Best British Rock Album EVER!

Guest Wrestling_Man

Guest Wrestling_Man

OK, I found this on my rock website, it's surprising.

Ozzy Osbourne's former band Black Sabbath's eponymous 1970 album has been named the Best British Rock Album of all time.

Iron Maiden ranked second in the list compiled by British magazine Kerrang! with their 1982 album 'Number of the Beast.'

The notorious Sex Pistols came in third place with their era-defining 1977 disc 'Nevermind The B**locks.'

The Top Ten British Rock Albums are:

1. Black Sabbath - 'Black Sabbath'

2. Iron Maiden - 'Number of the Beast'

3. Sex Pistols - 'Never Mind The B**locks'

4. Led Zeppelin - 'IV'

5. Black Sabbath - 'Paranoid'

6. Muse - 'Absolution'

7. The Clash - 'London Calling'

8. Queen - 'Sheer Heart Attack'

9. Iron Maiden - 'Iron Maiden'

10. Manic Street Preachers - 'The Holy Bible'

Oh, good. Muse continues to be nauseatingly overrated.

Muse above The Clash and Queen is the equivolent of a "Top Ten Rap Albums of All Time" list featuring The Game above Public Enemy and N.W.A.

Whether you like them or not, there are no other rock bands at the moment anywhere near as good as Muse in the UK.

And at least they are better than Lostprophets....

I find it funny, as Muse have been hated on for years, and the one year where people go "wait a second, they are actually good", people go "pffff...look, they are so over-rated, it's sickening". Well, guess it makes up for the years of toil and general commercial indifference (considering they had 3 good albums before "Absolution")

i love the clash so me expecting London Calling to be a lot above in that list may be bias, even because most people may prefer other styles of music, but in no way in hell is Sex Pistols's Nevermind the Bollocks, Here's the... album better than The Clash's one. It could be in the top 10, but never above London Calling.

I don't get how Absolution got so high either...

Guest Booker T & The MG's

When you have a poll in a magazine like Kerrang you expect one or two current bands mixed in with the greats. If you look at /forum/index.php?showtopic=17214">rvdwannabes list of bands some people have'nt heard of The Smiths, but they listen more to current bands. Muse may be the first port of call for many of Kerrang's readers but eventually, they will trace Muse's influences to there roots through The Smashing Pumpkins etc to Black Sabbath.

Im not a Muse fan but for a current British Rock band Muse are'nt a bad call as the best, they're festival performances last year were execllent and compare to acts like The Darkness (Whose performance last year a T In The Park was woeful beyone belief) and Lostprophets who are on a similar level, Muse are a good shout as the best.

1 Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

2 Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

3 Sex Pistols - Nevermind the B*****ks

4 Led Zeppelin - IV

5 Black Sabbath - Paranoid

6 Muse - Absolution

7 The Clash - London Calling

8 Queen - Sheer Heart Attack

9 Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden

10 Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

11 Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

12 Judas Priest - British Steel

13 Def Leppard - Hysteria

14 Black Sabbath - Volume 4

15 The Darkness - Permission to Land

16 Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz

17 The Wildhearts - Earth vs The Wildhearts

18 Lostprophets - Start Something

19 Queen - A Night at the Opera

20 Muse - Origin of Symmetry

21 Ash - Free All Angels

22 Motorhead - Ace of Spades

23 Stereophonics - Performance and Cocktails

24 Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go

25 Feeder - Echo Park.

Tried to find a link for the 100, found the Top 25. Quite a few recent bands getting in there, Muse, Manics, Ash, Phonics, Feeder.

Edited by King Ellis

I'm also pleasantly surprised with that list. My list would probably be alot different, but I'm glad to see Black Sabbath, The Sex Pistols, and the Clash all in the top ten. I'd like to have seen Motorhead a bit higher on the list, and possibly a spot for the Clash's self titled. I honestly prefer their first album to London Calling, and would have put it ahead of London Calling. I know alot may disagree with that as London Calling is held in high regard by many.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I'm also pleasantly surprised with that list. My list would probably be alot different, but I'm glad to see Black Sabbath, The Sex Pistols, and the Clash all in the top ten. I'd like to have seen Motorhead a bit higher on the list, and possibly a spot a for the Clash's self titled. I honestly prefer their first album to London Calling, and would have put it ahead of London Calling. I know alot may disagree with that as London Calling is held in high regard by many.

I was about to die of embarrassment on behalf of Kerrang until I saw Ellis's post.

It's STILL fucking diabolical that Priest are only #12 when Muse and THE MANIC STREET FUCKING PREACHERS are in the top ten.

I also love how the WORST Prophets album is in the top 25. The one almost bearable album they ever put out (The Fake Sound of Progress) is nowhere near the list, Ash beat out Motorhead, and the last three on the list are fucking...eww.

I hate lists.

The top five, I'd agree with. Swap Muse with Priest and move the Darkness up above the Manics and that's almost a credible top ten... then it goes to shit. The fucking Wildhearts? STEREOPHONICS? I'm going to shut up now.

Edited by TheReilDeal

I was about to die of embarrassment on behalf of Kerrang until I saw Ellis's post.

It's STILL fucking diabolical that Priest are only #12 when Muse and  THE MANIC STREET FUCKING PREACHERS are in the top ten.

I also love how the WORST Prophets album is in the top 25. The one good album they ever put out (The Fake Sound of Progress) is nowhere near the list, Ash beat out Motorhead, and the last three on the list are fucking...eww.

I hate lists.

The top five, I'd agree with. Swap Muse with Priest and move the Darkness up above the Manics and that's almost a credible top ten... then it goes to shit. The fucking Wildhearts? STEREOPHONICS? I'm going to shut up now.