• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposed/Rumoured starting Line Up:

-------------------------R. Douglas-----------------------

J. McNamara----S. Pressley---D. Weir---G. Naysmith

-----------------------G. Caldwell--------------------

P. Hartley---Barry Ferguson---N. Quashie---L. McCulloch

---------------------------K. Miller---------------------------

Decent team, even though we are missing 2 of out best players (McFadden/Fletcher) it still looks a much better side than what Vogts was putting out.

EDIT: P.S. I put £2 on Joe Cole to score first and £2 or 4-0 England :)

I watched the second half and was actually impressed with England, while I didn't sit down eyes glued to the television I was happy with the way they moved the ball around the pitch and they acted like a proper team. It all seemed to flow well, and Joe Cole owns. I've always wanted him to play, but that mainly stems from Chelsea, where I hate Damien Duff, because he's an ex-Blackburn Rover - so I automatically hate him.

Haterozing on Rovers player's, current or ex, won't be tolerated here. :shifty:

On that subject has anyone forgiven that wanker Chris Sutton for refusing to play for England. Alan Shearer is currently our best striker even though he's old and past it and Tim Flowers as England 'keeper was even worse then James :shifty:

1 - 0 Ireland

Edited by lanky316

1-0 to Italy now thanks to a Pirlo freekick. Good half so far :)

Edit: Half time now. Been a damn good first half I think. We've attacked more but Scotland have defended well at times so it's not a one sided game here. Totti is looking awesome so far tonight too, as is Cassano.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

If Poland can put 8 past Azerbaijian, then surely we can.

I am expecting at least 7 on Wednesday.

Ljungberg scored 2 for Sweden.

Senderos played well for Switzerland.

Scotland lost.

Ireland drew.

England won.

Robben injured.

What a great day. :D

An encouraging professional display from England today. Everything looked good, We had a great starting 11 with good substitutes to bring on. Joe Cole was outstanding, and Rooney showed his temprement.

I don't care if we score 7, 6, 5, 4 or 1 against Azerbaijian aslong as we get 3 points, were one step closer to Germany.

How can anyone possibly expect England to score 8 against Azerbaijian? We don't work like that, we'll get 2 and Sven will tell em to sit back and relax. Let's not forget we're talking about England who won 5-1 in Germany and a few days later won only by a goal or two against Albania or someone similar.

Thought that Italy performance was very good. We stopped Scotland from attacking most of the time, although they did have there moments. No easy game and I actually thought Scotland were good when it came to defending at times. Cassano looked very quick and sharp tonight, as did Totti too. The two freekicks were lovely from Pirlo, great job there. I disagree with playing Gilardino up front though, he just didn't look all that good tonight. I would have went with Del actually, he's on a high lately too. Either way the win puts us five points clear for now and one step closer to the next round.

Also from what I heard, the Czech game was a brilliant 4-3 game or something. I'll try catch that soon.

Thought that Italy performance was very good. We stopped Scotland from attacking most of the time, although they did have there moments. No easy game and I actually thought Scotland were good when it came to defending at times. Cassano looked very quick and sharp tonight, as did Totti too. The two freekicks were lovely from Pirlo, great job there. I disagree with playing Gilardino up front though, he just didn't look all that good tonight. I would have went with Del actually, he's on a high lately too. Either way the win puts us five points clear for now and one step closer to the next round.

Also from what I heard, the Czech game was a brilliant 4-3 game or something. I'll try catch that soon.

It's the czech republic.. what did you expect? :P It's impressive how they allways seem to be in the way of the netherlands.

You shouldn't be worried about italy, they're better than everyone else in the group and WAY more effective.

Portugal beat Canada in a friendly. This is actually good for portugal considering how bad they have been playing (most of the times). Postiga scored a goal which should bring him to a grand total of 3 goals in club and national team in the past 2 seasons. How they still play him considering his not so recent form i'll never know. He's not even a starter for Porto who are in a 3/4 game losing streak, cause he isn't even playing well enough to fit there, and still manages to get a spot in that portuguese squad. This one is the only game i've watched so far because it was the only one on tv. i'll make sure to watch a couple more on sporttv (portuguese sports channel) either tomorrow or monday. I hope they play the czech republic one.