Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlucky error from Carson, but it is a lot of pressure for the kid. He held up very well until that point. Liverpool really need to get a third if they want to put the pressure back on Juve now. 2-1 is more than easy enough for them to turn around in Turin.

In more important news :shifty: Leicester 1 - 0 Wolves

The playoffs are still in sight....

Would've taken 2-1 at the start of the game, but 2-0 would've been nice.

I feel sorry for Carson, his save from Del Piero was fucking brilliant, but the mistake was... unfortunate. Still, he's going to be brilliant in a couple of years.

Hopefully we can get a 0-0 in Turin, with Chelsea beating Munich.

Poor error by Carson. Looks a very good goalkeeper if he can cut out the mistakes. He made one last week against Germany which cost the under 21s.

At least your still ahead in the tie. Probably have to defend like crazy in Turin, but I hope to see an all English tie in the semi.

I think if Liverpool can play like they did in the first half again in Turin, they could go through. We have a chance. Carson was horribly unlucky but it's nerves he's what 19/20? He did an excellent job for the 3rd choice keeper. Hyppia did a great (that goal was brilliant) job too and I've not been a fan of his this season. Given time, I think Liverpool can be a great team. The Champions League Semi Final is within arms lenght if the good Liverpool turn up.

For a squad that's been decimated by injures, we did very, very well against, in my view, the best team in the tournament so far. When we get back to full strength next season (with Pongolle, Cisse and Alonso et al) back, plus a few signings, then I see no reason why we can't break back into the big three/four - and put up a half-decent fight in the league.

Providing we can iron out the 'shitty' Liverpool.

Edit: And yeah, Carson's 19. He's going to be brilliant.

Edited by The Rock Box

Woah, when I found out we had won, it blew me away! It's really encouraging to see us beating a top European side at home. But it would be even better winning away! All we need to do is score one goal agianst them and we go through. Easier said then done though.

Woah, when I found out we had won, it blew me away! It's really encouraging to see us beating a top European side at home. But it would be even better winning away! All we need to do is score one goal agianst them and we go through. Easier said then done though.

We're still underdogs, and it's not the best lead to try and defend. We'll have to try and play like we did in Germany in the last round, but it won't be easy.

I'm glad though that we're still in with a real chance of beating Juventus. Rafa's got us on the up, in Europe especially.

I'm worried about the Citeh game this weekend tbh. The Juve game is a big distraction, and Pearce seems to have got his players fired up. They'll be desperate to get him his first win.

As important as next wed is, we need to get back into the European cup next season.

Told you it would be an awesome game, people who were saying it'd be dull were proved so wrong. Entertaining for every single second of it.

Liverpool were by far the better team in the first half, no doubt. Simply because they came out and played brilliantly. Any team would have been rattled at the time. Two superb goals too. Awesome save from Caros to deny Del as well. Fucking shit linesman costing us a crutial goal though I must say. Second half though I think we were the better side, but mainly because we came out knowing we had to score a goal. Yeah an error by Carson but none the less a goal is a goal, so I was damn happy with it, plus it's an away goal. Zlatan was pretty awesome at times, class play from him. Baros had a great game which was good to see. Nedved was pretty shit in all fairness, a big let down and I'm really hoping he's at his best in Turin.

I'm still partly happy with the result though. We got the away goal which mattered the most. In Turin I know we can defend as good as any team in the world. With that said though, that doesn't mean Liverpool wont score a goal or two so this thing is far from being in the favour of one team. We have the home tie, which is in our advantage and the away goal, but Liverpool have that extra goal. I cant predict this one because in all fairness either team can still win this, but I'm really hoping we can play like we did against Madrid in the second leg next wednesday and walk away with the win.

Either way, awesome game last night and will be just as good next week I reckon. Hat off to Liverpool, one of the best performances in the CL this season in that first half.

Yeah I thought he still seemed a little slow and stuff, which is pathetic. Don't play the guy. He's one of the best midfielders today, I don't want to see his career cut short just because they're not patient enough. They do need him back yes, but I'd rather wait till he was fully fit. Last night he couldn't do barely anything, so there was no need for him to hardly be there. I'd say play him next Wednesday and then save him till the Milan game or something. I was more scared for Emerson as well when he went down straight away. He was moving slow all night too.