Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Global Link launches April 13th!

Visit the Pokémon Dream World, track your stats in the Global Battle Union, and much more, starting April 13!

The Pokémon Global Link is a new online service for Pokémon fans around the world! Starting April 13, you'll be able to connect your copy of Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version to the Pokémon Global Link for lots of fun activities.

Tuck in a Pokémon in your game and it will appear in the Pokémon Dream World, where you can befriend Pokémon, grow Berries, and collect items—and bring them all back to your game! Then check out the Global Battle Union, the best place to keep track of your online battle stats.

The Pokémon Global Link is completely free! All you'll need is a Pokémon Trainer Club account that you can get right now at Pokemon.com.

Check out www.pokemon-gl.com for more details as the April 13 launch of the Pokémon Global Link approaches!

I've just read through a bunch of pages in this thread and not understood a damn thing anyone has said. I'm just gonna stick to Yellow, all this new shit seems complicated.

... you realize, at its core, nothing has really changed drastically, right?

I played R/B/Y and G/S/C and then stopped playing Pokemon ever since until B/W. I tried the ones in-between but couldn't get into them for some reason (hated Gen III, was okay with Gen IV). Fact is, these new games are fantastic-- easily the best I've played since the first two generations-- and they're really easy to jump into.

All the complicated "new shit" are optional things anyway. You could train your Pokemon the old fashioned way, or you could breed the best and do all kinds of shit to make the ultimate Pokemon killing machine. It's optional. It's not like you're going to care about taking it to tournaments or online or anything anyway, so what does it matter how you play? And the musical things in B/W are optional... I completely skipped over it myself. If you can't get into these new games because they're too complicated then I really don't understand how you could say that Yellow is even playable :shifty:

I'd take one of those Zorua's off your hands if you're willing to Vitamin E. I've played through the 8th gym but don't really have anything of interest I could give you as a thank you. Up to you.

Yeah, I'll take one of those Zoura's too so I can train it up in wild battles.

New friend code BTW, 4255-3667-1080

I dont really need anything major in return for those, since I can just breed them rather easily like crazy, so if all you can send over is a lillipup or a *shudders* woobat, it won't bother me. I should be available for a couple hours starting now, then tomorrow afternoon again. So if either of you are available now/soonish just let me know and I can hop on.

And thank fuck for the Dream World coming tomorrow. I desperately want some of the hidden abilities from there.

EDIT - LNK, I could breed a Rufflet and a Solosis for you if you want. I already have the Black exclusives so I dont really need anything worthwhile in return.

And the Global Link site is actually up now, for me anyways. Just sent a Tepig to the Dream World to see how it is.

Edited by Vitamin E

I'd take one of those Zorua's off your hands if you're willing to Vitamin E. I've played through the 8th gym but don't really have anything of interest I could give you as a thank you. Up to you.

Yeah, I'll take one of those Zoura's too so I can train it up in wild battles.

New friend code BTW, 4255-3667-1080

EDIT - LNK, I could breed a Rufflet and a Solosis for you if you want. I already have the Black exclusives so I dont really need anything worthwhile in return.

Sounds good. Thanks :).

I've just started the strategy of capturing elemental monkeys and trading them on the GTS for some of the other valuable Pokemon. I got a Tepig, Oshawott and Zoroa so far. I've only just got my 6th badge so hopefully there will be more Pokemon to go after in the future.

Just let me know when would work best for you. Im running on Eastern time, and during the remainder of this week I SHOULD be available during the afternoons and definitely around 5ish Eastern. This weekend I should be more available though.

And those monkeys. I remember when I first saw them on Bulbapedia I was like, "oh that is pretty cool." After having seen them so much from trainers in the game I now do not want them anymore >_<

If anything I only need Pansear and Pansage for Dex data. May try EV training them into something useful though.

Speaking of training, I thought the GTS Negotiations thing would be really stupid, just because you could only search by level and the 'type' of pokemon you want/had to offer (cool, strange, etc), but it is a lot better than the normal GTS since it is basically like trading with a friend in that you can trade anything for anything from your party or boxes.

Now only to get 50 trades with 50 different people to get another Master Ball <_<

Edited by Vitamin E

I've just read through a bunch of pages in this thread and not understood a damn thing anyone has said. I'm just gonna stick to Yellow, all this new shit seems complicated.

... you realize, at its core, nothing has really changed drastically, right?

I played R/B/Y and G/S/C and then stopped playing Pokemon ever since until B/W. I tried the ones in-between but couldn't get into them for some reason (hated Gen III, was okay with Gen IV). Fact is, these new games are fantastic-- easily the best I've played since the first two generations-- and they're really easy to jump into.

All the complicated "new shit" are optional things anyway. You could train your Pokemon the old fashioned way, or you could breed the best and do all kinds of shit to make the ultimate Pokemon killing machine. It's optional. It's not like you're going to care about taking it to tournaments or online or anything anyway, so what does it matter how you play? And the musical things in B/W are optional... I completely skipped over it myself. If you can't get into these new games because they're too complicated then I really don't understand how you could say that Yellow is even playable :shifty:

I think its mainly down to the fact that I have absolutely no idea what any of the Pokemon are anymore, I just want my Pikachu, Sandslash, Scyther mega trio >_>

I still prefer the original 151 over any other generation, probably for nostalgia and whatnot, but Gen V has some really nice pokemon and dual typed ones at that. Once you start playing it you start to remember what pokemon are what and their names and their types and everything.

Plus you can always use those three still if you trade for them or can catch them at some point after beating the main story or in the Dream World. All the natures and abilities and EVs and everything arent necesarily anything you need to worry about if it isnt your cup of tea. I personally look forward to being able to EV train all the Unova region pokemon that I want to try and focus their stats on what I need based on their moveset/weaknesses, but you could just play the game without worrying about what the numbers once you level up mean.

Plus the graphics overall and in certain towns/areas are amazing.

Blaze that should work. For me it is 10:45 AM right now, so i should be available around 4ish-6 or 7 my time. You only wanted the Zorua correct? The Unfezant would be a nice trade too since Ive yet to actually capture one yet despite having a level 23 Tranquill that I use as an HM whore <_<. I actually planned on using an Unfezant at some point, but then I saw Braviary and decided that with that and Staraptor and Pidgeot, Unfezant shall not be getting any attention from me.

I added your Friend Code to my Pal Pad already. Not sure if you have sigs turned on but mine is 3654 0518 8514

Just to get it right, Blaze wants a Zorua, Ace wants a Zorua, and LNK would like Solosis/Rufflet, correct?

Unless you also want Petilil and Throh, LNK. I dont think Throh is REALLY exclusive, but there is only like a 5% chance of encountering one in few areas in Black, same with Sawk for White I believe.

Edited by Vitamin E

Yeah the fighting ones aren't exclusive, I got lucky and got a Sawk on my first try despite the 5% chance. Just patience and luck I suppose.

Also yeah Vit E, I want a Zorua should be able to get on on Fri/Sat/Sun night and if you want a Pansear/Pansage I will send one over for you.

That would be good. Like i said, I may only use it for Dex data, but once I finish my moveset list for all the other pokemon in the Unova region (Im around Eelektross, give or take a few evolutionary lines) I may go back to the monkeys and see whether I can use them for SOME online battles or if theyre just things Id never use. Either one would be fine though.

Speaking of online battles, I did my first Random Rotation battle the other day. I LOVE rotation battles compared to normal triple battles, since it seems like you need to be more strategic and it is fun guessing correctly what your opponent may do and screwing them over (Oh, you notice my Volcarona is out? I assume youre going to switch to your Samurott so allow me to rotate my Zebstrika over and Thunder it for you).

Still want to try that Launcher battle out since it too sounds interesting and needs some strategy. Gaining Launcher points with every turn that allows you to buy some items along the way could be pretty nice.

Has anyone tried the Dream World out as well? I gave it a quick whirl last night and was lucky enough to get a Shinx ( :w00t: ) with the hidden ability. I cant wait until I can find some Unova pokemon in there though.