2005 MLB Thread

Cole

Guest Brady_3for3

I don't get why people keep on shitting on Pedro, like he's completely ineffectual as a pitcher. sure a 16-9 3.90 ERA isn't exactly Cy Young material, his ERA was still almost a full ERA point under the AL League ERA (4.87). I stilly say he's a quality starter.

That much money for a quality starter, huh?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get why people keep on shitting on Pedro, like he's completely ineffectual as a pitcher. sure a 16-9 3.90 ERA isn't exactly Cy Young material, his ERA was still almost a full ERA point under the AL League ERA (4.87). I stilly say he's a quality starter.

That much money for a quality starter, huh?

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing as the umcoming season is just days away and there is no topic about this I decided to start one. Anyways how do you guys think that the divisions are going to shape up this season. I read somewhere that this could be the first season in a while where there is no 100 game winner or loser, so who do you guys think are going to be winners this year and who do you think some of the sleeper teams are? Ill have my predictions up when I take a look at the other divisions more closely.

I'll do a full preview like I did last year some time tomorrow but for now......

AL

EAST- Boston

Central - Twins

West - LAA

Wild Card - Yanks (reluctantly)

NL

East - Mets

Central - Cubs

West - San Diego

Wild Card - Florida

LAA Over Yanks

Red Sox over Twins

Cubs over Marlins

Mets over Padres

LAA over Red Sox

Cubs over Mets

Cubs over LAA

Well the dance starts tonight. I'm going to the Jay's Home Opener on Friday...and I'm just wondering how many games are there tomorrow? I know like most of the teams start on Tuesday...but with the Yanks and Sox going tonight...does anyone go tomorrow?

Guest TheIZZLE

Alex Sanchez has been indetified as the first to test Positive for Steroids today. He claims is a fault in the system, but I think thats a load. Hes been suspended ten days... wonder who will be next...

The funny thing is hes not a power hitter, he was released a few weeks ago by Detroit and recently signed on with Tamp Bay. He hit I believe 4 homeruns last year and hes on steroids... weird if you ask me.

Alex Sanchez has been indetified as the first to test Positive for Steroids today. He claims is a fault in the system, but I think thats a load. Hes been suspended ten days... wonder who will be next...

The funny thing is hes not a power hitter, he was released a few weeks ago by Detroit and recently signed on with Tamp Bay. He hit I believe 4 homeruns last year and hes on steroids... weird if you ask me.

Guest Bluesman

Nice to see ESPN with the long slate of games, however didn't there used to be more? Oh well, I actually have to go to class tomorrow, and the Twins start at 4 when there is (I believe) only one game on ESPN. I kind of wish the Brewers/Pirates was on, as evidently Sheets and Perez are starting. I guess I can understand why ESPN wouldn't carry the game...

Nice to see ESPN with the long slate of games, however didn't there used to be more? Oh well, I actually have to go to class tomorrow, and the Twins start at 4 when there is (I believe) only one game on ESPN. I kind of wish the Brewers/Pirates was on, as evidently Sheets and Perez are starting. I guess I can understand why ESPN wouldn't carry the game...

Edited by sahyder1

Pudge doesn't look skinny, he looks anorexic. I guess Canseco was right about him.

I HATE Time Warner, fucking me over on yet another season of Mets and/or Knicks games. Granted the Knicks suck cock, but I missed two games with the Heat which are always fun, and it doesn't look like I'll get to watch any weekday Mets games until they're out of the playoff chase or next year when the Mets start their own network.