World of Warcraft

Miami Vice

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be getting World of Warcraft later today, but I may not actually start playing until tomorrow or Monday.

Any recommendation for which server I should play on? I'm not interested in a PvP or RP server. (May start another character on an RP server once I get the hang of the game)

As nerdy as this sounds, I'm really looking forward to Dungeons and Dragons Online. Looks like a game that'll take the best features from WoW and add onto it.

My Shadow Priest could heal just fine - but I was far from conventional. Wasn't really built for PvP

As nerdy as this sounds, I'm really looking forward to Dungeons and Dragons Online. Looks like a game that'll take the best features from WoW and add onto it.

My Shadow Priest could heal just fine - but I was far from conventional. Wasn't really built for PvP

Shadow Preists are built for PvE whil Holy Presit is built for both PvP and Grouping. No one likes Shadow Preists, lol.

I got the game and was actually able to start playing Saturday afternoon.

Currently, I'm running a NE Hunter named Oakenthorn on the Whisperwind server. He's lvl 8 atm, and I'm running around skinning any creatures that I can kill that can be skinned. I took skinning and leatherworking, and made myself some armor, but now I'm collecting\making Light Leather to go sell in Ironforge. (I've already been to Ironforge once, and have the flight path activated. Only died about 3 times running there after taking the boatrides to the Wetlands)

By Dambalah, do shamans own or what? :D I've done a few battleground runs in the last few days, and even though I'm not much of an experienced PvP player, the sheer versatility of a shaman makes it ideal to kill pretty much any other class. So far, it's the perfect anti-caster with doublehander weapons and mail armor with interrupt instants like Earth Shock and Purge, and can hang around with warriors and other melee-oriented classes mainly thanks to the totems and the buffs.

So far, pretty much the only class I've had actual trouble beating is paladins, especially if they know how to play. I had the pleasure of fighting a paladin of my level the other day in Warsong Gulch, and since we were the highest-leveled players in the battle, we pretty much fought each other constantly, with him beating my ass about 70% of the time. Symbol Of Justice or something like that was murder.

Now, rogues, they're tricky, but with a shaman, it's about 50/50 chance against any rogues. If I can negate the first strike from them, it's pretty much over as totems won't allow them to restealth while they lose in melee to a mass spam of different Shocks and buffed-up twohander beating. Also, with Frost Shocks and Earthbind Totems they can't even Sprint away to restealth/bandage, allowing a shaman to keep the beating up until they're as dead as a doornail.

Anyone else share my love for the shamans? ^_^

• 1 month later...

Bumpin' this sexy ol' thang because of the new expansion coming out, and me wanting WoW-based discussion. Right now i'm playing a female troll warrior, level 33, on Maelstrom. What about you fellas?

Who is getting the expansion? I'mma fucking despise Blood Elves within a week of it coming out.

I probably won't buy the expansion. I probably won't even keep playing after my account is up for renewal in February.

Blood Elves, for the Horde? Fuck you, Blizzard. Bah.

And they STILL haven't fixed shamans yet. I guess that'll be a "feature" of the expansion too. "We finally got around to fixing shamans, go us! You HAVE to buy it now. Even though the new Alliance race is probably going to be Panderans, because that would make SO MUCH SENSE!"

Gaaah.

Plus, like you said, the first few weeks there are going to be so fucking many Blood Elves and Jewelcrafters that I'm going to get sick of them. Perhaps even more sick of them than I am of shamans in the battlegrounds. Shamans in general.

Edited by TheReilDeal

I was under the impression that the expansion will be just one giant patch which we can download for free.

I don't understand how Blizzard can force us to buy the expansion since all servers will be upgraded to it.

As for in game, I'm playing a lvl 35 Tauren Warrior right now. I'm running SM like a mother so I can get my mount. I have the mount money and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

I was under the impression that the expansion will be just one giant patch which we can download for free.

I don't understand how Blizzard can force us to buy the expansion since all servers will be upgraded to it.

As for in game, I'm playing a lvl 35 Tauren Warrior right now. I'm running SM like a mother so I can get my mount. I have the mount money and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

• 15 years later...