BlackFlagg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Previously on PlayStation.com: we began grilling the 'brains' behind 24: The Game. Now we bring you the final thrilling chapter. Cue ticking clock....

The following takes place between questions 13 and 24, in Downtown Los Angeles, over a coffee and a doughnut.

In the last part of our interview you mention Fox TV were heavily involved. Were they helpful or hindering?

Definitely helpful. Okay, this is beginning to sound a little sycophantic, but it’s true, the guys on the show have been supportive all the way. From the moment we first met them, it was clear how much they care about 24, and how keen they were to help us to extend the 24 world with the same eye for detail and quality.

With the clock ticking all the time, the game must be fast paced. Will there be an opportunity to savour the levels at your own pace, via an unlockable free-roam mode perhaps?

You want us to give away all our secrets now? Come on....

Any other added extras on the disk?

An easy one to answer: we don't know. It'll be down to how much room we have on the disk. There's a lot of stuff to squeeze on.

What can non-24 fans expect to get out of the game?

An excellent game involving shooting, driving, sniping, gadgets, interrogation and stealth, all in a fully developed and professionally characterised gaming world. We know that no matter how popular 24 is, not everyone will have watched it. We expect the game to stand up on its own, hopefully to make a few people wonder why they haven’t been following the show!

Cambridge Studio's previous two games Primal and Ghosthunter received mixed reviews. What do you think you've learned from your experience with those games that has helped with 24?

I think it's largely about technology. For both those games we were developing new tech for a new platform and a lot of time was dedicated to that. Now we know we have an excellent engine and we've been able to dedicate our time to the more gameplay-oriented issues.

The 24 series could be squeezed into many different genres (RPG, point 'n' click adventure, FPS), why did you choose the third-person driving/shooting style?

RPG? Point and click? Hmmm, can't say we really considered these. They don't quite seem to be '24', at least not as we see it. FPS, though - that was a definite option... But we weighed things up and concluded that with such a strong set of characters, not least Jack Bauer, that we wanted to feature, plus a varied set of gameplay sections, third-person made more sense.

What madcap gameplay ideas ended up on the cutting room floor?

There's the idea of a true 'Bauer' mode - you have to complete the entire 24 hours in one sitting, one life, with no loo breaks. It's just possible that that may yet make it in, although obviously it'll have to be up to the player how they handle the loo breaks.

How many times does Kim get kidnapped in 24: The Game?

Come on, how unlucky can one girl get?

What do you think should happen to Jack in a possible fifth TV series or even a game sequel?

I think he should spend a day relaxing at home with his feet up. Perhaps he could show viewers his stamp collection? But I suspect that the 24 script team have got something pretty exciting planned.

If you had your pick of TV shows to turn into a game, which show would you choose?

I think we already got pretty lucky on that one. But let me think....

What about the next generation, then? With PlayStation 3 announced, what TV series would like to see turned into a next-gen game?

Personally I've been enjoying the new Battlestar Galactica series. Some cool gameplay potential there.

What's the most challenging part of creating a licensed game?

Meeting everyone's expectations! There are a lot of fans of '24' out there and they know exactly what they want to see. Plus, on top of that you've got to make sure that the game doesn't exclude people who haven't seen the show. It's a pretty tricky balance, but we're hoping that we're there.

while the season ends tonight i just found out thet the uk will get the DVD release in a few weeks from now already, i´ll get it even though i thought it was the weakest season up untill now.

Monday July 18th

Edited by Michael Matzat

Does anyone know if Kiefer's been confirmed for Season 5? I know they were open to killing the Bauer character, so who knows, they may have comprimised on sending him off into the sunset. It's for damn sure that they can't hope for a show centered on Curtis to be half as good.

Guest Ringmaster

Kiefer was on one of the local programes and when they asked him if he'd return, he just said "like I'm gonna tell you guys" although he did largely hint at his return. Like Beatnik said, it would take some massive talent to hold the show as well as Sutherland did, although the HR often ressurects the rumour that Christian Slater could play a role at CTU next year, which would be gold if Slater was in Heathers mode.

Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe)

Am I the only one who went from completely hating every segment she was in the previous season to laughing at her comments this season? She is a bitch, but the comments just made me laugh that I actually enjoyed watching the segments she was in.