Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

I've heard that Liverpool could be in the chase with Milan for Zebina. Interesting, I never thought we would want to get rid of him seeings though he was pretty good when he was at full fitness, and we lost quite a bit when he was injured. Still, it'd be a good signing if Liverpool could get him. Not the best player around, but he's certainly good.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Zebina just a right-back though?

Finnan whilst not spectacular, is solid enough for the time being in that position and if anything thats the least of Liverpool's priorities in the transfer window. Its not surprising Juve would be looking rid of him, they're defence this season has been great without him and they've more than adequate cover even if injuries do occur.

I would like to say that although Liverpool were class in the match today, I (as well as Sky Sports and bbc.co.uk/sport) thought that Bowyer sending off was really harsh.

It seems sad that his reputation got him sent off rather than the actual challenge (which although late, wasn't particularly high or over the top of the ball, was for the ball initially, and was from the side, rather than from the back).

Twas a shame, as Newcastle had made some inroads into possibly mounting a small comeback, which the sending off killed stone dead.

Peter Crouch: The Enforcer

Gerrard sending Shearer flying and then trying to throttle Bowyer was awesome as well.

If Newcastle only had an average goalkeeper and not one of the best in the world, it could have easily been four or five. His save from Kewell was something else, the way he was going the wrong way but still managed to push it out.

Edited by rock a box 27

Although I think he's a right cock, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Bowyer yesterday.

It was a bad tackle in the first-place, worthy of a booking definitely, but the sending-off itself was well strict. If Bowyer was to be sent off for his reaction, Gerrard should have had the same for his involvement.

What a load of bollocks Bowyer's sending off was.

The tackle itself was worthy of a booking, no doubts there. But yet it's alright for Crouch comes running in and pushes him over, gets away with a booking. Surely, if you're raising your hands to someone and knocking them to the ground, that's worthy of a red? And Gerrard manages to get away with pushing Alan Shearer in the back and grabbing Bowyer by the throat. How is that fair that he doesn't even get booked?

I'll happily take the piss out of Lee Bowyer for being a mentalist, but I really do feel bad for him in this case. His reputation has gone before him and he's suffered for it.

I think the more I look at it, the more Bowyer should have only got a yellow. However, I can't say I'm not happy with him being sent off. I don't like the guy.

HOWEVER, the ref should have dealt with Crouch and Gerrard if he was going to deal with Bowyer. I think if he had just given yellows all round, then that would have sufficed. Just sending off Bowyer however is poor refereeing and the FA need to look at the situation.

Aside from that, Newcastle are still shit and Crouch needs to score a goal that cannot ever be disputed. Then I'll warm to him.

And his second against Wigan doesn't count, because that defeats my objective.

Speaking of the Crouch goal, was he officially credited with Liverpool's second yesterday?

At half-time SkySports News had it credited as a Given own-goal but I haven't heard anything since. I guess since they officially gifted him the second against Wigan, they felt it was only right to take one back.. :shifty:

Yeah, I saw on Sky they had given it as an own goal. I thought that's a bit harsh on Crouch, but I don't think he deserved the one against Wigan. An eye for an eye and all that.

As for the fight, I would have given Bowyer, Crouch and Gerrard all yellows. The tackle itself wasn't all that bad, but it was just the reaction that probably raised the card from yellow to red. No news of Souness appealing though so maybe he is just accepting it.

I think the more I look at it, the more Bowyer should have only got a yellow. However, I can't say I'm not happy with him being sent off. I don't like the guy.

HOWEVER, the ref should have dealt with Crouch and Gerrard if he was going to deal with Bowyer. I think if he had just given yellows all round, then that would have sufficed. Just sending off Bowyer however is poor refereeing and the FA need to look at the situation.

Aside from that, Newcastle are still shit and Crouch needs to score a goal that cannot ever be disputed. Then I'll warm to him.

And his second against Wigan doesn't count, because that defeats my objective.

He scored 2 in the WCC.

He got one tonight :D

Poll was shocking. Neither Neville or Arteta deserved to be sent off, Poll was shit all night. Fussy and didn't let the game flow at all - I hope both reds are overturned.

Cisse's goal was a goody as well. I was surprised to see him start, I thought we'd go with Crouch and Nando again.

Reds to gain Kromkamp for Josemi

Dutch international Jan Kromkamp is set to join Liverpool from Villareal in an exchange deal which will see right-back Josemi move in the opposite direction.

The 25-year-old Dutchman, who can play in midfield or defence, will tie up the deal if he agrees personal terms.

Villareal said in a statement: "We have reached an agreement with Liverpool for the transfer of Jan Kromkamp and the arrival of Josemi.

"The agreement is between the clubs and must be agreed by both players."

Villarreal have not announced whether the deal will be a straight swap or whether a fee will also be involved.

Rafael Benitez made Josemi, 26, his first signing as Liverpool boss in July 2004, buying him from Malaga for £2m.

But the Spanish player, whose full name is Jose Miguel Gonzalez, has struggled to break into the first team after a series of injuries.

Kromkamp is also not a regular at Villareal and has only made six appearances for the senior side this season.

The former AZ Alkmaar player made his international debut against Sweden in August 2004 and has since won eight caps under coach Marco van Basten.

I personally found the match entertain, if not a little irritating for the way Liverpool played. The first half was God Awful from our point of view. The comeback I expected, I also suspect that Rafa gave them a bollocking. Alonso's first goal was classy and the second was just great. The game as a whole looked like a game of FIFA come to life.

Gerrard falling was indeed hillarious.