International Football!

Beckham played well. A lot of dangerous crosses which could have easily been turned in.

I'm getting pretty annoyed with Owen right now. There was so much talk about him breaking the record and that it was a certainty it would happen tonight. Should have had 4 or 5 by end, but I think he's lacking right now. Glad to see him get suspended giving Defoe another game. Also don't understand why Sven only puts Defoe on with about 5 minutes left. Totally pointless! And why does he always take Rooney off instead of Owen ? You could see Rooney looked a bit pissed off when he got taken off again.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Defoe is probably better, but if it came down to how well a player was playing, form wise, Johnson has played better than Defoe this season. Neither will be consistent England internationals, so I just want Johnson to get a few caps before Eriksson stops picking him.

I think Defoe is probably better, but if it came down to how well a player was playing, form wise, Johnson has played better than Defoe this season. Neither will be consistent England internationals, so I just want Johnson to get a few caps before Eriksson stops picking him.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I like AJ, but I do believe he's overrated, but give him a chance, he's not better than Defoe, but give him a go at least and let him show us what he's capable of.

Owen needs to come back to England, I know he had his slow times whilst he was still at Liverpool, but given the chance he can be quality.

I still don't like Sven's style of play though, needs more humpf!

I like AJ, but I do believe he's overrated, but give him a chance, he's not better than Defoe, but give him a go at least and let him show us what he's capable of.

Owen needs to come back to England, I know he had his slow times whilst he was still at Liverpool, but given the chance he can be quality.

I still don't like Sven's style of play though, needs more humpf!

No doubt Owen was shit last night, well partly shit. Yet I still think that usually happens when the pressure is on him. Everyone was basically saying he was going to score and stuff, so maybe that just got to him a bit. He's proved how much talent he has, it's just he needs to use it in nearly every match, which he fails to do. I wouldn't say take him out the team, but do give maybe guys like Defoe a chance to see how they do alongside Rooney and stuff. I feel embaressed for liking Heskey too :blush:

Now someone help me with the qualifying thingy. How do you qualify? Is it the two top teams or what? I keep hearing about the all this goal scoring stuff and it's got me mixed up with everything.

No doubt Owen was shit last night, well partly shit. Yet I still think that usually happens when the pressure is on him. Everyone was basically saying he was going to score and stuff, so maybe that just got to him a bit. He's proved how much talent he has, it's just he needs to use it in nearly every match, which he fails to do. I wouldn't say take him out the team, but do give maybe guys like Defoe a chance to see how they do alongside Rooney and stuff. I feel embaressed for liking Heskey too  :blush:

Now someone help me with the qualifying thingy. How do you qualify? Is it the two top teams or what? I keep hearing about the all this goal scoring stuff and it's got me mixed up with everything.