International Football!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently watching Brazil vs Peru. Ronaldo squandered a couple easy chances. It's amazing how out of shape he is. First half wasn't nothing great (it ended 0-0). The second half is great so far. I'm predicting at least a couple goals in the remaining of it. The strikers haven't been playing has well as their midfield providers, but i hope it's just a matter of time until one goal is scored.

btw... i can't believe how they still play zé roberto.

EDIT: Ronaldinho was just fouled inside the area. Of course the referee did the right thing and booked him. :shifty:

Edited by Malenko

'Mon the England tonight.

Same team as Saturday. Terry would like to be captain. Joe Cole is finally reaching his potential. Beckham will still be captain in the World Cup and Terry and Ferdinand is likely partnership for World Cup too.

Thats the news from the England camp.

My prediction is 3-0.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

We'll win, but not 186-0 like the media keep speaking of, just because Poland beat them 8-0 and we're better than Poland, doesn't mean we're going to beat that score.

Terry as captain? No thanks, why bother?

England can never take games by the scruff of the neck, so an 8-0 scoreline is nowhere near possible. I also think 3-0, maybe 4-0 is a possible score.

There were decent odds on a 4 or + goal game (with total goals in the game, not how many England score) which looked tempting, but I don't bet.

Terry shouldn't be captain because when everyone is fit, he's behind Campbell and Ferdinand in the pecking order I'm afraid.

I'll say something like 3 or 4-0. After that Eriksson'll probably want us to sit back and defend coz he's a prat.

2 - 1 people keep forgetting that we're not very good.

No, we are good, it's just that at times our fans expect a lot, and maybe too much from our team.

I seriously can't see a 2-1 either....Azerbaijan scoring is a possibility, but I think we'll score more than 2.

Postiga scored again :o:o:o

He's in his hottest streak of the past 2 years (which isn't saying much since he only scored twice last season before this two goals :shifty: ).

At least Paulo Ferreira doesn't run away from his standard play causing a penalty and being replaced after being dominated by the opposing left winger. :thumbsup:

Typical England, can't score past Azerbaijan in 45 minutes. I know they didn't against Northern Ireland and then came out and got 4, however, I think this is the sort of the thing that sets us apart from the next set of teams as in Italy, Spain, Brazil - and for defenceful masterclass - Greece.

Second half, bring on Dyer, and get him running from the midfield, to shit thier defence up a little.

Beckham's booking was pathetic as well...

EDIT: And IAceI, even France and Brazil would struggle against a team like Azerbaijan who have no want to get forward whatsoever.

Fair enough, Poland beat them 8-0...but if you look otherwise, they don't get beaten heavily very often, and have always been a hard side to break down.

Edited by rvdwannabe