MCR To Cover Queen & Bowie

tristy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so on the flip side, I won't buy the Velvet Revolver CD because heck, that'd be going right to Scott Weilands heroin addiction.

And I won't buy Gangster rap, because that supports the promotion of gangs and drugs.

Just because it is for charity doesn't mean it won't blow the big one and doesn't mean we should give it fake praise. And just because you cover a band, doesn't mean they will get attention, nor does it any way validate butchering the song.

Edited by PunkRockPete

I'm not saying say that the song is good. All I'm saying is give THE BAND credit for at least doing stuff for charity, whether it be sticking a train up their ass or covering a song you feel is a classic. I'm not saying you have to like the song, but when they're doing it for charity and the only thing that gets noticed is the fact that you don't like the band, there's something wrong with it. And the pre-judgment of it isn't right either, as Maxx has been saying. I haven't heard it yet, but I will soon.

All I'm saying throughout this thing, that whether or not you like the band or their music, you have to give them props as people for doing something for charity. Why? Because you don't see it as often as it should happen. And fuck you if you think it doesn't mater, because it does. I'm sure whoever they're helping for charity, regardless of whether they like their music or not, or even the god damn song, will appreciate the fact that they at least took the time out of their lives to do it for charity. I'm sure they could have made a crappy fucking cover for their own personal gain if they really wanted to, but no, they used it for charity too.

That's my whole point on the issue, I'm not saying you have to give the song praise if it sucks, because if it sucks, well it sucks, but give them credit for at least having the decency to do it for charity. And something tells me MCR doesn't need anymore attention than they already have. Emo and Indie bands are slowly transgressing into a popular form of music ala pop.

Okay, so on the flip side, I won't buy the Velvet Revolver CD because heck, that'd be going right to Scott Weilands heroin addiction.

And I won't buy Gangster rap, because that supports the promotion of gangs and drugs.

Just because it is for charity doesn't mean it won't blow the big one and doesn't mean we should give it fake praise. And just because you cover a band, doesn't mean they will get attention, nor does it any way validate butchering the song.

1. Scott Weiland's been clean for almost two years.

2. I just got dumber.

3. No one is saying you have to like the song. But it's just silly when people go "OH MY FUCKING GOD! THESE GODDAMN PUSSY ASSFUCKING QUEERS ARE RUINING A GOOD SONG CAUSE THEY ARE TEH SUCK!!!!11111111 FUCK THESE FUCKING FUCKS FOR DESTROYING MY FUCKING LIFE!!!!!!! I CAN NEVER LISTEN TO UNDER PRESSURE AGAIN CAUSE THEY MUTILATED MY MEMORIES OF THE ORIGINAL! OH MY FUCKING GOD MY LIFE IS OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!"

Jesus Christ, it's just music, get over it. You don't have to like it, but guess what? You also don't have to listen to it and you should appreciate the fact that they are doing it to benefit a charity.

1, 2) Jesus fucking christ, stop taking things so literally to justify your opinion. The idea still stands that you SHOULDN'T like a song because of the context in which the song is being released. Just because Ray Charles is blind doesn't make his music any better or worse. It still makes it music.

3) "MY FUCKING GOD! THESE GODDAMN PUSSY ASSFUCKING QUEERS ARE RUINING A GOOD SONG CAUSE THEY ARE TEH SUCK." Actually, most people have been pretty much saying that both bands are pretty decent. Good idea putting things out of context to prove your point though.

"I CAN NEVER LISTEN TO UNDER PRESSURE AGAIN CAUSE THEY MUTILATED MY MEMORIES OF THE ORIGINAL! OH MY FUCKING GOD MY LIFE IS OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!" No one has said that either. But than again, when you've got nothing to prove, you've got to dig up the most frivilious and irrelevant points!

Dear lord, serves me right for making up my own mind. I should just ask you guys before I make my opinion on things. Guys, should I like Alter Bridge or not?

Yes, because EWB has never over-reacted about anything before when it comes to something like this. I was relating it to past events, but perhaps I should have made that a little more clear.

But once again, you miss the ENTIRE point of the post. No one is saying you have to like it or get the boards opinion before enjoying something. I'll just give my eyes a good roll instead of nitpicking everything you said, but again, the point is: you do not have to like a song, but to bitch and moan about one lousy song which is being recorded to help others is stupid.

And I fail to understand how you can "make up your own mind" about something you've never even heard. And I'm the one who's frivilous.

I'll check it out, but in all likely hood I'll hate it or REALLY dislike the thing. The only good covers that i can think of are Marilyn Manson's cover of Tainted Love and The Who and Rush's cover of Summertime Blues.

The fact that every other cover that I've ever heard is poor, I don't have high hopes for this. Having said that, I'm Not Okay is a damn catchy song...

Personally, I think Marilyn Manson did a better job covering Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics. Regardless, I like both MCR and The Used, and although I don't rate the original as a classic of any kind, I'll reserve judgement till I hear it. I don't get how people can say they'll hate it just because they don't like the bands involved. It's like my friend when I played him a couple of FFAF tracks - he loved them when he heard them, but as soon as I said it was FFAF, he hit the roof and denounced everything I listneed to as shite.