• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with The Yellow Dart :shifty:

Mourinho > *.

Not that I like Chelsea. I just like Mourinho :P

Oh, and Summers telling Johnny Perfect to shut the fuck up after every post he makes is almost as tiring as Johnny's anti-Chelsea rants :P

Edited by TheReilDeal

Well, a double isn't too bad, and winning the Premiership after 50 years of waiting makes up for this disappointment.

Full credit to Liverpool. They worked hard, had some luck, and won. Now I'll like to see them win the CL. They do not have much of a chance against Milan, but you never know in football.

If PSV goes through though, we could have a close final.

Well they can always ban Inter for the disgusting actions of their fans...Then give the space to Liverpool IF they win, though let's be honest, Milan have been favourites since the start of the competition.

Still if Liverpool win and get the CL space then that's great news for Spurs and UEFA Cup down in seventh!

Well, a double isn't too bad, and winning the Premiership after 50 years of waiting makes up for this disappointment.

Full credit to Liverpool. They worked hard, had some luck, and won. Now I'll like to see them win the CL. They do not have much of a chance against Milan, but you never know in football.

I think it would only be fair to see England have 5 teams if Liverpool won it. How would it be fair to cut Everton out, if they've played the whole season and got into a CL place? And if Liverpool were good enough to beat the best in Europe and win the CL, how would it be fair to not allow them to defend it?

I think it would only be fair to see England have 5 teams if Liverpool won it. How would it be fair to cut Everton out, if they've played the whole season and got into a CL place? And if Liverpool were good enough to beat the best in Europe and win the CL, how would it be fair to not allow them to defend it?

Not to mention Europe's the reason we're not in fourth. We've lost 7 on the bounce after European fixtures (which I'd then put down to the injuries, we haven't had the depth to rotate effectively), and that's no coincidence.

Not to mention the fact that the Inter scum should've been banned from Europe anyway.

If they did so with the English spots this season, they would have needed to allow Italian, Spanish, German and last season Portuguese FA's to have an extra-team on it.
Edited by The Rock Box

How is it fair to let Liverpool into the CL next year if they win it?

If they can't even qualify because their squad can't cope with two competitions at once, why should they? :P

And what Malenko is saying is, the more teams a country has in the Europe, the better chance that country has of increasing their coefficient, which isn't fair on everyone else.

No other country has been allowed an extra place just because a team from their country won it, so why should England be?

"Because we're England" isn't a valid answer, although it seems to work for other things.

The fact is, Liverpool not qualifying according to the qualification rules the FA set isn't UEFA's fault. If Liverpool want a chance to defend the title that they might win, they have to beg the FA, not UEFA.

The simple facts are:

England get four Champions League places.

The FA give those four places to the top four finishers in the Premiership.

If Liverpoolk finish fifth, they qualify for the UEFA cup, NOT the Champions League, even if they ARE the Champions.

UEFA might decide to give England a fifth spot in the CL, but if they do it's complete bullshit.

Edited by TheReilDeal

If they did so with the English spots this season, they would have needed to allow Italian, Spanish, German and last season Portuguese FA's to have an extra-team on it.

Because Italian, Spanish and German teams will all win it this year as well?

How is it fair to let Liverpool into the CL next year if they win it?

If they can't even qualify because their squad can't cope with two competitions at once, why should they? :P

And what Malenko is saying is, the more teams a country has in the Europe, the better chance that country has of increasing their coefficient, which isn't fair on everyone else.

No other country has been allowed an extra place just because a team from their country won it, so why should England be?

"Because we're England" isn't a valid answer, although it seems to work for other things.

The fact is, Liverpool not qualifying according to the qualification rules the FA set isn't UEFA's fault. If Liverpool want a chance to defend the title that they might win, they have to beg the FA, not UEFA.

The simple facts are:

England get four Champions League places.

The FA give those four places to the top four finishers in the Premiership.

If Liverpoolk finish fifth, they qualify for the UEFA cup, NOT the Champions League, even if they ARE the Champions.

UEFA might decide to give England a fifth spot in the CL, but if they do it's complete bullshit.

Just so you know, the reason a country generally hasn't been given an extra spot is because usually, the Champions League winner is in the top 4 (or whatever qualifying thing is necessary for that country) by the end of the season. Its only happened once before, and Spain chose Real Madrid to go into the CL to defend, rather than the 4th team.

I'd have argued for Spain getting 5 spots when that happened as well....also, surely the co-efficients are done on an average basis, so that there is just as likely a chance for a team to drag thier co-efficient down, as there is for them to increase it.

And we're kidding ourselves if we think Everton are going beyond the group stages. They've been good in the Premiership, because their style of play suits England, and their players are allowed to get away with more. They've got a 'hard' style (for lack of a better word), and most European refs wouldn't like it.

Because Italian, Spanish and German teams will all win it this year as well?

What?

Edited by Malenko

I'd like to add that if Everton come forth and don't recieve the Champions League place, it's total bullshit. Wasn't it Bill Shankly who said "the league is our bread and butter"? And so if Liverpool aren't good enough, for whatever reason (injuries etc), to finish in the top four they shouldn't be in the Champions League.

I still feel that only the actual champions, with perhaps the second placed team, should play in the Champions League, but whatever. But fair play to Everton, and it'll be nice to see them reap the cash rewards next season.