Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm not saying we deserved to win - because my original point was we should have gone for the win and not been content with a draw. I hate this attitude that exists with us, that a point away is good enough (same with Everton, everyone was saying a point would be a good result). Bollocks, we should be going out to win.

I think he's trying to rectify that now, I remember when Valencia tore us apart under Benitez and I think that's what he's trying to achieve, but obviously felt he needed a solid defence to work from.

We've played some really good football under him at times, and already this season we're looking much more exciting in attack (Kuyt and Bellamy looked awesome last night, shame they won't get a chance to start together regularly), and with the likes of Gonzalez, Pennant, Aurelio still to 'settle' I reckon there's a lot of potential there.

That being said, if I had a choice between boring but successful tactics and how Arsenal play but having no trophies, I know which I'd choose.

Guest muddatrucker

Its hardly like we've been playing all fancy and winning bollock all though, before Chelsea got bought out it was the Man Utd/Arsenal show, you've won the CL and FA in recent years - hardly a constant level of success over a vast period.

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Crouch has been recalled to the Reds' attack to start alongside Dirk Kuyt in this evening's Champions League clash with Galatasaray.

Rafael Benitez has made five changes from the side which beat Tottenham at the weekend as Crouch, Jamie Carragher, Fabio Aurelio, Luis Garcia and Jermaine Pennant all return to the team.

The starting eleven for tonight's Group C clash is:

Reina

Finnan

Agger

Carragher

Aurelio

Garcia

Gerrard

Alonso

Pennant

Kuyt

Crouch

Subs:

Dudek

Hyypia

Bellamy

Riise

Gonzalez

Sissoko

Zenden

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Poor result on Saturday, but the blow of going out of the cup was softened by the brilliant protest made by Liverpool fans at the start of the game. The noise was unbelievable (I've seen it on the TV since and they have definately turned the crowd noise way down) while the ground chanted Justice for the 96 for the first 6 minutes.

Fair play to John Motson for mentioning it and (briefly) explaining what it was about, but shame on Mark Lawrenson for ignoring it.

Poor result on Saturday, but the blow of going out of the cup was softened by the brilliant protest made by Liverpool fans at the start of the game. The noise was unbelievable (I've seen it on the TV since and they have definately turned the crowd noise way down) while the ground chanted Justice for the 96 for the first 6 minutes.

Fair play to John Motson for mentioning it and (briefly) explaining what it was about, but shame on Mark Lawrenson for ignoring it.

So that's what it was for. God those commentators are thick as shit because they said it was IN 96, and not for the 96, so I was trying to work out what Motson and Lawrenson were on about.