The Xbox 360 Unveiled~!

The Kraig

Read the fucking articles. And that controller that's 'just attached' to it? It's not. It doesn't even have a cable you idiot, it's all wireless.

I wasn't even talking about the design, which by the way, looks a whole lot better than any other previous console. Hell, the PS2 looked more like a box than the Xbox. Since you're all obviously too fucking lazy to do it, here's some of the cool things that the 360 does:

The console itself, has customizable parts, such as the faceplate, so you can change it's appearance since looks are so important to some of you.

It will come with Xbox Live, Silver, which means you can download stuff for your games like game patches, new content, etc without having to apply for Xbox Live. Xbox Live Gold has all the rest, like internet gaming, and so on.

It's also worth noting that Xbox Live is getting a massive make-over and upgrade, which is going to kick ass.

*insert specs, blah blah blah* In short, it's the most powerful console ever made...as of yet.

Apparently it looks much nicer than it does in the promotional pictures, and can infact, read CDs when sitting vertically without fucking up the discs, ala the PS2.

All controllers are wire-free, and you can have up to four at a time, working just like a television remote control does.

The graphics are bizarrely realistic from the few that have been released.

I can't wait to see what Sony and Nintendo are going to pull out of their magical assholes to combat this.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some of the cool things that the 360 does:

The console itself, has customizable parts, such as the faceplate, so you can change it's appearance since looks are so important to some of you.

It will come with Xbox Live, Silver, which means you can download stuff for your games like game patches, new content, etc without having to apply for Xbox Live. Xbox Live Gold has all the rest, like internet gaming, and so on.

It's also worth noting that Xbox Live is getting a massive make-over and upgrade, which is going to kick ass.

*insert specs, blah blah blah* In short, it's the most powerful console ever made...as of yet.

Apparently it looks much nicer than it does in the promotional pictures, and can infact, read CDs when sitting vertically without fucking up the discs, ala the PS2.

All controllers are wire-free, and you can have up to four at a time, working just like a television remote control does.

I can't wait to see what Sony and Nintendo are going to pull out of their magical assholes to combat this.

Here's some of the cool things that the 360 does:

-Customizable faceplates are alright I guess, but it's all part of this bullshit marketing where everything has to seem like a fucking cell phone these days. I don't think anyone is saying the look of the console is important in whether or not to buy it, just pictures were posted and it's ugly. The original PS2 model is ugly too, doesn't mean I don't play it.

-X-Box has a great online system set up, no arguments here.

What did you expect, something less powerful than currently available? That wouldn't make sense.

-Okay, so they addressed and solved a problem that faced a five year old system.

-If they didn't have wireless controllers after Nintendo pioneered it, they'd be stupid. Just like Sony was stupid for not putting four ports on the PS2 after Nintendo did that with the 64.

Again, what did you expect? It's next-gen hardware, it's supposed to blow you away.

-I'm sure Sony and Nintendo have quite a few ideas lined up. I mean, sure, the 360 looks great but there is absolutely nothing coming from Microsoft that makes me say "wow!" Okay, we got the Killers to perform, we like silver, we have a bad controller, and fantastic specs, now what? Halo 2 The Remix? C'mon, give me something that floors me, not a bunch of style to hide that there is no substance. I'm not taking any sides in a console war now, especially since I know next to nothing about Revolution or PS3, but as of now, Microsoft has not impressed me with this unveiling. This strikes me as nothing but MS trying to jumpstart the next generation of hardware when the X-Box, PS2, and GC still have plenty of life left in them. Lackluster unveilings like this is why I refuse to buy launch hardware.

Meh, I'm pretty sure I heard more or less of the same stuff when the X-box vs PS2 debate was going on. X-Box 360 will be more powerful than the new PS offering, but in the end the PS will most likely have the better software library again. The 360 will be more powerful on paper, but the developers probably won't be able to get the full potential out of the system.

Supposedly, developers are moving projects from X-Box 360 to PS3 because the PS3's power is apparently staggering.

from everywhere I've been reading online it says spec wise PS2 will be more powerful than the new Xbox , Something called the mpu's will be the same for both systems but Sony will have far more superior cpu

Dan raised an interesting point on MSN about the wireless controllers. He reckons he won't bother if they're going to be battery powered as it's going to be a monthly expense or something. I'd have thought there'd be a rechargeable option, either a mains charger provided by Microsoft out of the box, or a third party solution. I doubt it'd impact sales in any major way, but it could be a minor turn off for losers like Dan :P

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Wireless controllers aren't that appealing to me, the battery replacement/recharge, combined with the possible extra weight does nothing for me, plus I'm guessing theres more chance of the game cutting out if you go outta range, at least with wires you know you cant walk off.

also alot of people online are throwing a hissy because as of now Microsoft hasn't said anything if the system will be backward compatible , if not that could be a big loss

Wireless controllers aren't that appealing to me, the battery replacement/recharge, combined with the possible extra weight does nothing for me, plus I'm guessing theres more chance of the game cutting out if you go outta range, at least with wires you know you cant walk off.

Edited by Scott McFly