2005 MLB Thread

Cole

Yeah, the Yanks definitely have major issues. Tino's looked terrible. Giambi can't field. Bernie is pretty much done. A-Rod can't handle a major situation against the Red Sox. The bullpen's been terrible. The SP is overrated.

You couldn't be anymore dead on there. The Yankees are really beginning to look their age.

Back to Heilman for a second though. Something tells me that he knew this was basically his last chance to get it right. Hopefully Rick Peterson isn't done with him yet, and he keeps improving.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But with that said, sure Randy Johnsonn is 'old', and somewhat fragile. But he is still effective and consistent. Part of his mediocre numbers for last year is because he played on a team that gave him no support, and had to work twice as hard. On a team (when once they get going) now who gives offensive support, Johnson won't have to work longer outings,

But with that said, sure Randy Johnsonn is 'old', and somewhat fragile. But he is still effective and consistent. Part of his mediocre numbers for last year is because he played on a team that gave him no support, and had to work twice as hard. On a team (when once they get going) now who gives offensive support, Johnson won't have to work longer outings,

RJ will not have his outings cut short. He's got too much pride for that. RJ wants to go the distance every single time.....the problem is you can't do that in the AL. The Red Sox showed that they have absolutely no fear of him. He's definitely hasn't looked as the same RJ to me as he did even last year. That's not necessarily his fault....he is 41 years old but the lesser hitters on the Red Sox managed to knock him around pretty good.

Tanyon Sturtze, also another very strong young picture who improved AMAZINGLY into this year.

Gustavo Chacin is the fucking man. It's kind of a shame that Chacin shuts the Rangers down and the offense puts of 8 runs, but Lilly struggles a bit, gives up 3, and the Jays can only put 2 runs up. Anyway, Vernon Wells is crapping it up this year, he best pull out of it soon.

Tanyon Sturtze, also another very strong young picture who improved AMAZINGLY into this year. Workingn with (I forgot who he's working with...Johnson?) on his mechanics has done so well for him, as was shown by several of his outings this year. Mid-season, last year, putting him in meant dingers and a lost lead. Now he's actually effective, and is only showing signs of improvement.

I just have to do this.... but... It's sad when you're saying that because

A. Sturtze is likely younger than half of the Yankees roster.

B.

Tanyon Sturtze  #56  |  Relief Pitcher/Starting Pitcher  |  New York Yankees

Height: 6-5      Weight: 225

Bats: R      Throws: R

Born: Oct 12, 1970 - Worcester, MA

Yes, it's nice that he's finally getting something good in his career. I partly say this because he, like me, was born in Worcester and is the only notable major leaguer from Central Mass. I also say this because his years in Tampa and Toronto were awful and he's long overdue for doing well. Figures he goes to the Yankees to get somewhere with his career, since he's from 40 miles outside Boston and since the Yanks is one of the toughest sports teams to play for.

Guest Bluesman

Why did you guys get rid of Beltre and sign Drew? Was it because you guys were getting rid of Green and were going to be lacking an overpaid and underachieving left handed "power hitter"?

I have a theory that the Twins are so arrogant, so good, that they are purposely giving other teams the lead early in the game. The only way to really feel "good" about a victory is if they spot the other team an early lead. Maybe they'll stop doing this with Morneau on the DL, which worries me a big with the concussions and his past...

Jays lose 6-5 today, but plenty of good came out of it. For the first time we really saw the bullpen excel; after Josh Towers surrendered 6 runs in two innings, the bullpen shut the Rangers down for 6 innings. The offense didn't give up either; down 6-0 after 2, they rallied slowly and twice were within a base hit of tieing it up. The series splits at 2 apiece, and so far the Jays have won or split every series. Let's just hope the momentum carries into the Red Sox series.

The Indians were able to beat the Twins today since the Twins loaded the bases up and then hit a batter. It was a good day for the Tribe since C.C. came back and only let in 1 run for the day. I am also suprised at how well the Indians bullpen is pitching so far other then the slipup of Wickmen in the secound game, damage has been minimal when they have gone into the game. Most of the runs have been scored against the starters

There's no way a real diehard fan can like his team's archrival. It's one thing to root for say the Mets and an American League team like the Angels or Blue Jays, but a real Mets fan cannot want the Yankees to succeed and vice versa. Same goes for the Cards/Cubs, Dodgers/Giants & BoSox/Yanks rivalries (who sahyder gaffed on as he listed Mets/Yanks twice). As a fan you're supposed to hate that other squad not think they're just as fun to root for as your own.