Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next season, I expect we'll be seeing two (Cisse and Morientes, methinks) up front.

That sounds like a winning combo to me (Y) (works on FIFA anyway ^_^ )

Have Liverpool only signed midfielders so far? With Reina being the only exception Zenden, Gonzales, Sissoko and I think Baragan is a midfielder too? Rafa must think that that's where a problem lies....for some reason I can see Harry Kewell going though.

Next season, I expect we'll be seeing two (Cisse and Morientes, methinks) up front.

That sounds like a winning combo to me (Y) (works on FIFA anyway ^_^ )

Have Liverpool only signed midfielders so far? With Reina being the only exception Zenden, Gonzales, Sissoko and I think Baragan is a midfielder too? Rafa must think that that's where a problem lies....for some reason I can see Harry Kewell going though.

He is indeed the Chillean. However I was wrong about Baragan he is actually a defender. I was sure Ceefax had said he was a midfielder.

400th Post :D

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

Gonzalez is injured until November, and Rafa has said he wants to sign Figo. That would effectively leave us with;

- Gerrard

- Figo

- Alonso

- Zenden

- Sissoko

- Kewell

- Garcia

- Gonzalez (when he's back)

Competing for a midfield place, and that's assuming we're not going to play one striker.

I still think we need a centre back though, because Hyypia's getting on a bit and we have no real cover for him or Carra.

Gonzalez is injured until November, and Rafa has said he wants to sign Figo.  That would effectively leave us with;

- Gerrard

- Figo

- Alonso

- Zenden

- Sissoko

- Kewell

- Garcia

Competing for a midfield place, and that's assuming we're not going to play one striker.

I still think we need a centre back though, because Hyypia's getting on a bit and we have no real cover for him or Carra.

- Gerrard

- Figo

- Alonso

- Zenden

- Sissoko

- Kewell

- Garcia

Hamann, Potter, and Riise (if he decides to play him in midfield again) too. And he's said he wants another right midfielder too.

Can't see Kewell leaving. Who'd buy him?

Boro tend to like paying high wages. I could see him going there.

So far the transfer market has been pretty tame. I want to see a couple of big signings take place before the new season particularly at Manchester United and Arsenal because they wont catch Chelsea up unless they make one or two slight changes to the team. United just need a creative midfielder and Arsenal should look into picking up a quality centre back.

Southampton have given Liverpool to the end of the week to sign 24-year-old striker Peter Crouch.

Liverpool have had a £6m bid rejected, with Saints believed to want for £8m for Crouch, who played in the club's 2-1 win over Motherwell on Wednesday.

"If they want him they have got to pay the money," said Redknapp.

"They said they wanted to go on tour with him so they need to buy him this week or forget all about him. Then we can all get on with our lives."

If the money is right then we would have to look at it

Southampton boss Harry Redknapp

Crouch made his England debut at the end of last season after an outstanding season for Southampton despite their relegation.

The 6ft 7in striker scored 16 goals for the Saints last season after arriving from Aston Villa.

Crouch wants Reds move - Redknapp

Redknapp has admitted Crouch is keen on a move to Anfield, and has said the club would be tempted to cash in on their major asset - at the right price.

"We don't want to sell him but obviously if the money is right then we would have to look at it," he said.

"But the offer they have made is not good enough. They offered £6m for him, West Ham did too, but we decided it wasn't enough.

"I don't want to say how much we want for him but they are not there at the moment, that's for sure.

"I want to keep him anyway. We have got to try to get back out of this league and I have already lost some good players.

"If we sold him I'm sure I wouldn't see all of it but although I would be able to bring in two or three players I would rather have Crouchy."

Earlier this week, Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez confirmed that Reds chief executive Rick Parry had been in talks with Southampton over a renewed bid for Crouch.

"Crouch is a player I like and I would hope that the final talking will be over as soon as possible," said Benitez.

"I would like to see him working with us, at this stage of our season you want players sooner rather than later."

Vieira to Juventus has apparently been agreed.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadra/Juve.../13vieira.shtml

http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=93137

Both Italian sites, but says a deal has been reached. They are reliable too.

Should have sold him last season for more than double. We will probably hear more tomorrow.

Erm, Henry isn't going anywhere. End of.

But that will clearly be the new summer thing for the media if Vieira goes.

Fuck sake, why can't they do it to Lampard or Terry for a change, why must it always be about Arsenal players leaving every summer ffs. Ljungberg, Pires, Campbell, Vieira, Henry, Cole.

Every fucking summer.

Ah, my mistake.

Personally, I'm going with the "I'll believe it when I see it" theory with Viera. Last year, he had all but signed for Madrid but changed his mind. I'm not convinced that Arsenal would be that willing to get rid of him. Then again, I'm not an Arsenal fan so I don't know what the board is thinking.

If I was Wenger I'd go for Juve's offer of £10M for Viera. He's still a great player but he's 29 now, his best years are soon to be coming to an end. If I was an Arse fan then I'd want him to go too, I'd be pissed off with the same saga every bloody summer. For as long as I can remember it's been the same story, Viera undecided on his future until he finally decides in August that he wants to end his career at Arsenal.

I never actually understood Real's interest in him last year, they let a younger player of a similar standard go when he wanted to stay. That player was Makalele. Madrid are a very strange club.

Edited by Weaf