International Football!

Yeah so it's back to the International football today which should be interesting. One thing, does anyone know if Scotland/Italy is on? I searched every single sports channel and it's nowhere to be seen. Before this, they had EVERY Scotland game on, and now they decide not to air the biggest one they're having? What dicks. Yet they have the pile of shit Wales game and stuff like France/Swiss :(

Wales 3-1 Austria

Israel 0-2 Republic Of Ireland

Italy 2-1 Scotland

England 3-0 N Ireland

They're my predictions for the main games. Well main games to me that is. I'm hoping the England game wont be a borefest and actually see some good stuff.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The referee hasn't been too bad, although there has been one or two situations where he's made a mistake, not a problem though. Deserves to be 0-0 at half time too. England have been much better sure, but N-Ireland have managed to do there job and not allow any goals.

Not too good just yet, not terribly boring though.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

In typical Scottish fashion they are either going to get.

A. Trounced

B. Lose a goal in the last 5 minutes

I say B. A 1-0 win for Italy. Walter Smith will put a lot more fight in the Scottish team then Berti Vogts did, then again a wet paper towel could put up more of a fight that Berti Vogts's Scotland teams. The potential Scotland team for tonight looks quite decent actually.

Supposed/Rumoured starting Line Up:

-------------------------R. Douglas-----------------------

J. McNamara----S. Pressley---D. Weir---G. Naysmith

-----------------------G. Caldwell--------------------

P. Hartley---Barry Ferguson---N. Quashie---L. McCulloch

---------------------------K. Miller---------------------------

Decent team, even though we are missing 2 of out best players (McFadden/Fletcher) it still looks a much better side than what Vogts was putting out.

EDIT: P.S. I put £2 on Joe Cole to score first and £2 or 4-0 England :)

Edited by Viper.

I watched the second half and was actually impressed with England, while I didn't sit down eyes glued to the television I was happy with the way they moved the ball around the pitch and they acted like a proper team. It all seemed to flow well, and Joe Cole owns. I've always wanted him to play, but that mainly stems from Chelsea, where I hate Damien Duff, because he's an ex-Blackburn Rover - so I automatically hate him.

Ah well, Sven should be happy he trusted Cole now, my probably with Sven he isn't open to many suggestions. He doesn't seem to want to divert from the core group of the team and try other players, even in friendlies. Still, the best striker in the league came on for Rooney so it's all well and good.

EDIT: Don't understand why people expected Wales to win. They're not a good side.

Edited by IAceI