Nintendo Revolution Revealed!

zero

And one more thing; Can anyone say ONLINE POKÉMON BATTLES? :D

:D:D:D

After reading all this shit I don't know WHICH console I want, but I'm really leaning towards the Revolution right now. Chris' suggestion of online Pokemon battles...plus, new Pokemon games combined with updated graphics engines and...

*drool*

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My intial thought to seeing the pics of the Revolution was: "Wow, I've so got to have one of those in my house as soon as is humanly possible". This was quickly followed by "OF course, I'd have to put it up at night, cause with it being that small, my dog might mistake it for one of this chew toys."

Everything I've heard about the system indicates that Nintendo is going to try to give the best of both worlds: The innovation and "newness" that they're known for, along with a more healthy does of "mainstream" features than they've used in the past. Could make for an interesting next round of console battles. I just want to see some of the games though, dammit. :angry:

I'm about to pee my pants anticipating what kind of Pokemon games could be unleashed upon this system.

Oh..my...god...

AHAHAHAHA LOSE IT? Don't be fucking stupid. Are you telling me everything you own is bigger than a vcr in case you lose it?

No CD's, No Mobile Telephones, No Portable Music Players, Television Remote Controls, Cameras or pretty much anything else for you then.

Guest strongarm85

I hate to break it to you guys, but unless Nintendo can realy do something "Revolutionary" it will get killed by the other two systems comming out in sheer power alone.

For those of you who don't know Game Cube sported a whole woping 400 Mhz of CPU power. Lets say the full blown tripple everything the Game Cube had. Your still talking only 1.2 Ghz of processing power. The only thing I can see thats "Revolutionary" about the Revolution at all at this point is that it'll probably hit the shelves as the cheapest system on the the market and be a whole lot cheaper to produce.

PS3 may have 7 processors, each of which would have 2 or 3 times the processing power of this next nintendo system, but processors arn't cheap. The graphics processor they invented for PS3 is capable of rendering hollywood quality movie images in real time. PS3 is literaly twice as powerfull as the X-box 360 in that respect. Not to mention the GPU they designed for PS3, in the words of the CEO of Nvidia is capable of producing HD graphics at twice the rate of their best PC graphics card on the market which will run anybody wanting one $500. Unless Nintendo can magicly pull a rabit out of it's ass, I think we've seen the last console we'll ever see from them.

Nintendo hope to compete with quality games rather than quality graphics.

Fuck the PS3s "hollywood quality movie images", if they can't make good games with them then I don't give a shit.

And the Final Fantasy 7 Tech Demo they showed? It was an FMV rather than actual gameplay footage.

Still PS3 for me.

Seriously powerful and will be the best supported with games the same as the PS2 was and the PS1 was.

I've never been a big fan of Nintendo ever since the day of the NES/Master System situation.

It doesn't appeal to me as a 24 year old.

X-Box is too 'spoddy'.

PS is cool, with a great wide variety of games, and seems to market the 20s/30s videogames players more than the others...

Still PS3 for me.

Seriously powerful and will be the best supported with games the same as the PS2 was and the PS1 was.

I've never been a big fan of Nintendo ever since the day of the NES/Master System situation.

It doesn't appeal to me as a 24 year old.

X-Box is too 'spoddy'.

PS is cool, with a great wide variety of games, and seems to market the 20s/30s videogames players more than the others...

heres some more news from IGN

E3 2005: Smash Bros. For Revolution

And guess what? It's coming for system launch.

by Matt Casamassina

May 17, 2005 - At its pre-E3 2005 press conference in Los Angeles, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata spoke about the company's next-generation console, codenamed Revolution. Iwata specifically revealed some of the games in development for the system.

Fans of Super Smash Bros. Melee are in for a doubly sweet treat. Iwata said that Nintendo is hard at work on a Super Smash Bros. sequel that will debut for the launch of Revolution. The system is scheduled to ship in mid-2006, according to reports. Better yet, this new Revolution Smash Bros. will take advantage of the console's Wi-Fi capabilities for online play out of the box.

No further details on Revolution Super Smash Bros. have been revealed, but gamers can expect to hear much more on the anticipated fighter sequel in the coming months.

So it has a modified design and you can download older games, big deal, it still looks like a DVD player painted black.

Also, I would buy this, if they had actual good games. Most the games I play aren't cartoonish, or 'child oriented' and so I probably won't buy the system unless they can get actual good 'over the age of 13' type games.

If they make Super Mario Sunshine II I think that Nintendo needs to be smacked.

Actually, to me, it looks like a black modem with a disc drive. You certainly should be smacked though, that's the lamest argument that can be brought against the Gamecube, and I will(if need be) give a list of every game that is either rated t and up or would come off as "over the age of 13" type games. Get over your uber cool obsession with killing shit, and accept there can be more to a 'good' game than the maturity of it.

Edited by Mortis

I hate to break it to you guys, but unless Nintendo can realy do something "Revolutionary" it will get killed by the other two systems comming out in sheer power alone.

For those of you who don't know Game Cube sported a whole woping 400 Mhz of CPU power. Lets say the full blown tripple everything the Game Cube had. Your still talking only 1.2 Ghz of processing power. The only thing I can see thats "Revolutionary" about the Revolution at all at this point is that it'll probably hit the shelves as the cheapest system on the the market and be a whole lot cheaper to produce.

PS3 may have 7 processors, each of which would have 2 or 3 times the processing power of this next nintendo system, but processors arn't cheap. The graphics processor they invented for PS3 is capable of rendering hollywood quality movie images in real time. PS3 is literaly twice as powerfull as the X-box 360 in that respect. Not to mention the GPU they designed for PS3, in the words of the CEO of Nvidia is capable of producing HD graphics at twice the rate of their best PC graphics card on the market which will run anybody wanting one $500. Unless Nintendo can magicly pull a rabit out of it's ass, I think we've seen the last console we'll ever see from them.

Guest strongarm85

If you guys want to talk aobut Game Quality the CEO of EA games just said at the PS3 presentation yesterday that they where 100% commited to the PS3. EA today is widly considered to be the best game developer around right now. Nintendo used to have the best developers around. And with Scilicon Knights leaving the Nintendo Family thats one less game developer that they carry. If the trend keeps up Nintendo will be out of developers within the next 2 or 3 years.

You say what?

Burnout 3 is considered one of the best driving games on any console so far. Need for speed UG2 is also a very good racer. Tiger Woods 2005 is the best golf game ever. Fight Night 2 is one of the best boxing games ever.

You say what?

Burnout 3 is considered one of the best driving games on any console so far.

Burnout 3 is no more a driving game than it is a car crashing game. If I want cool car crashes (and I won't lie, I do) I'll pick up Burnout 3. If I want RACING, I'll play Gran Turismo.

Gran Turismo is a better RACING game than Burnout 3.

Gran Turismo has had the same "Racing" since the first one. It's dated now. Thats why in every magazine and 90% of people have rated Burnout 3 above GT4.

You say what?

Burnout 3 is considered one of the best driving games on any console so far.

Burnout 3 is no more a driving game than it is a car crashing game. If I want cool car crashes (and I won't lie, I do) I'll pick up Burnout 3. If I want RACING, I'll play Gran Turismo.

Gran Turismo is a better RACING game than Burnout 3.