Official Aston Villa Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa suck. :shifty:

No, what i really meant to say was on the Hitzelsberger issue, has anyone been impressed by him this season? I think he has been thinking about leaivng all year because when I see him this season he hasn't been as good as he was previous seasons. I have always rated him, but this year he has been below average in my eyes anyway.

I heard bout the wage thing which pissed me off. But i think the main thing for him leaving was first team football. He's good to bring off the bench but I don't think he's good enough to be in our first choice 11. He played well last night though, was one of our better players and I heard a lot of people saying "why are we letting him go". Thats one game he's played well in. He says he hasn't been given a proper chance but thats not true. When McCann first went out he played him and Hendrie in the middle and it was obvious he weren't as good as he thinks he is which is why he brought in Davis whos been way better. His positionings shit and he don't put enough tackles in a for a centre mid player and if he didn't have a left foot like he did no one would be even talking about him. But because thats all he's got thats why he's better coming off the bench for 20 minutes cuz he could pop home a screamer and win you a game, but thats all he's got. But good look to him.

WS1, I agree with what you say about Davis been better but i would still picked Hitz over Lee Hendrie anyday and proberly Gavin McCann to im not even going to bothe considering Djemba Djemba or Berson as neither of them have shown me they can walk streight let alone kick

McCann is our best central midfielder. Hitz doesn't come close. I also prefer Hendrie, more complete player. Berson is the best footballer we have, and he shows it every time he's played, great touch, good feet. And, I also actually like Djemba Djemba.

We have very contrasting veiws on the Players especially Matthiu Berson , don't get me wrong i like McCann I just like Hitz more than him

Guest The Real Deal

I also like McCann more than Hitz and I find that Lee Hendrie as Summer said is also our second best midfielder.

And Berson well I seen him in the Everton game I think it was might have been the Boro one and he was good.

Agree, McCann is our best midfielder we've got. When we bought him I was thinking what the fuck have we got him for, because I hadn't seen that much of him. But since he's been playing I can understand why he got an England call up.

And on another note, how fucking class is that new season ticket. 16-21 years old no matter whether you're in education or not its £280. I was ready to pay out another £400 but thats made my day. Just hope we're not being softened up because we're not gonna get 20m to spend.

Edited by WS1

I see Berson as our best footballing ceneral midfielder, because his touch is excellent, and some of his balls are beautiful. Sometimes, he can't tackle for shit, and spends too long on the ball, but he's still learning the english game.

Don't Know about you guys but I was really impressed with Martin Laursen today, thats the first time I think.

Especially in the First half he was playin Very well

Yeah he played well. Delaney did well to, but thought our best player was Vassell.

Why the fuck did he drop Hendrie and play Hitzlsperger?! He played fuckin shit, hardly put any tackles in and his passing was shite. And then on top of that he brings on Carlton Cole, which is fair enough. But then played him upfront with Angel and put Vassell on the right wing, what the fuck was going on there. He should of just gone 4-3-3. And the referee was fucking awful.

It Certainly Looked a penelty to Me

I think the whole team played pretty well today with the exception of Hitz who seemed to waste it evrey time it came to him.

If It was't for Jussi Jassklinen we would have won by 3 or 4, definatly Man of the Match

Edited by Aftershock871

I'm quite embarrased, actually. The performance was terrible, unlucky that we didn't get a penalty, then they scored - obviously when the team lost it. Unfortunate, bad performance. Hitzle was terrible, completely. So was Angel.

They should be fuckin ashamed of themselves playing and losing that bad. I think I will actually boo them when they come out for the man city game. Just to let them know that we shouldn't have to stand for that. Why the fuck he's dropped Hendrie I have know idea. Angels been like that all season, hasn't even looked interested, just as long as he gets his 40k a week he's happy.

Guest The Real Deal

Boo them?

Yeah great way to bolster their confidence..idiot. We need to stick together and show unity which is exactly what the team need. O'Leary didn't go on a rage why should he?

This is the team that have shown 101% commitment this season with endless problems.