Batman Begins poster...

BlackFlagg

They never showed Two-face killing Wayne's parents.  :huh:

Anyways, this movie will kick so much ass, people seem to be confusing it with the other Batman movies but if you read the interviews it's a brand new series.  They wanted to basically "reset" the franchise because it turned into a cartoon.  It's going to be very dark and very twisted, if you have ever read Batman:Year One.  Also it means that it's possible that the next Batman movies have The Joker in it again.

Some thug shot Bruce's parents, IIRC.

In the comics, yes. It was Joe Chill, pretty much a no-name thug.

In the movies, no. It was Jack Napier, who later became The Joker.

1. Batman is no Farmer, so why dos he have a bat tracktor ?

2. Only Jack can be Jack, you cannot top Nikelson as the jocker

3. Tim Burton = master of the darkish movies, ergo, cannot be toped by anny wannebe, no matter if he turnes the movie into another powerrangers wannebee ore something less laughebell it cannot be better than what burton did

1. I don't see how that's going to detract from the movie except piss off a few comic nerds. To me, the giant Batmobile is just like giving Spidey organic web-shooters.

2. Agreed, but the Joker isn't in this movie so it has no bearing on it. We'll discuss that in the sequel where they decide to bring in the Joker.

3. Tim Burton is not the master of darkish movies. Look at how well he "darkened" Planet of the Apes. :lol: Christopher Nolan is at the helm for this one, the man behind Memento. And David S. Goyer had a hand in the screenwriting, the same guy who wrote Blade, which in my opinion is one of the first GOOD comic adaptations. He also wrote Dark City, which even beyond the title, is one very dark movie. I still wish Darren Aronofsky would be writing and directing this, but a Nolan/Goyer combo has much promise. As well as Christian Bale in the title role, I'm very optimistic.

1. Batman is no Farmer, so why dos he have a bat tracktor ?

2. Only Jack can be Jack, you cannot top Nikelson as the jocker

3. Tim Burton = master of the darkish movies, ergo, cannot be toped by anny wannebe, no matter if he turnes the movie into another powerrangers wannebee ore something less laughebell it cannot be better than what burton did

That's the most AMAZING...ly generic thing I could have expected.

It's not suprising; nerds went nuts over the Star Wars poster almost dentical to that, so people probably figured they'd love this poster too.

Insomnia is a remake of a Scandinavian film with the same title...They even have pretty much the same DVD cover... However that doesn't detract from the fat that Nolan is great and this cast for Batman Begins is phenominal.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

To say Tim Burton is the master of darkish-movies is something only someone who knows very little about movies would say. Dario Argento? David Lynch?

Yes, i realy can imagin David Lynch doing a batman movie....

Burton is Perfekt for a Movie like batman, he cannot be toped, don´t worry about forgetting my words i´ll remind you wen you come crying about this movie...

Spider-Mans organig webshooters made sens, they saved a good amount of time - the bat tracktor just looks like gigantic bullshit, and i can remember all of you agreeing on that wen we had pictures and vioes of that postet here so don´t claim different now.

First off I never said it looked like crap, I thought it looked great. And from what I read about the movie it makes sense since they are going for a sense of realism.

Secondly, don't try to be condescending. You said that Tim Burton was the master of the "darkish movie" not Tim Burton was the master of the Batman movie. Yes of the two directers who have made Batman movies, (the original Batman movie not counting) Tim Burton is superior. I was stating that you gave Tim Burton too much credit since there are directers out there and in the past who have made much better "darkish movies" and deserve far more credit then Tim Burton.

Thirdly, if it sucks it sucks. At least I'll be ablt to make my determination based on actually seeing the movie not a picture of the batmobile.

Edited by Pepsi

Yeah, read a batman comic people. Jack was good as Joker, passable. NOT GREAT.

Joker is far more sadistic and humorous than Jack could portray. Much to the point that I'd think Jim Carrey probably would have pulled off a better Joker. You want a good Joker model? Look at the animated series, Mark Hamil showcased just how Joker should sound. Jack never pulled that off.

Secondly, please Tim Burton's movies were ok. Nolan seems to be the first director to actually plan on showing Batman's detective skills. He's the World's Greatest Detective afterall.

Tim Burton hasn't darkened up much, certainly not Batman. You want a dark batman? Look at Frank Miller's stuff, which I can happily say, Batman Begins is based off of.

How does that look horrible! That looks so fucking bad ass! I don't get it, you say your in favor of a dark Batman movie like the first Batman, so this one loks to be even darker and yet you say it's horrible. You make no sense. :rolleyes:

Edited by Pepsi