Sin City

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Just saw the trailer for this film and I got excited.

It doesn't happen THAT often with trailers but the look, feel and cast of this film looks fantastic.

The male cast has some fantastic casting, Bruce Willis, Clive Owen, Benicio Del Toro, Mickey Rourke, Elijah Wood, Michael Madsen.... Just a shame about the female cast as I dislike all the actresses featured...Still this looks VERY cool.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

Well get rid of Elijah Wood, and add Nick Stahl, Arie Verveen and Rutger Hauer in there, and yeah, the male cast does seem fine. And Josh Hartnett should get stabbed as well.

Female wise, apart from Alba and Murphy (who are horrendous IMO), it isn't that bad, you have Carla Gugino, Marley Shelton, Alexis Bledel and Jamie King which aren't that bad.

As a fan of the comic, I can say that the movie does look good, but for some reason I'm not that hyped. Still, I'll definetely catch it though.

What's wrong with Elijah Wood? He plays a mute cannibal. That's some pretty sweet casting and he looks the part too.

Tarentino did some work on the film for 1 dollar since Rodriguez wrote the score fof Kill Bill vol.2 for 1 dollar because it's against guild/union rules to have someone work for free on a film. Hartnett is only in one story though and it's probably the shortest of them all since it's only two people.

I saw the scene with Josh Hartnett (it's the intro to the movie, I can upload it to YSI or something if you guys want), and he did a very good job in it. Mostly because the role didn't ask for him to actually have that much acting ability.

And yes, I've been hyped about the film since I heard about it back around July of last year. I also pre-ordered all the 2nd edition of the graphic novels. (The first two should be coming out this Wednesday, actually.)

Hartnett looks really good in the scene of his I've seen. Solid acting.

Isn't Josh Hartnett giving a good performance one of the signs of the apocolypse?

He's really not that bad of an actor. They could have casted much, much worse. I appreciate Hartnett actually taking challenging roles as of late instead of relying on playing the exact same guy in every single movie which I'm sure is what Hollywood would want him to do.

The cast looks magnificent, the atmosphere matches the pages in the comic book, overall I have high hopes for the film! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Wow.

That really looks awesome, great atmosphere, a pretty good cast, and seems to be staying pretty close the comic books so far. This definately seems to be the standout movie of 2005, as least in terms of visual style and flair.

My only worry is that having three seperate plots might make some people confused, but hey, it looks so friggin awesome, I'm gonna watch it anyway. :P

I've never read any of the Sin City comics, but I know some stuff about it from various issues of Wizard.

Watched both trailers, and that movie looks awesome.

Mickey Rourke as Marv, though? Hell, I'm surprised he still has a career!

Bruce Willis, Clive Owen, Benicio Del Toro, and Jessica Alba being in it are definite pluses.