The Wachowskis and Silver plan their next flick.

ROC

Credit = Cinecon.com

Natalie Portman says "V is for Vendetta"

POSTED ON 01/05/05 AT 4:30 A.M.

BY THOMAS CHAU

Variety reports that "Garden State" and "Star Wars" actress Natalie Portman is in final talks to star in "V is for Vendetta." The picture will be produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski Brothers, who also co-wrote the screenplay. James McTeigue, who was the first assistant director on the "Matrix" films, will making his directorial debut. The project will eventually be distributed by Warner Bros.

"V" will be based on the Alan Moore graphic novel of the same name and tells the story of "an alternate future in which Germany wins WWII and Great Britain becomes a fascist state. A terrorist freedom fighter known only as 'V' begins a violent guerilla campaign to destroy those who've succumbed to totalitarianism, and recruits a young woman he's rescued from the secret police to join him."

Hmmm....

Kinda seems like The Matrix meets Fatherland.....

Should be interesting....

The Wachowskis can make some pretty heavy shit...

Just look at Bound

hmm, sounds pretty cool. I love movies that do stuff like this, its cool to see their spin on history and how it could have gone. I'll defentally give it a watch when it comes out.

Yes, let's compare all their movies to the matrix. For no reason. That's a great idea.

I believe that the only movies the Wachowski's have done is Bound AND The Matrix Trilogy....

So, it's kind of hard NOT to compare to their other work.....

Credit = Cinecon.com

Natalie Portman says "V is for Vendetta"

POSTED ON 01/05/05 AT 4:30 A.M.

BY THOMAS CHAU

Variety reports that "Garden State" and "Star Wars" actress Natalie Portman is in final talks to star in "V is for Vendetta." The picture will be produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski Brothers, who also co-wrote the screenplay. James McTeigue, who was the first assistant director on the "Matrix" films, will making his directorial debut. The project will eventually be distributed by Warner Bros.

"V" will be based on the Alan Moore graphic novel of the same name and tells the story of "an alternate future in which Germany wins WWII and Great Britain becomes a fascist state. A terrorist freedom fighter known only as 'V' begins a violent guerilla campaign to destroy those who've succumbed to totalitarianism, and recruits a young woman he's rescued from the secret police to join him."

Sounds interesting. Let's see if the Wachowskis writing helps or hinders the new flick.

I've read the graphic novel. Pretty heavy stuff, not sure if it'd make a good movie because it's very deep and has a very thick plot. I really like Portman though so she balances out my hatred of Joel Silver.

Silver and the Wachowski's had their egos collectively checked with the reaction to the two Matrix sequels, so I'm sure this will be plot heavy and not the special effects blunder their last two films were. Natalie Portman is awesome, so I can't see how it wouldn't be good.

Silver and the Wachowski's had their egos collectively checked with the reaction to the two Matrix sequels, so I'm sure this will be plot heavy and not the special effects blunder their last two films were. Natalie Portman is awesome, so I can't see how it wouldn't be good.

Yeah...

The second someone mentions something about "Choice", I'm walking out of the theater.

I haven't seen Attack of the Clones. I won't see Attack of the Clones until maybe a week or so before the third prequel. I'm incredibly apprehensive of seeing Attack of the Clones.

Also; bah. In my opinion The Phantom Menace was an utterly mediocre movie and I don't really trust critics on movies of that magnitude, especially when everyone other than the critics so far has pretty much said it sucks. I'll grant that Portman didn't read the scripts and yes, her good film to bad film ratio is much higher than most, but still. The Star Wars prequels. Bah.

I thought Phantom was decent. I can see how you can think it was mediocre.

Depending on what you hated about Phantom you can either love or hate Attack. I think it was pretty good, a step up in some regards from Phantom, and a step down in others. I was dissapointed with it when I first saw it on account of the phenomenal hype, but on DVD it's pretty good.

And Bound was good. I'm sure we all have a copy of it, a ratty old VHS tucked in a box in our closet somewhere...

I dont know how you can say TPM was better then AOTC. AOTC was so much better then TPM it's scary. Although it still wasn't a very good movie it was at least far more enjoyable to sit through due to the fact that Jake Lloyd was nowhere near it.