Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Yeah, teams seem to have invisible shortlists of players, I think they generally try to mix it up with each data update though to try and stop it being sooo repetitive.

How can someone be unsuccessful with Man Utd? if you don't win the league with a team in the top 10 first time, you probably need to be executed.

Yeah, teams seem to have invisible shortlists of players, I think they generally try to mix it up with each data update though to try and stop it being sooo repetitive.

How can someone be unsuccessful with Man Utd? if you don't win the league with a team in the top 10 first time, you probably need to be executed.

Man United always seem to go after Hargreaves, DaMarcus Beasley. Chelsea, Ballack, Iniesta, Kapo. Arsenal always use to go after Anelka again (I can't think of any others due to me usually being them).

I find that if you have 2 countries leagues running side by side, theres alot more transfer activity between them. For instance I'm Juve and the English teams seem to be signing lots of Italian players.

I can run all of England, all of Scotland, La Liga and Serie A fine on my 2.5Ghz Athlon XP box with 512mb RAM. Almost no slow-down at all.

However, on this pc (I'm at home right now so only have my 1.2Ghz P3 with 128mb RAM), the full English league is about as much as it can handle :P

I dunno whether having five leagues from five countries is any different to having five leagues from the same country though...

For me, Arsenal usually sign that Bosnian full back from Bayern, can't remember his name, Diesler and a striker who is always usually different.

Man Utd get Tuncay all the time, and Miccoli.

Chelsea get Ballack and Rosicky.

Middlesbrough ALWAYS get Hans Jorg Butt too.

What leagues do you run side by side Mudda? How many divisions do you have and does it slow down the game much?

I want to know because I want to start a Juve game due to my hetrosexual love for Ibrahimovic, but I want to have England, Spain, maybe France on the go.

I'm really enjoying my Arsenal game at the moment.

Thierry Henry has scored 27 goals in 16 starts and 1 sub appearance. Jeremie Aliadiere is banging them in whenever he's fit. My reserves all good enough to be able to beat half of the Premiership, and I'm still unbeaten in the league come December. Good times.

Got a West Brom game going right now, just entered the second season and just managed to survive religation (17th) - although we played so well all season it was a surprise when I checked the table in March to see how close to the drop we were. Just entered the second season and got two losses and two wins, so a good start - midtable.

Here's the guys I have brought in:

Ian Walker - £3.3 Million from Leicester City

Paul Konchesky - Free Transfer from Charlton

Andy Van der Meyde - £2.2 Million from Inter

Marco Streller - £450,000 from VfB Stuttgart (Now worth £4.6 Million)

Lee Bowyer - £1.5 Million from Newcastle

Paulo Vernazza - £190,000 from Watford

Titus Bramble - £600,000 from Newcastle

Christophe Dugarry - Free Transfer (Free Agent)

Massimo Maccarone - £2 Million from Middlesbrough

Out of all of those buys, Walker has been a great goalkeeper, Van der Meyde had a top season and was voted Player of the Year for my team, Marco Streller came in and scored loads of good goals. Paulo Vernazza was a surprise, brought in as a backup CM he worked his way into being my main CM. The rest haven't done anything special, but have been solid.

My Current Squad:

1. Ian Walker

2. Riccardo Scimeca

4. Paul Konchesky

5. Darren Moore

6. Andy Van der Meyde

7. Ronnie Wallwork

8. Jonathan Greening

9. Marco Streller

10. Kanu

11. Zoltan Gera

12. Lee Bowyer

13. Tomasz Kuzaszak

14. Robert Earnshaw

15. Paulo Vernazza

16. Titus Bramble

18. Darren Purse

19. Christophe Dugarry

20. Junichi Inamoto

21. Martin Albrechtsen

22. Paul Robinson

30. Massimo Maccarone

I haven't got into a CM game as much as this one for ages. I'll report back later with how the new season is going.

I've got a game going where I'm in my sixth year at the moment. I started off at Chelsea winning the league three times in a row. Then in my fourth year I was sacked whilst sitting in fourth, not too far behind, with Ronaldo (7 months, cruciate), Torres and Lampard all injured (which is why I was in fourth). I had an awesome team. When I was sacked I was immediately offered the Portugal job, so I took it, deciding I'd take a year out of club management.

I've got a 100% record with Portugal and have qualified for the next World Cup, with the next game being a friendly against England.

Near the end of the fifth season, I saw that Middlesborough were in need of a new manager. They'd been fucked over it seemed, barely able to put out a team without including reserves and youth team players. So I took it, with them being pretty much safe from relegation, giving me time to rebuild.

I kept them out of relegation, finishing 17th.

I'm now about 12 games into the next season, 3rd in the league with only one loss and about 5-6 points ahead of my old club Chelsea (who have won the league 5 times in a row) which is great. During the summer I managed to make a number of world class additions to the squad with my World Class rating as a manager going a long way to helping me do that.

I signed, Yakubu, Hubschmann sp? (Central Defender and is awesome), Mathiu Flamini (from Chelsea), Maxwell (Brazilian leftback), Simon Francis (Right back who I took a gamble on as he was awesome when he played for Bradford a year or so ago in real life), Amdy Faye (who has been great this season) and last but not least Ronaldo, who took a huge paycut to join me at Middlesborough after falling out of favour at Chelsea due to injuries.

When Ronaldo signed, he went down with another cruciate injury for 9 months, I put him in rehab and he was back within two months and has just started playing again making three appearances as sub and scoring twice.

I might post my squad a bit later when I get home and can get into my game.

Edited by HolokastTheIkon

Fucking ave' it just beat Man Utd 1-0 at Old Trafford with the Baggies!

Using a 4-1-4-1 defensive formation with Counter Attack works a beauty. When we counter attack we leave five down the back and have five guys charging forward passing between each other. It also helps my team are awesome at beating offside traps. Absolutly awesome.

The main thing is he had a bloody good season. Performed better than Russell Hoult could have done, and I still made over half that money back on selling him anyways.

Walker's an underated keeper anyways, always has been underated. He's only remembered for his bad patch last year in the Prem with us, but apart from that he's solid.

Got a West Brom game going right now, just entered the second season and just managed to survive religation (17th) - although we played so well all season it was a surprise when I checked the table in March to see how close to the drop we were. Just entered the second season and got two losses and two wins, so a good start - midtable.

Here's the guys I have brought in:

Ian Walker - £3.3 Million from Leicester City

Paul Konchesky - Free Transfer from Charlton

Andy Van der Meyde - £2.2 Million from Inter

Marco Streller - £450,000 from VfB Stuttgart (Now worth £4.6 Million)

Lee Bowyer - £1.5 Million from Newcastle

Paulo Vernazza - £190,000 from Watford

Titus Bramble - £600,000 from Newcastle

Christophe Dugarry - Free Transfer (Free Agent)

Massimo Maccarone - £2 Million from Middlesbrough

Out of all of those buys, Walker has been a great goalkeeper, Van der Meyde had a top season and was voted Player of the Year for my team, Marco Streller came in and scored loads of good goals. Paulo Vernazza was a surprise, brought in as a backup CM he worked his way into being my main CM. The rest haven't done anything special, but have been solid.