Embarassing Movies

Your Mom

I saw Ringu. It bored me to tears. I honestly don't see what the hype was all about. The Ring grew on me as the film progressed, but while watching Ringu I reached new levels of boredom. I enjoyed The Ring, I didn't expect much out of it, but when it was over I was pleasantly surprised. I rented Ringu thinking that I would enjoy it more...and instead I ended up almost turning it off a few times because I felt like I was wasting my life just watching it. Not scary, but neither was The Ring in my opinion, but unlike The Ring, it plain out sucked. Most over hyped piece of crap ever. Last time I ever listen to Japanese Cinema fan boys ever. I'll take Chinese Kung Fu over Japanese Horror/Suspense any day, thank you very much.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Dean Cain movie that was originally on TBS but now plays on HBO at 2 in the morning and I watch because I can't go to sleep or don't want to watch the re-runs of Everybody loves Raymond or some shit like that...

They're like no other drug, you hate to sit there and watch these shitbombs but you can't peel yourself away

EXAMPLES: No Alibi, Christmas Rush, Militia, Firetrap

It doesn't make it any better that Eric Roberts randomly shows up in most of these movies as well...I've said too much...I have to go kick myself in the face now.

I forgot what it was called.. shit, it was a mob/gangster movie, and had the dude that played Luigi in the Mario movie. The only thing I remember about this is Fat Joe getting that shotgun and killing some fool. This was really the only movie I have EVER walked out of..

Empire.

It stars John Leguizamo (sp?) who played Luigi in the SMB movie.

I forgot what it was called.. shit, it was a mob/gangster movie, and had the dude that played Luigi in the Mario movie. The only thing I remember about this is Fat Joe getting that shotgun and killing some fool. This was really the only movie I have EVER walked out of..

As mentioned earlier, that was Empire. That was an ok movie. That's because it went from gang story to love story to revenge story. Middle part was lousy IMO.

Spy Kids. Wow, that really sucked. I wish I never saw that garbage.

Daylight. I'm not sure if that movie made any sense whatsoever. I didn't like it either. I try not to think about that driving through tunnels too.

Well seeing as how I like the Lord Of The Rings (I didn't until I had to take a film class in college that used LotR as the main material), Mr. Nanny, Suburban Commando, and a few other movies already named, my opinion may or may not be valid. But I think the following movies are horrible...

The Village - Even not knowing the "surprise" ending wouldn't make the movie any less shit.

The Matrix (all of them) - Just bore me to death.

Corky Romano - Chris Kattan should be never be allowed to act in anything ever again. He's not bad in Night At The Roxbury, but he's off the charts annoying in Corky Romano. And even if he's supposed to be, to me it's not a funny-annoying, it's a "I want to rip this guys nuts off and shove em down his throat"-annoying.

Sudden Death - Worst. Movie Filmed in Pittsburgh. Ever.

Then again I like Collateral Damage a lot and everyone says that's shit too.

Well he produced it though so he's mostly to blame. The book I've heard was good...but something like a million pages (approx.) . However the movie is a little over 90 minutes. Ok..you do the math. The movie was so horrible I think the Sci-Fi channel would have turned it down. The directing has to be some of the worst directing in film history.

It was actually just over 1000 pages, and superb every step of the way. The point at which the movie stops is only about half way through the book, and the second half of the book was vastly superior to the 1st. Words cannot express the disappointment I had for this movie. I was excited when I heard it was being made into a movie, but when I found it was only and hour and a half long, I knew it would suck

A couple of the movies you guys are naming are bad but I just can't see how you can feel embarresed to see them. The Matrix movies? The LOTR movies? I mean I loved those movies but I understand that some people won't like them however to say that you were embarresed from watching it is just really really overly dramatic I think.

Guest Ritrais

I rarely ever post but this thread caught my attention so here it goes. house of a 1000 corpses was really awful the clown being the it's only redeeming value. Jason X was mediocre at best up until he became a cyborg and then it just got worse from there with the exception of the hologram girls in sleeping bags thing which brought tears to my eyes because I was laughing so hard. house of the dead me and a friend rented knowing it was going to be terrible so I can't say I'm embarassed about seeing it as we did enjoy laughing and making fun of how terrible it was. I also suffered through gummo after my cousin recommended it as being a cult classic and it being made by the same guy that made kids. That's all I can think of off the top of my head but no one else had mentioned these monstrosities yet so I figured I'd be the first.

While I didn't shut it off halfway through, Garfield was WAYYYY too predictable for me.

*spoilers*

This was the whole movie:

Example 1:

Jon: Garfield, I'm going into the other room and I'm leaving this lasagna on the table. DON'T EAT IT!

*Garfield eats it. Jon comes back*

Jon: GARFIELD!!

Example 2:

*Jon buys Odie and puts him in the car. Odie proceeds to sit in the basket labelled 'Garfield'. Garfield walks outside and looks at the car.*

Garfield: OH MY GOD! WHAT A SHOCKER! THERE IS A DOG IN THE FRONT SEAT! OMGWTF2004~!!!?!?!

Example 3:

*Garfield is sad because Jon likes Odie better so he sleeps outside.*

Garfield: Stupid dog.

*Odie comes through the doggie door and lays beside Garfield.*

Garfield: Odie, I love you. Your such a great friend.

*SWERVE~~~~~~~~~! Garfield jumps through the doggie door.*

Anyone disagree? :P

Jack Frost.

Not the Hollywood fairy tale one, the Revenge of the Mutant Killer snowman.

It looked good on the box but it is absoultley shocking, most piss poor film ever imo, looks like they spent about £10 making it.

If you all thought Jack Frost was bad, it looks like Pulp Fiction compared to Jack Frost 2. Jack Frost 2 may be the worst movie ever made.

But to movies I've been embarressed to watch. Soul Survivors I think its called is my top. I had high hopes because it had Eliza Dusku or whatever the fuck her name is and the cover looked good. I thought i was renting a movie that could become a cult classic but in actuality, i just rented shit.

Also rent Trucks by Stephen King if you want to feel embarressed while watching a lame movie. It's terrible.