Which music acts are gonna be big this year

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rise Against is gonna be big this year. I don't think they're that special, but they're not bad and 2005 is gonna be there year.

Queens of the Stone Age are going to become a household name this year. Yeah, they're already pretty big, but their next album is going to be what makes them explode.

Bloc Party and The Bravery should be huge, but I'm also going to throw in Velofax.

They're a band from Jersey, but they're getting huge amounts of exposure despite that, and despite only having been together since May. They've toured as Beck's backing band, and this Summer they'll be part of a big charity gig for Asia Relief with Ozzy Osbourne, McFly, Joss Stone, Ronan Keating and assorted others, and they have a UK tour coming up.

They're nothing like any other band I've ever heard, think a cross between Prince and Beck, with hip hop and techno influences, and one of the most charismatic frontmen around, with a fantastic vocal range. If they're not signed by the end of the year, it'll be a travesty.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Tech N9ne is dropping 2 CD's this year, and will be on numerous other albums & mixtapes, so that'll be big for the underground.

Plus, Kanye will be big again this year.

I think that the band Scars of Life might start getting more reconignition this year as a talented band. They're pretty much know as the up and coming band in the hard rock genre, since a lot know about them, but I think they're going to make a splash this year.

I think that a band from my home state could get more recognition, but not mainstream. Planet of 9 is gonna be opening for Chevelle soon and I think that can only help them.

Any idea when the Hot Hot Heat albums out? I got the first one pretty soon after it came out, couldn't convince anyone to come see em at Newcastle Uni in November 03 and of course missed out on Franz Ferdinand pre-Take Me Out. Bastards. But still want Hot Hot Heat album.

Any idea when the Hot Hot Heat albums out? I got the first one pretty soon after it came out, couldn't convince anyone to come see em at Newcastle Uni in November 03 and of course missed out on Franz Ferdinand pre-Take Me Out. Bastards. But still want Hot Hot Heat album.

I've heard as early as March and as late as June.

Who's left? Oliveri was booted and Lanegan left. Grohl also won't be on the new album will he?

Doesn't matter, the new album is fucking mindblowing. Have you heard the first single yet? The album is full of guest spots too: Brody Dalle of the Distillers, Shirley Manson of Garbage, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, and Lanegan is also making a couple appearances on the album.

From what I understand, it was tough for Homme to lose the band, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the quality of the new music. Queens are still one of, if not THE, most creative bands out there and it's my third most anticipated album of the year right behind Garbage and NIN.

I obtained "Little Sister", and I thought it was okay.

I'm interested in the tracks featuring Brody & Shirley, though.

Little Sister rocks your balls. :P

Don't expect too much from the Brody & Shirley track, from what I understand, he kept their backing vocals really low and short just to make people think, "what the fuck?" Shirley did an interview a couple weeks ago talking about how much the album kicks ass and how crazy Brody is. I haven't heard all of Lullabies to Paralyze, but from what I have heard it's great and Shirley would never lie to me.

Oh and Tristof, we just started putting The Widow in rotation, and yeah... The Mars Volta will be exploding this year.