2005 NBA Playoffs Topic

Blitz

I'm talking about Jordan's earlier years, before Pippen when he had no help but made playoffs.

And Bron had a lot better team than some others....AI could have made it easy with that team, atleast with that front court stability.He had good enough talent for him to make the playoffs, he just doesn't have the leadership qualities because of his young age to guide that team...

I dunno, if I was a vet, no matter how good the kid is, I wouldn't let no damn 20 year old boss me the fuck around.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wrestling_Man

On Around the Horn today they were talking about if since there is no Kobe, no Garnett and soon to be no Lebron if these playoffs will not be good for the NBA. I'm going to say this, I don't think it's going to hurt the NBA because this is the chance for somebody new to become a star in the NBA, somebody nobody has heard of. This is going to be good.

Damn, they must be forgetting about Amare and Wade, shit even anybody on the baby Bulls...

Wade, Amare and LeBron are the current faces from waht I've read at different boards, for the youth side of things, anyway.

And ECF is going 7 games Pistons-Heat is gonna come down to D-Wade or Billups hitting a buzzer beater....I can see it now.

No Lakers, no Knicks.

No Kobe, no LeBron, no Garnett.

The playoffs are going to suck ass.

Well, at least I have the number one pick in the draft to look forward to (and if you don't think the NBA will fix it for the Lakers, you don't know about the NBA). Oh, and a 50/50 chance at LeBron in 2-3 years.

Have fun with a worthless playoffs.

Sixers are now officially in the playoffs with another ass kicking to the Bucks. I just hate that we have to play the Pistons most probably, they seem to always be able to keep Iverson from getting hot. Anyways, AI for MVP.

Heh, no offense but as a Piston fan I'm quite happy about the chance of playing the Sixers. I'm really hoping we see the Wizards in the second round (although I don't know if that's possible) because we have absolutely owned them through the past few years.

I think this years playoffs will be just fine, there is plenty of star power with out Kobe, Lebron, or the disgustingly bad Knicks (I have unconditional love for Isiah, but what the fuck did he to do the Knicks!?). There is still a good amount of star power in the playoffs this year with Shaq, Wade, Yao, McGrady, Duncan, Nash, etc.

Have fun with a worthless playoffs.

I definitely have to balk at this statement. Why do you think these playoffs are worthless? Is it the lack of star power (which I don't think there is) or is it the fact that your team didn't make it this year? I'm not trying to be a dick, I honestly wonder why you feel that this years playoffs are worthless.

In my opinion, this years playoffs could shape up to be very interesting. I'm glad to see some new teams in the fold, and glad to see some teams missing out. I really believe that this year could be a very competitive playoff race, and I anticipate a first round upset or two. I honestly don't care what happens though, as long as the Motor City is standing at the top when all is said done. Wether that happens or not though, well we'll find out come June. May the best team win.

actually it CAN happen for LA. I recall Orlando having the same fate when they had the highest record against the other lottery teams when they drafted Webber and traded it to Penny Hardaway. So I hope LA does look forward to the draft.....like Shaq looked forward to his breif stomach virus due to laughing too much about his former team missing the playoffs.

Worthless?...I dunno about that dude. Its already has some worth since teams who were destined to be in this year due to their early season performance (Lakers, T-Wolves, Knicks, Magic and Utah) are NOT in. Though I would have wanted Kobe in the post-season and Crawford too.

Hmm...hey blitz, any chance of updating the playoff standings before the weekend? ;)

Isiah won't choose Bogut, he'll chose Chris Paul, or maybe Gerald Green (heh, dunno why that name came into my head, stupid HS player)....you don't think he'd make the right decision, do you?

Only teams I wanted to see in the playoffs that aren't are the Lakers, Utah, (of course, this is before Kirilenko injury 1), Magic, and Toronto (Chris Bosh owns the Soph class).

Don't sleep, Boston-Philly, Indy-Detroit first rounds with the Pacers losing to the Magic...Philly should lock up the 6th, they have the tie breaker, and only the fucking Hawks to beat.

Its a worthless playoffs because there's no draw.

Detroit is a good team, and deserve everything they've gotten, but, beyond a possible series with Indy, there's no draw there. They're a good team with no personality. They're not the Bad Boys.

The Baby Bulls are an intriguing team, but again, no star there.

Miami, sure, ok, let's see if Shaq can do it without a true superstar player, and don't give me any shit with Wade. He's good, but he's no Kobe. They'll get bounced by Detroit, and if Richard Jefferson is 75%, I think New Jersey could give them fits.

Speaking of New Jersey, they're an intriguing team, but without at least a 75% Richard Jefferson, the get bounced in the first round.

Philly is good, but only as far as the 'How far can AI carry this team' goes. AI is the only real superstar in the playoffs, and if Philly can make a run, they'll be the only interesting team to me.

As for the West, Pheonix and Dallas both play exciting basketball, but neither have proven that they can play winning playoff basketball, and I don't think either will this year. They're soft, and neither is a real ratings draw.

Denver's a good young team, but I see them getting bounced quickly.

As for proven teams in the West, the Cowtown Kings are hurt, and San Antonio is solid, but boring.

I think we're looking at a San Antonio/Detroit NBA Finals, which, while I'm sure it will be good, defensive, tough basketball, just isn't intriguing. Last year was great, and not just because the Lakers were in it (I'm a Lakers fan), but because it was the 'Team' vs. 'The Stars'. It had intrigue, it had big name players, and it had a proven draw of a team, the Los Angeles Lakers. This year has none of that.

Its going to be a boring playoffs, in my opinion, because there's no team out there that makes me go 'hey, I want to watch them'.

Edited by sycodmn

actually it CAN happen for LA. I recall Orlando having the same fate when they had the highest record against the other lottery teams when they drafted Webber and traded it to Penny Hardaway. 

That was before they changed the ping pong ball rules. I also don't doubt that either NY or LA will get the # 1 pick since Bogut is exactly the kind of player both teams could use. It just comes down to whether or not they have confidence in Kobe, or if Phillip will go to the Knicks if they get the top pick. If the top guy was a 2 guard, I'd say Cleveland would be a lock since Stern and his flunkies desperately want LeBron in the playoffs sooner not later.

Even if there was a two guard this year the Cavs wouldnt be able to get him since they dont have a draft pick.  :pinch:

Who did Cleveland trade their pick to? and what did they get in return?

Edited by Assassin

Bobcats Acquire Draft Picks In Two Trades

June 23, 2004 - The Bobcats acquired the 45th overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft from Milwaukee in exchange for Zaza Pachulia, and also acquired a future first-round pick from Cleveland in exchange for Aleksandar Pavlovic. The future first-round pick will come from Toronto, which was due to Cleveland as part of a trade on August 25, 2002 that sent Lamond Murray to the Raptors.

Damn, poor Cavs. What the hell is with Jim?! So he immitates his brother(John) and doesnt have a draft pick for this years draft. Although I know the bulls have a 2nd round pick though...but no first round, thats what I know so far.

[EDIT] oh scrap that...yep...the bulls and cavs have no draft picks this year.

So now we know the cavs just screwed themselves out of a rookie for the incoming season. And to think I thought they could make it atleast at eight place in the playoffs....now if the nets will win in a blowout against the wiz(which are getting asses handed to them for the last 10 minutes until they finally responded..sort of)....I think Lebron would have a lot to do in his early summer.

Edited by D-Extreme

More from that NBAdraft.net site

1 - Boston receives a 2007 Cleveland (top 10 protected) first-round pick. (Jiri Welsh trade 022405)

2 - Charlotte receive a future conditional Toronto first-round pick (lottery protected thru 2008). (Pavlovic trade 062204) via Cleveland receives a future Toronto first round pick (Lamond Murray trade 092502) 

3 - Charlotte receive Cleveland's 2005 (unconditional) first-round pick (taking Jahidi White 062204) via Phoenix receives future Cleveland first-round pick (lottery protected) Wesley Person trade 100197) -- The Bobcats gained Cleveland's first-round pick in the 2005 NBA Draft (without condition). When Charlotte acquired a first-round pick from Phoenix on June 22 through the expansion selection, the Cavaliers were permitted to keep the pick if it fell within certain draft positions. With their trade for Jiri Welsh, Cleveland was forced to remove all restrictions on the '05 pick, giving the selection to the Bobcats.

4- Orlando receives 2 second round picks from Cleveland in 2005 and 2007 (Drew Gooden trade 072304)

5 - Phoenix receives a 2008 Cleveland second-round pick (Milt Palacio trade 091702)

that's what i thought. They really lost the 2 first picks they had for this year.

They also lost a second round pick for this year and both the first and second for 2007 and a second in 2008.

I hope the Cavs plan EXTREMELY well their picks in 2006 since those will be the only ones they'll be seeing for the next 3 years.