2005 MLB Thread

Cole

Guest Bluesman

Unfortunately Perez got smacked around a bit after a good first innings. He's great fun to watch. Sheets was good. My beloved Bucs got done 9 to 2 or something.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Brady_3for3

Dmitri Young is on pace to hit 486 Home Runs and have 810 RBI.  He is your better, bow dwon before the 2005 World Series Champions Detroit Tigers.  DY for POPE!!!!

I know it's been said before but you sir, are a moron.

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

haha Lowerdeck!! Go Yankees 2 and 0. The real world champs are playing like it, Jeter with a beautiful homerun over right. I can't wait for tommorrow, we get to knock around Wakefield.

Guest Locutus of Borg

I hated seeing Smoltz get knocked around. But today's only game one and tomorrow's another day. He'll pull it together, I have faith. The question is, can his shoulder last him? The announcers during today's game said Hudson's getting the start tomorrow, even though Hampton's listed on ESPN.com as the starter (game's at 7 on ESPN2).

As for the Sox... where is our offense? I know it's early, but the only players really getting hits so far are Tek and Mueller (batting .500 and .429, respectively), and Ortiz and Bellhorn are the only other two batting over .300 (.375 each). Tek and Ortiz, however, have been most effective. Damon had a decent outing today, though, batting 2-for-5 with an RBI. Hell, we've got three players who are batting ofer so far through the season (Nixon, Ramirez, and Renteria).

I hated seeing Smoltz get knocked around. But today's only game one and tomorrow's another day. He'll pull it together, I have faith. The question is, can his shoulder last him? The announcers during today's game said Hudson's getting the start tomorrow, even though Hampton's listed on ESPN.com as the starter (game's at 7 on ESPN2).

As for the Sox... where is our offense? I know it's early, but the only players really getting hits so far are Tek and Mueller (batting .500 and .429, respectively), and Ortiz and Bellhorn are the only other two batting over .300 (.375 each). Tek and Ortiz, however, have been most effective. Damon had a decent outing today, though, batting 2-for-5 with an RBI. Hell, we've got three players who are batting ofer so far through the season (Nixon, Ramirez, and Renteria).

Guest Bluesman

haha Lowerdeck!! Go Yankees 2 and 0. The real world champs are playing like it, Jeter with a beautiful homerun over right. I can't wait for tommorrow, we get to knock around Wakefield.

Watched Atlanta/Flordia and Toronto/Tampa today...

I've watched 4 games this year...3 have been blow outs :(

I'm thinking about getting that MLB.com thing where you can watch all the games on your computer...anyone here have it?

Guest Bluesman

Wow, rough start for the Twins. Already down 4-0 in the first with Santana on the mound. Had a Mariner caught in a rundown and Morneau bounced the ball in the dirt allowing him to be safe. Thankfully the Shield is on...

There's still 160 games left, so it's a long way to go. I'm sure Boston will win about 90 this year, make a run for the Wild Card.

It just sucks watching the Sox lose to the Yankees, my main reason you just proved. Boston fans are happy when the team wins, New York fans just love to rub it in on Boston fans.

Guest Locutus of Borg

you're worried about guys hitting under .300 after two games? Batting averages are meaningless pretty much all of April. The Sox will be just fine. There's no need to worry about the offense. What both the Yanks and Sox need to worry about is pitching as Pavano, Wright, Clement and Miller all have a lot to prove this year.

Edited by Locutus of Borg

Rivera blew his second straight save today and the Sox win 7-3 with a 5 run 9th inning. Thank A-rod with his big error that loaded the bases and scored a run. Glad to see Renteria redeem himself(2 RBI single in the 9th) for that horrible error yesterday that was the main reason the Yankees won IMO. BTW. I'm getting the MLB sports package where I get most of the other games. Thats awesome I think.

Since I refuse to listen to baseball games basically every night (I'm a Mets fan who can't watch Mets game thanks to the dickheads at Cablevision & Time Warner) I'm forced to pay more attention to the Yanks and I have to say seeing Rivera crash and burn two games in a row was great stuff. Here's to hoping you keep me entertained by blowing even more saves throughout the year Mariano :thumbsup:

Since I refuse to listen to baseball games basically every night (I'm a Mets fan who can't watch Mets game thanks to the dickheads at Cablevision & Time Warner) I'm forced to pay more attention to the Yanks and I have to say seeing Rivera crash and burn two games in a row was great stuff. Here's to hoping you keep me entertained by blowing even more saves throughout the year Mariano :thumbsup:

Wow.

He's Mariano freakin' Rivera.

The cutter Varitek hit was a fluke home run.

Today, he just sucked, I'll admit. But wow. I hate the Yankee fans (and nonfans) who think the Yankees should be concerned because Rivera wasn't superman as usual. Once I hear from Rivera that he's worried, I'll be worried. As a closer, his confidence is very important.

Naiwf, you listen to Mike and the Maddog? Tomorrow's show should be hillarious with its negativity towards the Yankees and the Mets. How sweet it is to see an end to calls from Yankee fans who were destroying the Mets after the first game. Yeah the Red Sox are 1-2....but frankly they came out on top in this series. The Yankees and their fans now have to be worried. This is a closer who struggles against both the Red Sox and the Angels. He is 35 years old....and basically controls the destiny of this team every year. Does anyone know before today when was the last time he had to be pulled in the middle of an inning he started?

.....and oh yeah, it's time to Exit Sandman