A String Quartet Tribute to...Audioslave?

Kaney

Has anyone ever heard of this? It's a string quartet who cover a bunch of songs, and release them as albums, and they sound exactly like a cat trying to go to the toilet through a sewn up bum. Apparently theres a whole host of these ranging from Audioslave to Evanescence, from System Of A Down to Tool.

Cochise - WMP

Cochise - RealOne Player

I was just messing around Amazon.com when I found it. Those two links are short clips of Cochise, but there's tons more here. Just scroll down a bit. I'll leave you to search for horrible renditions of you own favourite bands.

*shudder*

You aren't talking about Apocolyptica, are you? If you are I must say :@, Apocolyptica are awesome. They have an album of covers of metallica songs that are pure awesomeness, and another called Inquisition Symphony that covers a range of songs (but the title of the CD comes from a cover of a Sepultura song).

You aren't talking about Apocolyptica, are you? If you are I must say :@, Apocolyptica are awesome. They have an album of covers of metallica songs that are pure awesomeness, and another called Inquisition Symphony that covers a range of songs (but the title of the CD comes from a cover of a Sepultura song).

No it's not Apocalyptica. I've seen them live, and they were really good.

Don't know it's the same people but there's something similar with strings covering Radiohead and U2 songs.

Yeah it's the same people (I think) as on the 'users who liked this product' thing, it says "Strung out on okay computer : The radio head tribute thingy".

Edited by YI

I've got a load of string quartet tributes...I haven't heard the Audioslave one, though. The Radiohead one by The Section was great, the Joy Division/New Order was great, the Nirvana one's a little off, other than Heart-Shaped Box, the NIN one's pretty dodgy, The Smiths one is superb (Last Night I Dreamt...is the most haunting song ever), and I've heard the string quartet version of My Immortal by Evanescense, which is surprisingly good.

I absolutely love Apocalyptica's cover of Unforgiven...the cello just works so perfectly.

Even my brother who doesn't like anything by Metallica thought the song was fantastic.

I need to check out this Tool cover that was mentioned, as I think that I'd probably love that.

the porblem with Apocalyptica live is that the crowed defenetly got so manny goth ideots that you guranted have some fucker in there that thinks he is a vampire and starts byting, fucking goth bastards, gotta hate them.

I only saw them supporting Rammstein but they were bloody good. Even came out to do the encores with the headliner too.

I was out at Wal-Mart yesterday and had some time to kill, so I looked through the cds. (I don't buy cds at Wal-Mart, generally; not because a lot of them are edited, but because I rarely buy cds at all)

While looking to see if they had Metallica S&M, I came across a couple of interesting cds....

One was a string quartet tribute to Metallica. That, I can sort of understand, seeing as how S&M is Metallica with an orchestra.

But the other cd.....

A bluegrass tribute to Metallica!

I have absolutely no desire to hear Enter Sandman or One played on a banjo, thankuverymuch.

I wish someone would do a country tribute to Def Leppard or Motley Crue, though; "Photograph", "High N' Dry", "Too Young To Fall In Love", and "You're All I Need" would make GREAT country songs......

NOT!!!! :rolleyes:

And I still want Mariah Carey's head on a silver platter for her fucked up version of "Bringin' On The Heartbreak".

The bluegrass tribute to Metallica may well be by Hayseed Dixie, a classic rock/metal covers bluegrass band, who do fantastic versions of Back In Black and Ace Of Spades, but I don't know for sure if it would be them or not.