Most Anticipated Film of 2005

Laice07

Most Anticipated Film of 2005  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Most Anticipated Film of 2005

• Star Wars Episode III:Revenge of The Sith (May 19, 2005)
    • Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire (Novemebr 2005)
    • War of The Worlds (June 29th, 2005)
    • Batman Begins (June 17, 2005)
    • King Kong (December 2005)
    • Sin City (April 1st 2005)
    • Chronicals of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe(Nov. or Dec. 2005)
    • Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy (May 2005)
    • Serenity(Sept. 30, 2005)
    • Kingdom of Heaven(May 6th 2005)

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

May 19, 2005

epiiiteaser.jpg

Synopsis:

After three years of fighting in the Clone Wars, Anakin Skywalker begins his journey towards the Dark Side of the Force, putting his friendship with Obi Wan Kenobi and his marriage at risk. The final installment of the star wars saga will also feature the epic duel between best friends-Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Cast:

Ewan McGregor .... Obi-Wan/Ben Kenobi

Hayden Christensen .... Anakin Skywalker/Lord Darth Vader

Natalie Portman .... Senator Amidala/Padmé Naberrie-Skywalker

Ian McDiarmid .... Supreme Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Samuel L. Jackson .... Mace Windu

Christopher Lee .... Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus

Anthony Daniels .... C-3PO

Kenny Baker .... R2-D2

Peter Mayhew .... Chewbacca

Frank Oz .... Yoda (voice)

Jimmy Smits .... Senator Bail Organa

Genevieve O'Reilly .... Senator Mon Mothma

Ahmed Best .... Jar Jar Binks

Jay Laga'aia .... Captain Typho

Joel Edgerton .... Owen Lars

Teaser

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

November 18th 2005

daniel_radcliffe2.jpg

Synopsis

In his fourth year at Hogwarts, Harry faces his greatest challenges and dangers yet. When he is selected under mysterious circumstances as a contestant in the Triwizard Tournament, Harry must compete against the best young wizards from schools all over Europe. But as he prepares, signs begin to point to the return of Lord Voldemort. Before long, Harry is playing not just for the Cup, but for his life.

Cast

Daniel Radcliffe .... Harry Potter

Emma Watson .... Hermione Granger

Rupert Grint .... Ron Weasley

rest of cast listed alphabetically

Afshan Azad .... Padma Patil

Tiana Benjamin .... Angelina Johnson

Predrag Bjelac .... Igor Karkaroff (as Pedja Bjelac)

Shefali Chowdhury .... Parvati Patil

Jarvis Cocker .... Weird Sisters Band Member

Robbie Coltrane .... Rubeus Hagrid

Warwick Davis .... Professor Flitwick

Frances de la Tour .... Madame Maxime

Louis Doyle .... Ernie McMillan

Alfred Enoch .... Dean Thomas

Tom Felton .... Draco Malfoy

Ralph Fiennes .... Lord Voldemort

Michael Gambon .... Albus Dumbledore

Brendan Gleeson .... Mad-Eye Moody

War of The Worlds

June 29th, 2005

waroftheworldsposterbig2.jpg

Synopsis:

A contemporary retelling of H.G. Wells's seminal classic, the sci-fi adventure thriller reveals the extraordinary battle for the future of humankind through the eyes of one American family fighting to survive it.

Cast

Tom Cruise .... Ray Ferrier

Dakota Fanning .... Rachel Ferrier

Tim Robbins .... Ogilvy

Miranda Otto .... Mary Ann Ferrier

David Alan Basche .... Tim

Yul Vazquez .... Julio

Trailers

Batman Begins

June 17, 2005

batmanbeginsposterbig.jpg

Synopsis:

A new restart of the "Batman" franchise under the helm of "Memento" Director Chris Nolan and more in tone with the early "Batman: Year One" style comics. As a boy a young Bruce Wayne watched in horror as his millionaire parents were slain in front of his eyes, a trauma which led him to become obsessed with revenge but his chance is cruelly taken away from him by fate. After disappearing to the East where he seeks counsel with the dangerous but honorable ninja cult leader known as Ra's Al-Ghul, he returns to his now decaying Gotham City overrun by organised crime and dangerous individuals manipulating the system whilst the company he inherited is slowly being pulled out from under him. The discovery of a cave under his mansion, and a prototype armoured suit leads him to take on a new persona, one which will strike fear into the hearts of men who do wrong - he becomes, Batman.

Cast

Christian Bale .... Bruce Wayne/Batman

Michael Caine .... Alfred Pennyworth

Liam Neeson .... Henri Ducard

Morgan Freeman .... Lucius Fox

Gary Oldman .... Lt. James Gordon

Ken Watanabe .... Ra's Al Ghul

Katie Holmes .... Rachel Dodson

Cillian Murphy .... Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow

Tom Wilkinson .... Carmine Falcone

Rutger Hauer .... Richard Earle

Sara Stewart .... Martha Wayne

Richard Brake .... Joe Chill

Gus Lewis .... Young Bruce Wayne

Trailer

King Kong

December 14th, 2005

kong.jpg

Synopsis:

Set in the 1930s, this is the story of a group of explorers and documentary filmmakers (led by Black) who travel to the mysterious Skull Island (near Sumatra) to investigate legends of a giant gorilla named Kong. Once there, they discover that King Kong is a real creature, living in a massive jungle where creatures from prehistoric times have been protected and hidden for millions of years. As the explorers search for the great ape, their quest puts them up against both Kong and his dinosaur enemies. Ultimately, it is the attention of a beautiful human woman (Watts) that soothes Kong long enough for him to be subdued by the explorers and shipped back to New York, where his bleak future involves being put on display in front of humans... but how long can even the mightiest shackles of man hold back an ape 25 feet tall?

Cast:

Naomi Watts .... Ann Darrow

Jack Black .... Carl Denham

Adrien Brody .... Jack Driscoll

Andy Serkis .... King Kong/Lumpy the Cook

Jamie Bell .... Jimmy

Kyle Chandler .... Bruce Baxter

Lobo Chan .... Choy

Thomas Kretschmann .... Captain Englehorn

Evan Parke .... Hayes

Colin Hanks .... Preston

John Sumner .... Herb

Chronicals Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Decemeber 2005

narnia.jpg

Synopsis:

Based on the classic novel by CS Lewis. Four London children are sent to a professors country home in order for protection during World War II. There they find a magic wardrobe which leads to a mystical land called Narnia, which is being ruled by an evil witch. To defeat the Witch, they must join forces with Aslan, the lion God of Narnia, and the great battle between good and evil.

Cast

Georgie Henley .... Lucy Pevensie

William Moseley .... Peter Pevensie

Skandar Keynes .... Edmund Pevensie

Anna Popplewell .... Susan Pevensie

Tilda Swinton .... Jadis The White Witch

Rupert Everett .... Fox (voice)

Dawn French .... Mrs. Beaver (voice)

James McAvoy .... Mr. Tumnus

Shane Rangi .... General Otman

Patrick Kake .... Oreius

Elizabeth Hawthorne .... Mrs. Macready

Kiran Shah .... Ginarrbrik

James Cosmo .... Father Christmas

Judy McIntosh .... Mrs. Pevensie

Featurette

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Bumped up to April 29th (Head start before Star Wars comes out)

thehitchhikersguidetothegalaxy_bigteaser.jpg

Synopsis:

Mere seconds before the Earth is to be demolished by an alien construction crew, journeyman Arthur Dent is swept off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher penning a new edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Cast:

Martin Freeman .... Arthur Dent

Mos Def .... Ford Prefect

Sam Rockwell .... Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zooey Deschanel .... Tricia McMillan ("Trillian")

Bill Nighy .... Slartibartfast

Warwick Davis .... Marvin the Paranoid Android

Stephen Fry .... The Book (voice)

Teaser

Sin City

April 1st, 2005

sincity.jpg

Synopsis

Sin City is a violent city where the police department is as corrupt as the streets are deadly. In this movie, we follow three stories, the central of which is Marv, a tough-as-nails and nearly impossible to kill street fighter who goes on a rampage of vengeance when a beautiful woman, Goldie (King), he sleeps with for only one night is killed while lying in bed with him.

Cast:

Jessica Alba .... Nancy Callahan

Rosario Dawson .... Gail

Elijah Wood .... Kevin

Bruce Willis .... John Hartigan

Benicio Del Toro .... Jack Rafferty

Michael Clarke Duncan .... Manute

Carla Gugino .... Lucille

Josh Hartnett .... The Salesman

Michael Madsen .... Bob

Jaime King .... Goldie/Wendy

Brittany Murphy .... Shellie

Clive Owen .... Dwight

Mickey Rourke .... Marv

Nick Stahl .... Junior/Yellow Bastard

Marley Shelton .... The Customer

Trailer

Serenity

September 30th, 2005

adam_baldwin2.jpg

Synopsis:

Captain Malcolm Reynolds, a hardened veteran on the losing side of a galactic civil war, now ekes out a living pulling off small crimes and transport-for-hire aboard his ship, Serenity. He leads a small, eclectic crew who are the closest thing he has left to family - squabbling, insubordinate and undyingly loyal. When Mal takes on two new passengers - a young doctor and his unstable, telepathic sister - he gets much more than he bargained for. The pair are fugitives from the coalition dominating the universe, who will stop at nothing to reclaim the girl. The crew that was once used to skimming the outskirts of the galaxy unnoticed find themselves caught between the unstoppable military force of the Universal Alliance and the horrific, cannibalistic fury of the Reavers, savages who roam the very edge of space. Hunted by vastly different enemies, they begin to discover that the greatest danger to them may be on board Serenity herself. This is the feature film version of the late, lamented sci-fi cult TV series "Firefly."

Cast:

Nathan Fillion .... Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Gina Torres .... Zoë Warren

Alan Tudyk .... Hoban 'Wash' Washburn

Morena Baccarin .... Inara Serra

Adam Baldwin .... Jayne Cobb

Jewel Staite .... Kaylee Frye

Sean Maher .... Dr. Simon Tam

Summer Glau .... River Tam

Ron Glass .... Shepard Meria Book

Chiwetel Ejiofor .... The Operative

Kingdom Of Heaven

May 6th, 2005

Synopsis

KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is an epic adventure about a common man who finds himself thrust into a decades-long war. A stranger in a strange land, he serves a doomed king, falls in love with an exotic and forbidden queen, and rises to knighthood. Ultimately, he must protect the people of Jerusalem from overwhelming forces while striving to keep a fragile peace.

Cast:

Orlando Bloom .... Balian of Ibelin

Eva Green .... Sybilla

Liam Neeson .... Godfrey of Ibelin

Jeremy Irons .... Tiberias

Trailer

Credit goes to yahoo movies, IDMB, Box Office Mojo, and the official sites of the films!

What an awseome year this is going to be!! I'm sorry that there is no "other " category but you are free to post your own film if its not up there.

Anyway here are my top 5:

1.) Star Wars Episode III

2.) Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire

3.) War of The Worlds

4.) Batman Begins

5.) Kingdom Of Heaven

My top 3 would be:

1. Sin City (mainly cause of the kickass trailer + cast, haven't read/seen the 'comic'.)

2. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith (I used to be a huge Star Wars fan when I was younger, not to that extent now though)

3. King Kong (It's got Adrien Brody, Jack Black and Andy Serkis, with peter Jackson directing. Should be great)

Guest UmpireAJS

Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy, loved everything of the Franchise so far, and I am eager to see whether the movie can do the same wonder for me.

I've lost much interest on Batman,Star Wars or Harry Potter in the recent years,if this was 2002-03,I would have went for one of them.

1)Batman Begins

Bale, Oldman, Caine, Freeman, Neeson...SOLID cast right there. I was a huge fan of the fist two Batmen, but the last bunch left quite a sour taste in my mouth. I'm also a huge fan of Christopher Nolan's directing, so this movie really has a bunch of elements working towards making it awesome. Hopefully, it lives up to that.

2)Kingdom of Heaven

Gladiator is one of my favourite movies, and Ridley Scott seems to know his historical epics, which I love. I also can't think of the last movie to come out set during the Crusades. I'm very excited about this movie, as it makes me think of braveheart, Gladiator (obviously), and The Messenger. Hoefully, it leans more towards those titles than, say, King Arthur or Troy, two movies that I wasn't too big a fan of.

3)Sin City

Again, an awesome cast and solid director. I've never read the graphic novel, but I really like the look and feel of both it and the movie.

Honorable mentions go to Chronicles of Narnia, just because I watched the British made-for-TV version when I was younger, and love that, War of the Worlds, just because it should be a solid Spielburg movie, especially with Fanning and Cruise, and Star Wars, just based solely on my like of the original trilogy.

I've never been much of a fan of the Harry Potter movies, but would see this one if it has Kenneth Branagh or Gary Oldman back.

I will probably see King Kong based just on everyone who is involved with it (was always more of a Godzilla man, myself...), and I don't have any opinion on Hitchhiker's guide, just beacuse I never read the book, and seriously don't even have the faintest idea what it is about (though I've pieced together the fact that there is a funny looking robot thing in it).

Batman and Star Wars are the two main ones, but I'll probably see some of the other ones. Hitchhiker should be good, if it's anything like the book.

Synopsis:

Mere seconds before the Earth is to be demolished by an alien construction crew, journeyman Arthur Dent is swept off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher penning a new edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Doesn't that make it a sequel to the book? I don't know the book, by the way, but the synopsis makes it sound like that.

I'm looking forward to every one of them, but I suppose none more than The Goblet of Fire. These films are a major step forward in adventure cinema, and since I consider GOF the best book in the series thus far, I look forward to seeing what Mike Newell does with it.