2005 MLB Thread

Cole

I'm talking about this Wang fellow getting signed to a massive contract so he won't leave the Yankees via free agency, and then having a few god-awful seasons, making him impossible to trade, sticking Steinbrenner with paying his salary.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The YES Network is terrible other then Mike and the Maddog (which is technically not a YES program). How's that?

Are you telling me you don't enjoy learning how much a 1950 Yankees undergarment would fetch today? Shame on you.

Edited by sahyder1

At least try and be a little bit creative during your Yank-bashing

The YES Network is terrible other then Mike and the Maddog (which is technically not a YES program). How's that?

Fully agree with that, YES programming is trash. I don't consider Mike and Maddog to be a YES program, since it's WFAN's show and just televised for YES.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Speaking of terrible YES Network shows....has anyone caught the Reality series they're running this year following those fans around for all 162 games? Is it any good? Considering it's a YES product I'd guess the answer would be no.....but thought I'd ask anyways.

On a related not....it's amazing how an organization that rich.....can have that bad of a bunch for Yankee games. The pre/post games are terrible. Hickman was terrible last year....I don't know how he ended up on ESPN. I don't like Lorenz much. Kaat and Murcer are ok in my books during the game. Kay is iffy most of the time....and I pretty much hate the rest of the bunch they throw around.

Yeah, I meant to add Paul O'Neil to my list. He is pretty solid. I've always hated the Yanks but Tino and O'Neil I always rooted for. The ground rule double call "off the wall" is hillarious. That's the only thing Yankee Radio broadcasts are good for. Entertainment on Mike and Dog the next day. The one where he swore was a HR was hillarious. I don't know how many pitches he must've missed because he kept insisting it was a HR. Suzy didn't wanna make him look bad and kept agreeing with him. The one from last year was good too....."That ball is hit HARD!.....it's FAR!.....It is GONE!...............foulball". I hate how all the Yankee players in Sterling's eyes need to have nicknames rhyming with Bambino. Giambino, Bamtino, etc and he please get off the "It's an A-BOMB!...... from A-ROD"

The Boston/New York Poker challenge is the only thing I haven't changed in less than 5 minutes on a regular basis though, aside from Mike and the Mad Dog of course.

If you have it, the BOS-NY Poker Challenge also on NESN. NESN doesn't have a whole lot of good original programming of it's own, but there's better stuff on it than YES.

Baseball Tonight just claimed that the Yanks have made significant changes. . .

Matsui from LF to CF

Womack from 2B to LF

Robinson Kano (?) from minors to 2B

Karsay designated to the minors

Bernie Williams to the bench!

Lastly, Randy Johnson will miss his next start due to a groin injury

:o

Jays win in dramatic fashion. Too bad an awesome Chacin start goes to waste as the boys wait till the twelfth to wake up.

Edited by Jar Jar Beatnik

Only 290 days until pitchers and catchers report...

Don't worry......Yankee fans will be joining you guys in that group very soon. Cano was like the last decent position player left in the Yankee system. I wanna see how long Womack lasts in CF. I'd expect Sierra to play there once he gets back. Henn pitching tomorrow.....that should be an interesting sight. This team is a $200 million piece of trash right now. They scare absolutely no one right now. They're obviously playing Cano in hopes of shipping him someplace for a pitcher.

Don't worry......Yankee fans will be joining you guys in that group very soon. Cano was like the last decent position player left in the Yankee system. I wanna see how long Womack lasts in CF. I'd expect Sierra to play there once he gets back. Henn pitching tomorrow.....that should be an interesting sight. This team is a $200 million piece of trash right now. They scare absolutely no one right now. They're obviously playing Cano in hopes of shipping him someplace for a pitcher.

Is Womack even a good defensive LF? I'd think not. Why move Matsui when he is decent defensively in LF.

Is Womack even a good defensive LF? I'd think not. Why move Matsui when he is decent defensively in LF.