Brian "Head" Welch Leaves Korn.

tristy

Brian called Bakersfield's KRAB radio station and claimed that he has left the band and is starting a solo project.

He has one song out called, 'Cry' which the station played, and he currently has 8 songs done, which will all be on his solo album, released in June.

Brian has supposibly found God. He does not want to be playing dark music anymore, he doesnt want to keep being negative. He has been attending church for the last several weeks.

He was at the Valley Bible Fellowship on Sunday morning at 8:00, 9:45, and 11:45 in the morning to explain his reasons for leaving the band.

There is no anger between band members. The rest of the band understands his departure.

Ok, now if someone had told me that Head would find God I would have told them they are crazy...what the fuck? He would be the last one to find God out of any of the band in my view.

Jesus, thats a bit of a shocker really. I guess Korn will carry on without him and not bother getting another guitarist.

Brian called Bakersfield's KRAB radio station and claimed that he has left the band and is starting a solo project.

He has one song out called, 'Cry' which the station played, and he currently has 8 songs done, which will all be on his solo album, released in June.

Brian has supposibly found God. He does not want to be playing dark music anymore, he doesnt want to keep being negative. He has been attending church for the last several weeks.

He was at the Valley Bible Fellowship on Sunday morning at 8:00, 9:45, and 11:45 in the morning to explain his reasons for leaving the band.

There is no anger between band members. The rest of the band understands his departure.

"Korn has parted ways with guitarist Brian 'Head' Welch, who has chosen Jesus Christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end," a statement from the band reads. "Korn respects Brian's wishes, and hopes he finds the happiness he's searching for."

Typical "rock star" thing to do to garner attention. Didn't Billy Corgan do the same, and get the attention he was seeking for like...a day?

Seriously though, artists usually "find God" when there's nothing left for them or when they're washed up/fading from the limelight.

Typical "rock star" thing to do to garner attention. Didn't Billy Corgan do the same, and get the attention he was seeking for like...a day?

Seriously though, artists usually "find God" when there's nothing left for them or when they're washed up/fading from the limelight.

I say fuck your cynical nonsense.

You call it cynicism, I call it "the truth". Probably a good 90% of the time that an artist "finds God" their career is faultering and they're simply looking for attention, for another 15 seconds in the limelight.

Edited by Cloudy

You call it cynicism, I call it "the truth". Probably a good 90% of the time that an artist "finds God" their career is faultering and they're simply looking for attention, for another 15 seconds in the limelight.

Hmm people finding God when all else has faded from their lives? You know that doesn't sound so much like a last ditch effort to get the spotlight, as it sounds reasonable. Imagine you loose everything you have in your life. My guess is you search for a crutch to get you through the pain and help you rebuild.

For some people religion is that crutch. I say we all just sit back respect each others superstitions and let celebrities be.

I say fuck your cynical nonsense.

It's not "the truth" if you don't have a shred of evidence to back it up. When you do that it's just slander.

Just quoting for emphasis on JJB's and ACS's posts. Why be such a cynic about what Head has chosen to do? To be honest, if anything, his fame will decrease now, as he's chosen a path thats miles different from the multi-million, world touring band that he was in/

That sucks for Korn, but good for Head i guess. I wonder what the band is going to do now, and what his new songs sound like as well. Has anyone gotten a listen to any of them yet?