Pokémon: (Mew)Two Strikes Back

Bobfoc

Sword and Shield are a good jump in point. I will say, don't go too hard on the DLC too early, I don't remember if it scales and the Raids it lets you do give you access to lots of good Pokemon very very early, so I'd save it for post-game.

I've really enjoyed Violet for what it's worth, although I'd rather have had the Scarlet legendaries. Looking forward to the DLC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

Sword and Shield are a good jump in point. I will say, don't go too hard on the DLC too early, I don't remember if it scales and the Raids it lets you do give you access to lots of good Pokemon very very early, so I'd save it for post-game.

I've really enjoyed Violet for what it's worth, although I'd rather have had the Scarlet legendaries. Looking forward to the DLC.

Yeah beat the main game and go back to SwSh. 

I'm excited for SV DLC because the SwSh DLC was do good. Like I think Sword and Shield were 8/10  and the whole package with DLC is perfect. 

I have three complaints with Sword and Shield.

1. Hop in general. His name is stupid and they literally reuse all of Hau's animations from Sun and Moon. He feels very lazy and he'd have nothing going for him without Leon.

2. I don't like Dynamax as a gimmick. Megas were the peak for me, Z-Moves were kinda cool, I can't remember what Gen 6 had if anything? Terastilising adds a unique element and I really like what it offers (hoping for more in the DLC) but Dynamaxing is just "hurr durr I'm really big now".

3. Post-game spoiler

Spoiler

SORDWARD AND SHIELBERT WHAT IS IT WITH THE NAMES IN THIS GAME

The DLC was really good and I think it's definitely the way forward as opposed to a third version.

The change I'd like to see now, which they won't do because MONEY but if they made each generation longer to add more graphical polish I think it would make a big difference. Main games come out three years apart, would another 6-12 months hurt for one generation to improve the general look for the next 2-3 generations?

Sounds like Sword/Shield would be a good jumping back in point. Haven’t really played a Pokémon game since FR/LG. Than Scarlet or Violet soon after. I appreciate the knowledge here folks. Aside from Pokémon Go I’ve been out of the loop awhile. 

Found a second shiny on Violet! :o a Cufant, which I promptly evolved.

at the point now where i think all im missing dex-wise are the three you evolve letting them out of the ball and the Scarlet exclusives, if someone wants to help me out on that front!

• Like 1

I've had a bad habit of dropping games before I finish the post-game now. It just feels like such a non-challenge and I can't be bothered. Anyone else getting this lately? Gonna try to fully finish off Arceus Legends, Sword/Shield DLC and Violet.

I've also been looking into fab-made/hacks since it seems a few have actually been finished! Anyone got any personal recommendations?

The only ROM I've played is Black Black 2 and it was excellent. There was a really good Ruby ROM-hack I saw ShadyyPenguin play on YouTube too but I can't remember the name.

Whilst I'm here is there a handy map anywhere for all of these damn spike things I need to find? :shifty:

1 hour ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

Whilst I'm here is there a handy map anywhere for all of these damn spike things I need to find?

Just read a guide. Took me a few hours. 

I also have a complete Dex so can give you some of them but would need to breed a bunch. You could also google the trade codes to complete your dex. 

There's an Emerald hack that turns it into a rougue like. It makes it like a streamlined nuzlocke and I think there's stuff you can unlock with repeated runs. If you look up Pro Jared Plays on YouTube, that's where I saw it but I assume there's other videos out there.

I'm sure there was a fairly notable hack within the last few years that got shutdown by Nintendo. It was something nuclear based I'm sure, like Pokémon Patroleum or something. The name escapes me right now.

Edit: Uranium it was.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how they turned what seemed like such a bittersweet moment into a really upbeat and exciting "let's see what the future holds" with a simple musical cue. Been watching the anime since it first aired on ITV over here, and I've left it and then caught up a few times. I'm dreading finally going back and closing that chapter because there's so many life memories tied to me for Pokémon in the same way I have them tied to wrestling. Saying goodbye to fictional characters shouldn't be as hard as I find it :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 25/03/2023 at 07:56, Benji said:

I love how they turned what seemed like such a bittersweet moment into a really upbeat and exciting "let's see what the future holds" with a simple musical cue. Been watching the anime since it first aired on ITV over here, and I've left it and then caught up a few times. I'm dreading finally going back and closing that chapter because there's so many life memories tied to me for Pokémon in the same way I have them tied to wrestling. Saying goodbye to fictional characters shouldn't be as hard as I find it :(

I don't mind saying I'm way behind, but I had various bingewatches when I was a student (Voyager, Sherlock, Game of Thrones) and that included Pokémon from the beginning all the way through to I think the end of the XY series.

That's when I thought they might end it, since Ash seemed competent and I found myself actually watching instead of just listening to it in the background.

Then the Alola stuff dropped and it looked pretty awful, which was a shame since I loved the Alola games. Maybe I should pick the anime back up and finish the entire series when the English dub shows up.

From the weird way they did the Galar region and introduced Pokémon Go to the anime I'd never have guessed they would be wrapping things up. Then all these old characters were apparently showing up and it seemed kinda obvious they were building to something.

Well done to the writers, actors and animators for keeping such a weird force of nature alive for so long. These long tenure animes really blow my mind, especially since it's not as simple as point and shoot, there's the big creative process.

There is something great about such an epic journey with huge milestones and memories where the protagonist travels the world extensively, and yet never ages. Ash is a paradox. :lol:

*notices connection to Scarlet/Violet paradoxes* :o

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

Honestly, XY is a good place to end it. I watched Alola and it was not good at all, it felt like a cheap knock off of Pokémon. Started Journeys but it didn't do much for me but at some point I'll grind through it for completion.

That'a the Pokémon spirit! That's how I feel finishing Violet. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am playing Omega Ruby but trying to only use six Pokemon. I can catch whatever I want, I just can't get rid of them and if they faint in battle, they are gone permanently.  I l didn't really think of what the grind would be for Slakoth... 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am hoping someone can answer my dumb Pokemon TCG questions. 

1. If my kids Pokemon are paralyzed, he cannot retreat the Pokemon. Presumably he can use a card to swap him off the bench. Can he actually use the card to swap him off the bench? Does that Pokemon become unparalyzed? 

2. Related to question above, lets say my kids Pokemon is poisoned, paralyzed and burnt. Presumably if my son can use the card to swap his active Pokemon, does swapping a Pokemon with multiple status issues resolve all status conditions? 

Additionally, what is the best bang for my buck in buying Pokemon cards for my kids? I bought them some individual cards from a store online, which they enjoy, but they want a few different decks. My son bought the Calyrex battle deck and is kicking my other kids asses, but my kids have an insatiable need for Pokemon cards. 

2 hours ago, RPS said:

I am hoping someone can answer my dumb Pokemon TCG questions. 

1. If my kids Pokemon are paralyzed, he cannot retreat the Pokemon. Presumably he can use a card to swap him off the bench. Can he actually use the card to swap him off the bench? Does that Pokemon become unparalyzed? 

2. Related to question above, lets say my kids Pokemon is poisoned, paralyzed and burnt. Presumably if my son can use the card to swap his active Pokemon, does swapping a Pokemon with multiple status issues resolve all status conditions? 

Additionally, what is the best bang for my buck in buying Pokemon cards for my kids? I bought them some individual cards from a store online, which they enjoy, but they want a few different decks. My son bought the Calyrex battle deck and is kicking my other kids asses, but my kids have an insatiable need for Pokemon cards. 

1. Yes you can retreat using items, just not by default

2. Retreating/Evolving remove all statuses

Can't help on the buying front, sorry!