Pokémon: (Mew)Two Strikes Back

Bobfoc

3 hours ago, RPS said:

I am hoping someone can answer my dumb Pokemon TCG questions. 

1. If my kids Pokemon are paralyzed, he cannot retreat the Pokemon. Presumably he can use a card to swap him off the bench. Can he actually use the card to swap him off the bench? Does that Pokemon become unparalyzed? 

2. Related to question above, lets say my kids Pokemon is poisoned, paralyzed and burnt. Presumably if my son can use the card to swap his active Pokemon, does swapping a Pokemon with multiple status issues resolve all status conditions? 

Additionally, what is the best bang for my buck in buying Pokemon cards for my kids? I bought them some individual cards from a store online, which they enjoy, but they want a few different decks. My son bought the Calyrex battle deck and is kicking my other kids asses, but my kids have an insatiable need for Pokemon cards. 

I’m a Pokemon League Judge if you ever need answers for questions just fire an at.

I also own a store so can help with purchases! Rotation hits in April, so if they ever want to play with other kids (and have all the hip cool things) then getting something that doesn’t have loads of Regulation E cards is good (in the bottom left hand corner next to the set symbol/code there’s a letter in a white box, E rotates in April, D has already gone - you can use cards that are reprinted as F/G if you have an E or older version, for example Switch and Professors Research)

League Battle Decks are the best value by far, the new Miraidon one has some VERY playable cards and Miraidon as an archetype is winning regional championships.

The best thing about Pokemon is large chunks of decks will be the same even if you build something new (supporters etc) so you can find a Pokemon your kid likes and as long as it isn’t Charizard EX, Roaring Moon or Iron Valiant you can usually put together a very good deck for <$50.

Use Limitless for deck list ideas, I believe they even have basket options to buy entire decks frOm reputable websites

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

I’m a Pokemon League Judge if you ever need answers for questions just fire an at.

I also own a store so can help with purchases! Rotation hits in April, so if they ever want to play with other kids (and have all the hip cool things) then getting something that doesn’t have loads of Regulation E cards is good (in the bottom left hand corner next to the set symbol/code there’s a letter in a white box, E rotates in April, D has already gone - you can use cards that are reprinted as F/G if you have an E or older version, for example Switch and Professors Research)

League Battle Decks are the best value by far, the new Miraidon one has some VERY playable cards and Miraidon as an archetype is winning regional championships.

The best thing about Pokemon is large chunks of decks will be the same even if you build something new (supporters etc) so you can find a Pokemon your kid likes and as long as it isn’t Charizard EX, Roaring Moon or Iron Valiant you can usually put together a very good deck for <$50.

Use Limitless for deck list ideas, I believe they even have basket options to buy entire decks frOm reputable websites

DM me the store name. 

We were gifted the Battle Deck in the summer and started playing in the fall and the kids got into it. My daughter and I split on the Melmetal and Mewtwo decks and my kids have been playing 2-3 nights a week with me. My oldest has her Psychic deck (Mewtwo) and a Steel deck (Melmetal). My son has the aforementioned Water deck (Calyrex) and a fire deck (the Cinderace deck). My youngest has an electric deck (Pikachu deck) and Water deck (she bought the Quaquaval deck). I have fighting (Lucario deck) and dark (Eevee deck). But now they want to start building their own decks. It is a great hobby, but can definitely be a money sink. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Wasn't a massive fan of Kalos, but industrial era France for a Pokémon Legends game sounds fun! Kind of pleases the remake petitioners and the fans of Legends Arceus in one go, plus anyone who was still fizzing about a lack of Pokémon Z.

• 1 month later...
On 10/04/2024 at 15:53, Kyle said:

Are YOU looking for a ridiculous time-sink? Well, look no further...

https://pokerogue.net/

Well, that's consumed most of the last two days for me. Finally won it though, albeit I did get saved by a retry on like, Lv. 28 or something random.

Spoilers for final boss/team:

Spoiler

I managed to cheese the AI in the Lv 195 rival fight. Its propensity to switching out for type effectiveness meant I could set up an early Stealth Rock and then wear it down by calling switches right. Had a couple of nervy moments towards the end vs. Mega Rayquaza but then it went down.

As for Eternatus, I think I just got lucky. It only used Recover once, but it came down to a lucky burn and my Snorlax having ungodly amounts of HP that it went down to a burn.

Final team was Tapu Koko (my starter), Snorlax, Ninetales, Golem, Shiftry and Skarmory. Honestly, retrospectively, I should have ditched Skarmory as I was only really using it for Spikes, which did such a negligible amount of damage compared to Golem's Stealth Rock.

There's a few very broken Pokémon it seems; Meowth with Technician is a beast in the early game, and also handy for money as Pay Day gets busted way up in power. Pretty easy to run a fair distance with him.