Thomas Haden Church cast as villain for Spider-Man

BlackFlagg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that are too lazy:

With Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace already added to the returning cast of Spider-Man 3, might we soon get more casting announcements?

Scooper 'The Calculator' tells us a rumor that in Spider-Man 3 you may see four villains! With that many, you would think that not all four could be major villains in the third installment, which may concentrate mostly on just one or two. We don't really know at this point what is going to happen.

So who are those nasty rogues? Sandman, Hobgoblin, Vulture and Venom.

We'll keep you updated if any of this is confirmed or debunked. Sam Raimi will start principal photography on Spider-Man 3 in January for a May 4, 2007 release.

Four villains? Screw that, make a fucking sinister Six if you're going that far. Hell, the movies aren't canon anyway, have Harry form a SS with Sandman, Scorpion, Vulture, Mysterio and Venom/Rhyno for all I care. I just want to see who plays Black Cat.

:{:

It had best be true. And who's Topher Grace playing?

I'd guess Venom. They could change Eddie Brock to make him like a mirror of Peter, except he chose a different path with the responsibility he was given.

I hope that they can sign Maguire and Dunst for a couple more movies becuase otherwise they will most likely try to shove everything into one two hour movie and it will look bad. If they do go with multiple villians, I hope its just one main guy and a couple supporting ones. Something like Sandman, Scorpion, Vulture and Rhino would be awesome.

Guest CZW Fan

well why not follow what the movie ended off with

Harry is being controled by the goblin and JJJ's son is dumped by MJ. they mention JJJ's son going into space, where he could have picked up the symbiote DNA. therefore leaving two possible villains.

I have a feeling though that they'd have more than two villains in the next movie as it doesn't make sence to have spiderman just defeating two big enemies without a smaller one going at the start, aka, Rhyno

Guest DynamicJeremyS

According to Movie Tome, he'll play Sandman, which would be a pretty good fit.

Him playing Scorpio would be awesome too, him as Eddie brock would be okay.

Four villians for Spiderman 3 though is a little too much. They should stick with two, three at most.

If they were going to do all the Venom stuff, like the symbiote coming from space, then Spidey having it, then him rejecting and all that. It would take too long. I don't think that they could do it in only 2 hours.

If they were going to do all the Venom stuff, like the symbiote coming from space, then Spidey having it, then him rejecting and all that. It would take too long. I don't think that they could do it in only 2 hours.

Nah they couldn't. They'd probably just have Brock getting it. I hope they do Venom...it'd be a shame to see the Spider-Man movies end and not face on of his most famous enemies.

But the problem with them not having Spider-Man get it in the first place, is that fact that when Brock gets it, he knows Spider-Man's identity, he's able to negate his spider-sense and also Venom's powers come from the symbiote being attached to Spidey (I'm fairly certain on that). Without the Spider-Man-symbiote, Venom would be just another villian.