2005 MLB Thread

Cole

I know where he is coming from, but I felt the need to point out we have the right to like more than one team. I am an Atlanta fan, but I do like multiple other teams... Yankees, Boston, Chicgao, St.Louis, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Florida, etc.....

I understand disliking your rival, but it is not mandatory, it is a right to like who we want to.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eh, I saw some Yanks fans at Shea on Friday night. A lot of people were screaming "Yankees suck" though. Some Boston fans and haters too, but whatever.

If you're an idiot, a sheep, the average female, or someone barely into sports - you could get away with liking Mets and Yanks.

Guest Bluesman

Evidently a photographer from FHM magazine was at the Yanks/Sox game a few rows back of the Sheffield incident. Great stuff:

http://www.fhmus.com/magazine/featured/

"People in our section were screaming and busting on Gary about steroids for the entire game. Chanting ‘Balco’ and, ‘Hey, Gary, I got some flaxseed for you.’ I’m sure he was getting pissed.”

I know where he is coming from, but I felt the need to point out we have the right to like more than one team. I am an Atlanta fan, but I do like multiple other teams... Yankees, Boston, Chicgao, St.Louis, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Florida, etc.....

I understand disliking your rival, but it is not mandatory, it is a right to like who we want to.

You can't like rivals. Its not allowed.

Another example would be Dodgers/Angels. While their not exactly 'rivals', as they only play two (I think), series a year, you really can't like both of them.

Actually, the Angels are a big reason I'm an Oakland A's fan (unless they play the Dodgers, LA comes first, always). I hate the Angels, so I became a A's fan, since I dislike the Rangers and Mariners as well.

After "watching" the Mets stroke 7 homers tonight and the Yankees lose to the lowly D-Rays with Randy Johnson on the mound no less, all I can do is steal a phrase from the immortal Christopher 'Mad Dog' Russo. . . "Oh BAY-BEE!". Can't wait for Mike and the Mad Dog tomorrow afternoon.

After "watching" the Mets stroke 7 homers tonight and the Yankees lose to the lowly D-Rays with Randy Johnson on the mound no less, all I can do is steal a phrase from the immortal Christopher 'Mad Dog' Russo. . . "Oh BAY-BEE!". Can't wait for Mike and the Mad Dog tomorrow afternoon.

Oh uh Randy was out for a walk and must not have heard my fax machine :shifty: Seriously guys it was all me. I personally faxed Randy today so I'm sure he will win his next 20 starts. Looks like the Yankees "spark" jumped over to Shea for the night...

Either Miguel Batista loves tense finishes or he has the best fucking luck in baseball history. He put runners on the corners with 2 away defending a one run lead in the bottom of the 9th today, only to get Ramon Vazquez to pop up to Vernon Wells for the save. 4-3 win today; more good stuff from Hinske, Wells and Hillenbrand, and good to see Corey Koskie's bat come alive.

Garciaparra to miss two to three months with torn groin

April 21, 2005

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports     

ST. LOUIS -- Chicago Cubs shortstop Nomar Garciaparra will be sidelined at least two to three months because of a torn left groin.

Garciaparra was placed on the 15-day disabled list Thursday, one day after he got hurt while leaving the batter's box during a game against St. Louis. Cubs trainer Mark O'Neal said the muscle pulled away from the bone.

The Cubs, doctors and Garciaparra will decide in the next 10 days whether an operation is needed.

"The surgery is really going to be determined by is it something that Nomar wants to do," O'Neal said. "We're trying to make a determination of what would be the most predictable outcome."

If Garciaparra opts for surgery, O'Neal said the procedure should be done fairly soon so the muscle heals properly.

The Cubs, who entered Thursday's game against the Cardinals without either of their opening-day middle infielders, recalled Ronny Cedeno from Triple-A Iowa. Cedeno was batting .348 with three home runs and six RBI in 13 games in the minors.

Garciaparra was carried off the field after grounding into a double play and collapsing just in front of the batter's box in the third inning. Garciaparra is hitting just .157 with four RBI.

Cubs second baseman Todd Walker also is out, perhaps until June, with a knee injury sustained April 10. For now, Chicago will have to make do with backups Neifi Perez at shortstop and Jerry Hairston at second base.

Wednesday's game was delayed 1 hour, 22 minutes at the start by rain, but Garciaparra said after the game that it had nothing to do with his injury.

"I'm not going to blame the rain," he said. "The field was in great condition, the grounds crew did a great job, and the field was definitely playable and all of that stuff. I just slipped."

The injury is the latest in a series of setbacks for Garciaparra since he won AL batting titles in 1999 and 2000 with the Boston Red Sox. He was limited to 83 at-bats in 2001 after wrist surgery and he missed more than two months last year with Achilles' tendinitis.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

damn it. This really doesn't help his cause for a longterm contract much either. I really want to see this team do well because I can't stand the Cards. I'm a huge Prior fan so I definitely don't want to see him go down but if Woods does go down......a guy who graduated from my H.S is among the next 1 or 2 starters in line to be called up.