NHL Playoffs Thread [03/04]

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iginla scores the game winner, me thinks. But this is going to take more than 1 overtime to diecide the winner.

Nah, It'll be over in 10 I think.

naiwf could be right.

I was hoping that two things would stop tonight:

1] Richards scoring game winners [successfully stopped]

2] Team scoring first eventually wins [did not stop].

1/2 shouldn't seem so bad - but it is. :(

PS - Belak is making 3/4 of a million dollars, playing 4 minutes a night and scoring two or three points a year. I'd say he's being fairly compensated for his work. ;)

Edited by grind your soul

I'm kinda bummed that Calgary didn't get it done tonight, but it was a fun game to watch, for sure. Seany, I still don't get what you mean about Belak, or Roberts and Nieuwendyk for that matter. Look at how much Belak played during crunch time in the playoffs. I like Belak just as much as the next guy, but I daresay that's about as much ice time as he's ever going to get.

As for Roberts and Nieuwendyk leaving Toronto, I don't think it'll happen. A lot of the stuff on Hotstove is just speculation (and Strachan being his asshat self). Both guys seems happy in Toronto, and I don't understand how they're not "serious about winning the cup". Getting knocked out of the playoffs means you're not serious, or that you don't want it anymore than anyone else? I'm not buying it.

Makes sense.  It better be Flames in 7.  Lightning winning would make me sick, almost as sick as the Devils winning.

Devils are way better than the Flames, they've won 3 times in the last 10 years. It's been 15 since Calgary won. And 37 since the Leafs won (Just put that in to annoy leafs fans)

Devils are way better than the Flames, they've won 3 times in the last 10 years. It's been 15 since Calgary won. And 37 since the Leafs won (Just put that in to annoy leafs fans)

Calgary will show you how you celebrate a championship......and no it won't be in their parking lot either. As for the Leafs crack, how about this......we've given everyone 37 years to catch up to our championship total......yet they haven't been up to task.

Devils are way better than the Flames, they've won 3 times in the last 10 years.

In what way is the past any indication of how good the team currently is? There are plenty of good teams that sucked a bit ago and plenty of crap teams that were good a bit ago.