Talking To Americans

apsham

Talking To Americans

I need to see the full show again, I missed the first twenty minutes when it first got shown. The basic premise is that Rick Mercer, a Canadian obviously, goes around American cities telling Americans some BS story about something going on in Canada to test them on whether or not they actually know anything about Canada. It usually ends in the target saying something like:

"Way to go Canada on legalizing Staplers!"

"Cograts Canada on saving the National Igloo!"

Anyone who gets CBC, watch it.

And/or you guys are stupid.

It isn't limited to news about Canada, a lot of it is based on world news as well. It's quite funny, unless you're a guy like cthemason, who doesn't get the joke.

As mentioned, I missed most of the show so I don't remember much about world issues, however as many things pertain to Canada, it's all made up stuff that anyone with common sense could pick out such as when he mentioned something about Canada recently joining North America and they believed him.

He actually talked to Bush... I can't remember what he said to him though

I haven't seen the show, he said it was just talking about Canadian issues. I was trying to say how what he described sounded like a shitty premise. The joke would be on them for trying to make fun of ignorant Americans who could really give a shit.

The joke would be on them for making Americans think that staplers were illegal in Canada? Wow.

I haven't seen the show, he said it was just talking about Canadian issues. I was trying to say how what he described sounded like a shitty premise. The joke would be on them for trying to make fun of ignorant Americans who could really give a shit.

The joke would be on them for making Americans think that staplers were illegal in Canada? Wow.

Guest ryan_the_canuck

Since I'm sure this will work into the debate eventually, any of the Canucks here read Baptism by Ice?

Canadian turncoat sports journalist travels back to his homeland to reconnect with his patriotism through hockey, along with his American friend who believes all the stereotypes. They travel the country, all the while the author spouts more obscure Canadian references than a BNL song.

. I can go and interview 20 random people in Canada and if one of them is a clueless retard then I've got my footage.

George Bush, your president, actually refered to Jean Chrieten as Jean Poutine. I'd say that is pretty good footage if you ask me.

Or how about asking scholars from University amongst other various politicians?

Talking To Americans

I need to see the full show again, I missed the first twenty minutes when it first got shown. The basic premise is that Rick Mercer, a Canadian obviously, goes around American cities telling Americans some BS story about something going on in Canada to test them on whether or not they actually know anything about Canada. It usually ends in the target saying something like:

"Way to go Canada on legalizing Staplers!"

"Cograts Canada on saving the National Igloo!"

Anyone who gets CBC, watch it.