Pokémon: (Mew)Two Strikes Back

Bobfoc

Larry is a great character, but really...

Spoiler

Flamigo (for an Elite Four member)

... as their ace? Come on. Although I do like the touch...

Spoiler

Normal gym, so expecting that again... so people would prep fighting types, but nope.... flyers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my first full-odds Shiny since Sun! An Espartha, who looks dope as hell.

Also randomly got Surprise Traded a shiny Scorbunny that I can't see anything wrong with, so I've bagged two shiny pokemon on Violet today, along with six Noibat from the Community Day on Pokemon Go :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So with my tax refund after getting new tires on my car, I think I’m going to pick up a switch and one of the new Pokémon games. I imagine they’re mostly the same but do the majority here have one where the other makes sense to be a helpful member of the community?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Salt City Saint said:

So with my tax refund after getting new tires on my car, I think I’m going to pick up a switch and one of the new Pokémon games. I imagine they’re mostly the same but do the majority here have one where the other makes sense to be a helpful member of the community?

I'd say go for Sword/Shield for the more linear story like the older games, or go Scarlet/Violet for a more open-world playthrough which may be marred by glitchy hilarity. Both still have regular player bases and you can interact with them. Sword/Shield also has some fun buyable DLC.

I'd say avoid Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl unless you purely want a nostalgia fix (which they might not achieve).

If you're open to something unusual, I recommend Arceus Legends. Hit my nostalgia buttons and felt open, fun and a little bit dare I say, fresh. This one is very non-community oriented though. The inventory system sucks massive Ultra Balls though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I came here to say I just learned that the word "Nuzlocke" is a Lost reference.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Kraig said:

I'd say go for Sword/Shield for the more linear story like the older games, or go Scarlet/Violet for a more open-world playthrough which may be marred by glitchy hilarity. Both still have regular player bases and you can interact with them. Sword/Shield also has some fun buyable DLC.

I'd say avoid Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl unless you purely want a nostalgia fix (which they might not achieve).

If you're open to something unusual, I recommend Arceus Legends. Hit my nostalgia buttons and felt open, fun and a little bit dare I say, fresh. This one is very non-community oriented though. The inventory system sucks massive Ultra Balls though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I came here to say I just learned that the word "Nuzlocke" is a Lost reference.

To be honest, I’m probably going scarlet/violet to get a dachsbun. Maybe which I get doesn’t matter so much being this late to the party. But if most have scarlet then violet makes the most sense, and vice versa. 

• Like 1

My daughter, who cut her teeth on the 3DS games, preferred Arceus over SwSh and SV. I would personally recommend ShSw with DLC.