Nintendo Revolution Revealed!

zero

This is what I hate about console wars, people don't get what it all comes down to: image. Nintendo is finally catching up with the times and to claim they'll be out of developers in the next two or three years is the dumbest thing I've heard since someone said they could lose a gaming console. Simply, at this stage in the game (which is way too early for me to be making predictions like this), I'd say I'm getting a Revolution and a PS3, just like I have a Gamecube and a PS2.

And Mortis, how can you POSSIBLY say Nintendo's E3 showing was dismal? I'm one of Nintendo's harshest critics (yet biggest fans), and that showing was phenomenal. They're dominating the handheld market, they have the best looking of the new systems (if that matters), and the ability to play old NES, SNES, N64, and Cube games. And don't give me that shit about how you can play NES and SNES games on a PS2 and X-Box, how many people honestly do that? Not to mention the fact it is pretty much illegal... and you can do it on a Dreamcast as well. Nevertheless, it's not a selling point of a PS2 or X-Box because it's not a widely known feature. Sure, I can play import titles on my PS2, but that's not a selling point because I can't do it out of the box and I have to go through shady methods to do it.

And I'm a 21 year old who loves Mario Sunshine, it's a fun game. That's all I want, is fun games. Whether it be GTA, Jak & Daxter, Mario, or Resident Evil.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grapehead

Zero knows exactly what he's talking about. I don't like seeing guys say the PS2 fits in their life because they are such and such years old, because it's not a factor. Pleanty of people 20-30 love mario games, and other such things, and some people prefer mature titles with lots of heavy action. It's a personal preference, not a matter of how old you are, I myself am only 18(will be 19 in the fall) but as I've grown up with video games, I still enjoy games aimed at the younger crowd cause it's fun.

I thought Nintendo made a huge impact at E3 thus far, so to say they were somewhat of a no-show is ridiculous, and pretty rude. Like I've said before though, I don't paticularly mind who prejudges the Revolution, it just means I get to enjoy sweet shit that none of the simple minded folk do.

I wonder when nintendo will show the controller, maybe at the end? Anyway I'm definentley getting 2 systems this gen. One will be the Rev., the other not too sure about. All in all its great to be a gamer. :D

Guest Grapehead

I wonder when nintendo will show the controller, maybe at the end?  Anyway I'm definentley getting 2 systems this gen.  One will be the Rev., the other not too sure about. All in all its great to be a gamer.  :D

Guest Grapehead

I hate to break it to you guys, but unless Nintendo can realy do something "Revolutionary" it will get killed by the other two systems comming out in sheer power alone.

For those of you who don't know Game Cube sported a whole woping 400 Mhz of CPU power. Lets say the full blown tripple everything the Game Cube had. Your still talking only 1.2 Ghz of processing power. The only thing I can see thats "Revolutionary" about the Revolution at all at this point is that it'll probably hit the shelves as the cheapest system on the the market and be a whole lot cheaper to produce.

PS3 may have 7 processors, each of which would have 2 or 3 times the processing power of this next nintendo system, but processors arn't cheap. The graphics processor they invented for PS3 is capable of rendering hollywood quality movie images in real time. PS3 is literaly twice as powerfull as the X-box 360 in that respect. Not to mention the GPU they designed for PS3, in the words of the CEO of Nvidia is capable of producing HD graphics at twice the rate of their best PC graphics card on the market which will run anybody wanting one $500. Unless Nintendo can magicly pull a rabit out of it's ass, I think we've seen the last console we'll ever see from them.

On one hand, I want a Revolution so I can play old games on it. That's badass.

I also want a PS3 since I've seen alot of good looking titles for it. I believe Black(?) is coming out on PS3, yes? And WWE's debut on the PS3, while it might be lacking in the gameplay department, will look beautiful, and maybe one more step to looking true to life.

I also want an Xbox 360 since I'm a rabid Halo fan. Not so much for the story as it is the online mode. That's awesome shit.

And spectator mode in Counter Strike: Source is cool. I hope it's that way on the new Xbox Live.

Madden kicked the shit out ESPN this year, the fuck are you talking about?

In sales, yes. In quality IMO, no.

Madden simulated the strategy of football but didn't have the atmosphere. ESPN has the atmosphere and the style of real football, especially with features like First Person Football.

Edited by dragon27

EA today is widly considered to be the best game developer around right now.

BWAHAHA.

Richest? Yes. Best? Nope.

No shit. Most sucessful? Maybe, but by no means, no means, the best.

Anyway, I hope they don't go stylus only on the Revolution, as if I wanted the ackward control of a laptop I'd go for the poor graphics and jurrasic processor power as well.

Guest strongarm85

Face it, Revolution is destined the become the Kia of the next gen games. The only reason why its going to be cheaper to produce games on Revolution is because it wont have the graphics.

PS3 on the other hand almost 100% destined to become the next gen games Lexus, while 360 fills in Honda's role.

PS3 on the other hand almost 100% destined to become the next gen games Lexus, while 360 fills in Honda's role.

After the incredibly cheap showing of the remedial PS2, how you can call the PS3 a Lexus and not a Lemon, I don't know.

I do believe Strongarm is obviously a Sony fanboy.

Once you get to PS3 quality there realy isn't a whole lot of room left to improve. I don't see this as being the final console generation but with the graphics PS3 is capable of turning out I don't see too many more in the future.

Uh... yeah. Yeah he is.

And he's obviously never played a PC game.

*stocks up on lottery tickets*

I want all three.

- Nintendo Revolution looks great, especially with the older game downloading feature. Only thing that can fuck them over are the controllers.

- PS3 looks amazing, and if the graphics live up to what they're said to be, then it will be amazing. Controllers need work though.

- XBOX 360 looks meh. I'm not really a fan of XBOX, so this would be the last one I got.

So, all in all, I'd get the PS3, then NR, then the XBOX360.