Pokémon: (Mew)Two Strikes Back

Bobfoc

I'm very confused why they didn't make Wiglett and Toedscool regional variants of Diglett and Tentacool. The fact they went to the effort of clearly stating in their Pokédex entries "THESE ARE NOT DIGLETT/TENTACOOL" suggests they were aware of that themselves.

4 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I'm very confused why they didn't make Wiglett and Toedscool regional variants of Diglett and Tentacool. The fact they went to the effort of clearly stating in their Pokédex entries "THESE ARE NOT DIGLETT/TENTACOOL" suggests they were aware of that themselves.

I have seen Diglett in the game, so presumably because they also wanted to use Diglett's assets in the game. 

3 badges, 2 titans, and 1 Team Star.

Lots of jank in the game, but I am really digging it. Still trying to narrow down who are gonna be 'keepers' for my party. Always the starter... and I think Clodsire. Current team is: Charcadet, Mimikyu, Flittle, Tinkatuff, Clodsire, and Floragato.

Edit: Suffered my first defeat at the hands of the Steel Titan. I thought Charcadet would have given him a good fight... but nope. just wiped him out. And that was the only fire type I had with me :(

I'm looking to get a Pokemon game for my daughter for Christmas, and she's hit that annoying age where she's read about the supposed issues in this one, is it still worth getting or am I better off just getting her Sword/Shield or Arceus? She's not played either of them (or indeed any other than Let's go Evee), so if either are better regarded generally I'd probably just go for one of those.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I'm looking to get a Pokemon game for my daughter for Christmas, and she's hit that annoying age where she's read about the supposed issues in this one, is it still worth getting or am I better off just getting her Sword/Shield or Arceus? She's not played either of them (or indeed any other than Let's go Evee), so if either are better regarded generally I'd probably just go for one of those.

I would ask her what she liked about Pokemon Let's Go and make the decision.

Pokemon SwSh are amazing games with a mix of conventional Pokemon games (route from city to city where you gain badges to progress to the Elite 4, you battos trainers, you battle to collect Pokemon) and more unusual elements that take from Let's Go (open world spaces, you can see wild Pokemon in these spaces). There is also a banana's amount of Pokemon available (600 or so). 

Pokemon Arceus is nothing like Let's Go, except you don't battle Pokemon to collect. You enter a quasi open world stage, collect the 30-60 pokemon available in the region, and you get rewarded for collecting a lot of Pokemon of the same type. There is not as much focus on battling - you traverse the open world space and collect Pokemon. But there is about half of the amount of Pokemon from SwSh.

Pokemon Violet takes the conventional Pokemon formula and makes various tweaks - auto battles, all Pokemon in the wild are visible, there is far less trainer battles. Technical issues aside, it's an incredibly fun game. And not linear - you can go pretty much anywhere in the world right away. The technical issues will ruin your game if you want a seamless experience. But, to be honest, all three of these games have technical issues. SwSh have some graphical bugs and pop ins. Arceus the same. It's not as bad as SV.

If you ask me, I would try to find a used copy of Sword or Shield and buy the DLC. 

• Thanks 1

This map is so huge, I seem to find a new area with a load of new Pokémon by accident all the time. I've also got all three starters from mystery trades which is nice (although Quaxly is Japanese), and at some point I might actually advance through any of the paths. So far I have two gym badges and the Klawf titan done.

I just spent half an hour looking for a Ditto (to get that Quaxly in English form), only to find out that they disguise themselves as other wild Pokémon and I'm not strong enough to try and find one yet. On the plus side, if you see a Chansey in the wild make sure to battle it (fully, not auto), not only do they give thousands of EXP but they have Heal Pulse, so they will just heal whatever damage they do to you.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Where would you find Chansey?

Also, I've yet to find any Eevees :(

They did terra raids all weekend for Eevees. I saw one out in the wild. I think zone 2 right close to the grass base. I caught 8 from Terra raids. 

20 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The new Tauros are absolute psychopaths in the wild. Beat one (or anything else nearby) and they'll be charging at you the second the battle's over, plus they're both tough to beat and too fast to run away from.

Hahaha, I kind of love it, they seem to sneak up on me a lot. I find it funny how all the wild ones crowd around to watch, like "oh yes Barry, give him the horn". So civil, until the battle ends.

I've decided to just explore the whole map since I got bored after hitting a brick wall at the psychic gym, discovered a level 50 pokémon that likes to kill itself using Memento so I've decided to evolve everything I don't want to use. I also like that I can catch over-levelled beasts, which if I recall was impossible in Sheild/Sword. So sometimes I can out-tactic certain wild encounters for massive EXP.

My dex is sitting at 247 and now that bastard teacher wants me to catch 400! How many are in this game?!

Pretty low on the missions complete, 3 titans done, 3 gyms and 1 team base done. Currently find myself in the middle of a snowy mountain range. I don't use the fly function much (usually when I'm stuck somewhere) so I suppose I do enjoy the explorative aspect of this game, especially when compared to previous entries. I wish they just made the gyms level up with you. The areas of the game should be kind of random, which they seem to be. I really like being able to run into a level 60 Gyarados and having to run like hell or something.

I keep meeting new pokémon in the wild and they scare or weird the hell out of me. Makes it very exciting when you catch the first one you ever see. From memory I've caught Varoom, Veluza, Tatsugiri, Dondozo, Kilowattrel (before I saw it's pre-evo), black Taurus, Flittle, Rellor, Bramblin and Tandemous in that way.

17 hours ago, Ruki said:

Was trying to find my way to the normal gym, accidentally ended up with an area with level 50 pokemon. Oops. One of which kept killing itself?

One of my shortcuts to grinding levels in Sword/Shield was finding a wild Pokémon that had Self Destruct or Explosion, using a Ghost type, and watching it sacrifice itself for some free EXP.

• Haha 1