (last year), worth 39 million, and the fans player of the year this season, was also top scorer in the Premiership, and led Bulgari to be finalists of the World Cup, losing to Italy.

Absolutely class player.. but.. 50 million. I quickly saved and exitted, before I made a bad mistake.

What to dooo?

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Sell him, its funny. I remember in CM03/04 I got an enquiry from Inter (or was it real madrid? nevermind) about the availability of Patrick Vieira, since I had no intention of selling him I said 100million, they agreed, I laughed.

My team fell apart though, so I made a bid of 80million to get him back, they agreed, Paddy didn't I started a new game.

AHH! Decisions!

Chelsea just offered 50 million for Bojinov. Best striker in Europe in 2009 (last year), worth 39 million, and the fans player of the year this season, was also top scorer in the Premiership, and led Bulgari to be finalists of the World Cup, losing to Italy.

Absolutely class player.. but.. 50 million. I quickly saved and exitted, before I made a bad mistake.

What to dooo?

Ronaldo has been at Chelsea for years. (Y)

Robinho is also on my payroll. (Y)

Cav' is currently at the Arenal. (Y)

Tevez is a good possibility. (Y)

I wouldn't start a new game, no matter what happens. 50 million would be a good price, in my opinion.. just unsure of it all. They had originally said 16, and Gallas. I said, no, and said 50, expecting them to say no, seeing as they had already spent like.. 18 million, however, they said yes. <_<

Decisions, decisions.

Bah, once again my game has become utterly tedious. 7 draws in a row. :angry:

Playing 4-2-4 helped, finally won.

Fuckers, 20th November 2005. Fired. :(

Edited by King Ellis

I'm still the best.

Just to stop discussion going stale, and soemthing I'm interested in, what's the furthest you've got in a game so far? And how much is the most you've paid a player per week?

I'm only in 07/08 with Everton, and the most I've paid somebody is 42k a week to Tim Cahill.

I plated up to 2011 before my system crashed out. Had managed to take Bristol City to mid table in the prem and relatively comfortable after startikng at Southend too.

As for wages, most I've spent was 13k per week, bareing in mind my highest payed player in my diary is only on £150 per week at the moment and I usually start at these sort of levels means that there is an element of good business sence there.

Mother fuckers, Leeds went on a 7 game winning streak after I left and i've ended up at East Fife. Woe is me. On the matter of longest game, this 05/06 season is my furthest.

Yay, won my first game against 4th place Montrose 4-2 away.

Edited by King Ellis