2005 MLB Thread

Cole

Anyone else hear that Hamid Karzai (president of Afghanistan) wanted to throw out the first pitch at a game Sunday? Where? Fenway of course...

Red Sox management declined, claiming security and logistical nightmares.

Still, it's cool that the Red Sox Nation is spreading through central Asia. There's apparently Red Sox hotbeds in nearby countries like Uzbekistan.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dae-Sung Koo's your daddy!

Comes in, picks off A-Rod in a 2-0 game with the tying run at bat.

Promptly K's the next 2 Yankees to end the inning.

Then steps into the left handed batter's box and SMOKES a 400 foot double to center off of Randy Johnson of all people . . .

. . . and scores from SECOND on a sac bunt by Reyes.

That 10 minute stretch or so is likely the best he'll ever see as a pro :D

Again screwed by FOX, I wanted to see the subway series, but instead I get Houston vs. Texas and the Rangers win 18-3

Texas HR's: D. Dellucci 2 (8), R. Hidalgo (6), R. Barajas (3), M. Teixeira (9), H. Blalock (7), K. Mench (7), L. Nix (3)

An absolute spanking

In all honesty..I wish I would have gotten that game JOD...since I'm a Stro's mark even though they = suckage this year.

Meh, I went out during the Yankees/Mets game..I wish I would have seen that thing Nawif was talking bout though.

I saw while watching the Braves game that C.C. Sabathia (SP?) hit a homer today!

Just felt like saying that :P

Yeah I was watching the Indians game since I live here and he just got a good pitch and blasted it to center field. Now if some other the team could start hitting like that. A useless fact to go with this, there have been 7 homers by AL picthers during interleague play now four of which have been by the Indians(Dwight Gooden, Dave Burba, Jason Davis, and C.C.) It is just werid.

Edited by Green Demon

Damn, can't believe I missed the Mets/ Yanks because of work. The fact that it was against RJ makes it 100% times better. Now if Pedro does his thing tomorrow.....it's gonna make one hell of a week here in the NY area.

Edited by sahyder1

I went to the Rangers game yesterday. It was probably the most boring game I've been to in my life. I'm a mark for both the Rangers and the Astros so I was changing hats and signs in between each inning.

Pedro looked great tonight......he pitched 8 solid innings and has yet another double digit strikeout game. I believe he allowed no walks either. Mets win 1-0 over Florida by the way.

Boston dissapoints me. Up 3-1 they get 2 men thrown out at home in the same half inning......and then allow 5 in the bottom half of the same inning.

Of the two former young Marlins SP, it's looking more and more like the Red Sox ended up signing the right one. Pavano has been a lot worse then what his ERA suggests. Opponents are hitting .300 off the man.....terrible for a guy who was supposed to be the cream of the crop. Red Sox knocked him around today. 5-0 in the early going.

Edit: 12-0......17 hits for the Red Sox.

Edited by sahyder1

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former major league pitcher Rick Helling of the Nashville Sounds is expected to start next week as scheduled, five days after he was impaled in his non-throwing arm by a piece of broken bat.

Helling

Helling, who pitched in the majors for 10 seasons, will start Wednesday against Albuquerque, Sounds spokesman Doug Scopel said Saturday.

Helling was facing New Orleans' Craig Kuzmic in the seventh inning Friday when the bat shattered and a 3-inch piece of wood struck his left forearm, according to Scopel.

Scopel said Helling was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released.

"There was no internal damage," Scopel said. "They stitched him up and released him and he's on target for his next start."

Helling ended up with the victory in the 13-3 win by the Sounds, the Milwaukee Brewers' Triple-A affiliate.

Helling was 90-78 with a 4.77 ERA in 225 starts with Texas, Florida, Arizona and Baltimore. Helling has not pitched in the major leagues since 2003.

Of the two former young Marlins SP, it's looking more and more like the Red Sox ended up signing the right one. Pavano has been a lot worse then what his ERA suggests. Opponents are hitting .300 off the man.....terrible for a guy who was supposed to be the cream of the crop. Red Sox knocked him around today. 5-0 in the early going.

Edit: 12-0......17 hits for the Red Sox.

Edited by reyrey619